Forget the RR10s, the farmers and the opted rvr groups.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
You mean the heroes that stay to clean up the mess aren't skilled enough for 1fg vs 1fg combat?

You think the ones sacrificing their time to keep the frontier & relic safe by doing one of the most boring and thankless time in the game would rather do it than 1fg vs. 1fg?

Think again.

Jjuraa

Banned
Amanita said:
You mean the heroes that stay to clean up the mess aren't skilled enough for 1fg vs 1fg combat?

You think the ones sacrificing their time to keep the frontier & relic safe by doing one of the most boring and thankless time in the game would rather do it than 1fg vs. 1fg?

Think again.

well of course theres no rule saying that someone who repairs doors cant be skillful in more hands on areas of the game..

that said i dont think Rigante have ever been RvR oriented? or if you have, no impression has been made 0_o

by the way if you manage to put together a watertight argument against this without resorting to the term "elitist" il be very impressed.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jjuraa said:
well of course theres no rule saying that someone who repairs doors cant be skillful in more hands on areas of the game..

that said i dont think Rigante have ever been RvR oriented? or if you have, no impression has been made 0_o

by the way if you manage to put together a watertight argument against this without resorting to the term "elitist" il be very impressed.

Jjuraa, the reason somoene would class your view as elitest is that you giving the impression of "We that paly 1fg Vs 1fg are to good to stand repairing doors or geting wood"

However, it is the FG fights that rely on those that do spend time repairing because if they didnt repair keeps/towers you fights would be unbalanced as we would lose all our relics in just a couple of days.

I have and still do 1fg vs 1fg (hell i do 3vs1fg etc as well and still get kills before dying and im in GoP who aint a RvR guild, so guild have nothing to do with it) and yet i still help around keeps. I cant repair (unless it low level) however i can help by getting wood. It takes just 5minutes to get a decent stock of wood to a repairer if you can port... if your 1fg ported to cs purchased full load of wood each, port back, give to repairer then bugger off i dont think people would moan about it.

But anyways, you looking to argue. I am not. The people that repair and the people that fight in fg's can and are one and the same. All albions, all pay to play game. Do as you wish however if the other people dont do as you hoped then dont whine..

Just remember... without the "Elite" style groups then keeps would be lost more often as would have a harder time to defend.... without the repairers once again keeps would be lost more often as enemy could just walk in.

Im rambling crap.. im tired and should be in bed ... night night :D

Jjuraa

Banned
id have a go at you for using "elitist". but you spelt it wrong so i guess youre off the hook :(

the main reason im posting here (apart from not being able to get ingame and having nothing better to do) is that it annoys me the way people like Amanita act towards "elitist" people. in this case its /ruding people who dont do something her way.

its funny sometimes grping with PE and watching the flak they get just for doing what they want to do.. the other day we were buffing up at sauvage, and some cleric ran up screaming about some hibs camping at beno which was stopping him from getting to docks, and virtualy demanding that PE go and kill them, then saying some derogatory comment about "opted" groups and storming off when ouro told him we werent ready yet.

about three weeks ago a PE grp i was a member of spent a lot of time getting the hib relic back to alb in the first place.. im damn sure we'd all have rather been rvring and getting rps but instead we made sure the relic got back safe.. of course the other albs were a great help as well.. but dont go around acting like "the rr10s, the farmers and the opted rvr groups" dont do you any favours.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:

fyi before toa the rigante were pretty active (and effective) in rvr, not in guild groups but in alliance groups.

they are still kinda of active now but that alliance has less groups running so guess they have less rvr presance (also with case + naetha + gaud and co not being around)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

and fyi jjuraa The Rigante run 1fg rvr grps at least once a week, not that you would know as your so "elite and skilled", and "people like Amanita", dont go around moaning at every guild, its just nice when people help them repair our keeps since they protect the relics >.< but your obviously off the hook because you ran a relic /clap well done mate :twat:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Amanita said:

Think again.
He didn't quite say that, just that repairing a keep doesn't take 'skill', not that the people repairing can't actually fight in rvr and such.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Ah come on Jjuraa don't you think you are being a little unfair?
Personally I don't give a toss who wants to be elitist or not,we all pay our subs and have the choice what to do in game,and whatever you enjoy the most in game you should go for.
However the original post was'nt asking all albion to become crafters and sit there repairing it was more about a few wood runs to help the people that choose to stay and repair.
You mention skill in pressing a macro compared to 1fg vs 1fg?
Do you really think people defend keeps,and then when all has died down they rub there hands and think "wayhey I get to press repair macro for hours now,wow the highlight of my day"! I think not....
I just can't see the point in taking time out to defend a keep,see the hibs or mids off and just leave the gaping hole in the wall,might aswell just let them take it really that way :(
I think you're just bitter cos you can't play :eek2:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Anyway, I think the 'elitist' groups deserve some credit aswell, as without them the people repairing wouldn't even get to repair, as the keep would often have been lost, or they'd get farmed on the way to the keep. It's usually the 'elitist' groups farming the enemies taking a tower (unless it's somewhere they don't usually go and there's action at say, beno) so they help out for a fair share aswell. I know I do anyway, but that doesn't mean I'm at every keep take or remain there afterwards.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Come on guys, it's a team's game. Everyone did a good job, group huggggg!
:m00: I want to play again :/

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
:D in way you could look at it in terms of the real world.

some people are out there playing football/rugby/tennis.
some people mow the grass after the match ;)

feel free to scream and yell, but isnt /repair unskilled labour? im pretty sure 1fg vs 1fg combat is more difficult that tapping a macro.

and if Tim Henman had lifted the Wimbledon Trophy this year, im damn sure the hero wouldnt have been the guys who pulled the plastic sheets off the grass in the morning :)

FYI i just found this thread funny so felt like replying since i cant get ingame atm. if you didnt want a contraversial reply you shouldnt have started a contraversial thread :)

It takes about 800+ in woodwoorking to repair a lvl 10 Keep wall and doors.

At the end of your Post you say " ...... if you didnt want a contraversial reply you shouldnt have started a contraversial thread"

There is nothing contraversial about asking for people to stop op to give some wood to the people who spend HOURS repairing and its not gaming hours its Real time hours.
I know you wrote this because your a bored Brainy kid that thought oh lets provoke the people and se what happens. You can do alot better than that.

A word of Advice though which can be used in "RL" too: Thanking people for doing a job that has to be done to make the wheels turn just shows you have class and style.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Pffft, i aint got class and style ... and i thank people for repairing and help them out :D

Dimse you lie :(

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Just imagine what would've happend if no-one had bothered to sit and repair the keep for a couple of hours.

Now think what would've happend if there'd be no-one out there to hunt those nasty mids/hibs/albs (yeah, it goes for all sides).

I reckon it fairly balances eachother out, yet the 'elites' get a bit more respect than those who stay behind and clean up the mess, and THAT is what this thread is about.

Jjuraa

Banned
Dimse Dut said:
At the end of your Post you say " ...... if you didnt want a contraversial reply you shouldnt have started a contraversial thread"

There is nothing contraversial about asking for people to stop op to give some wood to the people who spend HOURS repairing and its not gaming hours its Real time hours.

granted, but thats not exactly what she said is it?

anyway.putting aside the fact that im *obviously* on a high because i capped a relic which makes me so much better than all of you. (and i hesitate to put this, because i know the irony will go supersonic over some peoples heads).

i realise that if the doors werent repaired the relic would be taken. the reason i fail to see the importance of woodruns/repairing is because i fail to see the importance of the relic. a +10% bonus to melee which is only going to last another week before its reset anyway is not a big enough incentive to make me stop rvring...

also: if rigante really feel like they would be put to much better use RvRing than repairing gates, then id love to see you out there.. it would be far easier to cap/defend relics with a few more good opted groups as opposed to a zerg and repair crew..

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Cute? :<
Agree to Jjuraa here. I'd rather see some more good groups out aswell, even if it would mean losing relics/keeps.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I run and take part in so called "opted" groups, I dont think for second they are "elitist"

If you rvr for years with the same people, see each other gain ranks from like rr1 to rr8, they become your friends, and you rvr with your freinds.

If perchance Im not in a full group, I will go fetch wood for people. Mutual respect is whats needed - Im sure those repairers are glad to know there are opted FGs patroling the area stopping inc to the hole, and like wise I respect those who take the time to repair stuff. So long as repairers feel appreciated and their work acknowledged, I dont see a problem.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
:D in way you could look at it in terms of the real world.

some people are out there playing football/rugby/tennis.
some people mow the grass after the match ;)

feel free to scream and yell, but isnt /repair unskilled labour? im pretty sure 1fg vs 1fg combat is more difficult that tapping a macro.

and if Tim Henman had lifted the Wimbledon Trophy this year, im damn sure the hero wouldnt have been the guys who pulled the plastic sheets off the grass in the morning :)

FYI i just found this thread funny so felt like replying since i cant get ingame atm. if you didnt want a contraversial reply you shouldnt have started a contraversial thread :)

Most fg vs fg fights need some skill, but not much. It is one quality. Supporting a crafter, leveling it, etc. needs many different qualities, including dedication, patience, etc. something you have in most people who win a real sports events. They part of a team, and willing to work for the stuff needs to be done.

Most fgvsfg people never had enough patience to level a crafter, most of them never had enough dedication. Many of them know far less about the game than most crafters. But they want insta RVR and insta bragging rights.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:

anyway.putting aside the fact that im *obviously* on a high because i capped a relic which makes me so much better than all of you. (and i hesitate to put this, because i know the irony will go supersonic over some peoples heads).

i realise that if the doors werent repaired the relic would be taken. the reason i fail to see the importance of woodruns/repairing is because i fail to see the importance of the relic. a +10% bonus to melee which is only going to last another week before its reset anyway is not a big enough incentive to make me stop rvring...

also: if rigante really feel like they would be put to much better use RvRing than repairing gates, then id love to see you out there.. it would be far easier to cap/defend relics with a few more good opted groups as opposed to a zerg and repair crew..

Jjuraa: It would be far easier to defend the relic if we would have players who don't only want insta victories with "opted" groups without knowing much about even basic commands and functions. Many people are tired with some examples I tend to use, but it is true: A lot of the opted grp rvr people can face a problem when someone ask them about basic stuff.

Why we keep the relics? Not because of the opted group people who ignore it, and go to gank more fgs for rps and bragging rights? But because of people who enjoy the game, and stay even when new stuff come out, and craft, supply people with stuff, help with raids, and who do rvr to have fun, not just to boost their egos. Ones who don't know the game enough, and don't know that it is a game where they should have fun, but constantly want opted ego boosting should think: why they need to boost their ego, and why they don't do it in games, that are about PVP skills and not about roleplaying in a world. And you will see why other players are the heroes and not them. Because other players "win" every fight where they have fun, meet new friends, and because for them crafting isn't a problem since it is time spent with friends. And they are better in playing MMORPGs. Mostly these people repair the keeps. Why? Because they don't need "more RPs" ego boosting, they have friends and fun in the game.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:

Well I see the light now. I have for 3 years spent money and time repairing when I should have been Rvring. I for one will stop repairing and I suggest those who usually repair dont and just go rvr..Lets all start selecting players for our opted groups maybe do a bit of practice by following Jjuraa to se how its done.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Most fg vs fg fights need some skill, but not much. It is one quality. Supporting a crafter, leveling it, etc. needs many different qualities, including dedication, patience, etc. something you have in most people who win a real sports events. They part of a team, and willing to work for the stuff needs to be done.

Most fgvsfg people never had enough patience to level a crafter, most of them never had enough dedication. Many of them know far less about the game than most crafters. But they want insta RVR and insta bragging rights.
"Fgvsfg" ppl are also need to have patience and dedication. Lvling up a crafter is np tbh. I needed like 2 months for get 1100 in AC tho in Oct-Nov 2002 period, but crafted only when I had mood for it - know ppl who got LGM rank in tailor and ACer without using macro (before someone accuses them :p) in 4-5 days. Actually they were the so called "fgvsfg" ppl.

You were generalising. Like me now: many of the crafters know far less about the game than most "fgvsfg" ppl.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Dimse Dut said:
Well I see the light now. I have for 3 years spent money and time repairing when I should have been Rvring. I for one will stop repairing and I suggest those who usually repair dont and just go rvr..Lets all start selecting players for our opted groups maybe do a bit of practice by following Jjuraa to se how its done.
You cant blame me about that, we tried to lure you a lot out during our times in Immortal alliance :D

Jjuraa

Banned
sorry Esselinithia most of what you say is absolute rubbish :D interesting insight to what some people are thinking though.

Dimse: yey :D :clap:

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
I run and take part in so called "opted" groups, I dont think for second they are "elitist"

If you rvr for years with the same people, see each other gain ranks from like rr1 to rr8, they become your friends, and you rvr with your freinds.

If perchance Im not in a full group, I will go fetch wood for people. Mutual respect is whats needed - Im sure those repairers are glad to know there are opted FGs patroling the area stopping inc to the hole, and like wise I respect those who take the time to repair stuff. So long as repairers feel appreciated and their work acknowledged, I dont see a problem.

Zede: Add one more thing, they should get the help they need. Not all opted fgs are the same, but I haven't seen you bragging about your superiority because of higher RR, and probably many of the people who rvr with an optimal setup try to have fun like most sane players. Help others. Maybe if a crafter / repairer contacts you to help where you can you would do. The problem is with the people who don't know much about the game, but care only for RPs and EGO boosting.

I never realy liked fg vs fg, and my reasons aren't about fear, or something like it. I think the main objective in the game is to have fun. Play with a spec you like. fg vs fg rvr isn't about this. The "zerg vs zerg" keep takes are different, in a such zerg, there is space for the GTAOE spammer, the 50 rejuv cleric made for PVE, and we can have fun. And people who try to have fun, explore the game, try out various stuff, try to do their research, learn about stuff, try out ideas, and think about new ways of doing things tend to know more about the game, than people who just see RVR video, copy the setup and fight with same basic tactics. They don't want to learn. They want an opted template, and opted setup for maximal chance. Often they try to upgrade computers to reduce lag, go out with buffbots all the time, etc. And brag about beating people who has less of the opted stuff. Easy victories. See why I don't like it? But yes, if my friends (including rvr friends) find a setup with a place for my chars, and we get RRs with each other, in same group, that is a different story, and not a problem :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
One who gets offense when certain basic controls are mentioned surely knows it well. You say not all fg vs fg people. Most people who fight in an fg aren't the dedicated fg vs fg people who think nothing about the game but fg fights in frontier. They are players who want to have fun. The ego boosting people, who can't imagine anything else, and get frustrated if they have to actually play the game are the people I am talking about. :)

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
You cant blame me about that, we tried to lure you a lot out during our times in Immortal alliance :D

Hehe =D no Cookies no Dimse =D Hope your doing well Beebee =D :cheers:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Esselinithia said:
That's far from the truth actually. Quite a few of the fg people have one, or several lgm crafters, and they usually played the game from release, knowing the game just as well (if not better).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom