Gumbo

air_071a_14t.jpg

P

Pakman

as per orders

don't own the game but nice pic

G

Gumbo

I shall 'own' the game tomorrow, by all accounts it is 'The Tits'.

Really looking forwar to LoMac though, google and be prepared to wet your pants in anticipation when you see some screenies.

W

Will

I just bought this...didn't realise it was quite that new. I shall report back tomorrow.;)

S

Slug

Doesnt seem to good to me, not worth paying extra for anyways.

W

Will

Seems very good to me...very realistic. I'm sure I'll shoot down something soon. Certainly my Crimson Skies skills are stupidly improved already.

G

Gumbo

Well I never had the original IL2, so it's a good buy for me. Took me three goes to take off the first time, kept catching a wing tip and blowing up.

Then I got off the ground, and spent the entire mission trying to catch up with my flight, crashed on landing having never fired my guns.

Next go, took off on my second attempt this time, kept up with my flight, and as we engaged 6 JU88's I swung round onto the tail of one and was closing for my shot. Suddenly a flash from the rear guns of the Junkers, and my screen went black instantly. I thought my computer had restarted, (been doing it a bit in the hot weather), but nothing came up, so I hit F2 for an external view and watched my plane fly straight but down in a 30 degree descent or so into the ground. I guess that first burst from the Junkers killed me.

Took off first time, managed to stay just about in the correct formation with my flight, met another stream of JU88's and after passing close in a head to head, I did a high looping turn and descended fast behind one. Tracer flew over my cockpit as I closed and when the plane was practically filling my screen, I opened up. Most of my bullets went into it's starboard engine and a second burst severed it's wing completely as I banked hard right to avoid flying into it. That one was going down in flames.

I carried on the right turn and came up fast below the first plane of the next group, I only had time to let of a stream as it flew through my sights, but a lucky shot must have caught the engine as oil flew out of it followed shortly by flames. I got the message that I was out of ammo so dived away from the other planes defensive gunnery and made my way away from the battle.

We reformed and after waiting my turn, I lined up for the runway. On touchdown I ripped off my landing gear, but somehow survived.

Easily, by far and away one of my most enjoyable and challenging hours spent playing a computer game.

W

Will

It is very hard, but I'm kind of enjoying that too. Though the fighter sounds like more fun than the IL2, since I tried a mission, followed my 2 wingmen (normally by going too fast, overtaking them, looping, then chasing them again) to the objective. The first wingman swooped, dropped a bomb, and destroyed the targets. All of them. I then had to fly home, where I failed to land.

W

Will

I demand an advanced auto-pilot computer in my WW2 plane.:eek:

M

Munkey-

it does have auto-pilot. I use it to fly to objectives/when nothing's happening as i get the urge to shoot my own planes.

A very challenging game, i'm too used to the Space sim genres that require zero effort and always get annoyed when i chase planes round in circles unable to hit them :/

Making myself sit through the training stuff so i can figure out what to do. Interesting to learn the difference between a roll and a barrell roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom