Forget the RR10s, the farmers and the opted rvr groups.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
The real heroes are the albions that stay behind after we have saved a keep and spend hours repairing them.

/kiss to Dying
/kiss to Arcader
/kiss to Thadius
/kiss to Hisownshadow
/kiss to Tinybot
/kiss to Bankmanager.

/rude to all the albs that cba to do a couple of wood runs to make things a lot quicker for the repairers.

/whine off.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Dont forget me and bank were repairing Renaris, which I remember correctly holds a relic....

Oh yea, spent 600+ gold too :(

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita: Many people were on ML raids (2 BG raids at the same time) you can expect people to drop from the raid just to go to repair? And better yet: Keep repair is important now, but is is important, when any crafter alt asks to be in groups? Yes, xp groups, and yes mostly same level. Or when they need help with high level quests? Imho, the keep and albion is as impiortant to repairers, as repairers are for albs. Feel free to run groups, where you invite crafters, convokers, etc. to level them, to make them able to act as repairers :) Till that, stop the whine.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Interestingly enough Essel it's not repairers we're short of. It's people feeding them wood. At a time when there was about 60 people in Hadrian's wall alone (yes, I counted) we got five people repairing.

Berkstead was saved at about 8pm. After the ML7 BG raid, while to my knowlege 2fg were on a ML5 raid. I've been at this for well over three hours now. Please allow someone who's done a fair bit for this realm a chance to rant.

Edit: And yes I am still repairing :(

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
How about the people that saved the keeps so you were actually able to repair them? ;x

Thadius

Part of the furniture
We were at Berkstead when they attacked and fought the treehuggers off

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I swear I'll stop knee jerking on this forum and think about my replies.

You mean people like me? I skipped the loot roll for ML7 to come defend.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
hmmmm I know what you mean but im not sure I agree with *eats a cookie while thinking* the way you put it. I have done my share of repairs and I dont think a /rude is a inspriring emote to get people to give more wood =D

But Yes Albion Givf wood or no more cookies for any of you.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but it suuuuure made me feel better ;)

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
I did about 4 runs for wood for myself to repair,but got fed up of running unbuffed arms for wood so decided to log cleric too,and run her instead,while taking wood off Thad and other convokers,however my router went to shit when I dual logged on tempory pc,both ld'ed and could'nt log back on,tried for like 15 mins then wifey shouted me for dinner.
Sorry Hun. :(
Imagine the look on my wifes face when she asked what was wrong over dinner and I said I needed to finish fixing the keep up :wij:

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I left ml7 lotto as well so i could go get farmed for the good of albion :p

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
so if ppl dont hold the same things important ingame as you they are of no concequence? =o

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Amanita said:
I swear I'll stop knee jerking on this forum and think about my replies.

You mean people like me? I skipped the loot roll for ML7 to come defend.
Or like me, I had been defending berks for quite a while aswell :<

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
not even a thx to me for spending 1 P on wood for ren the other day, and 1 P for da behn :/.. :cheers:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Or like me, I had been defending berks for quite a while aswell :<

Aye, saw you charging into a room full of Hibs and shrooms from the safety of the top of Berkstead :>

They really need to stop archers being able to shoot when they jump up and down

Darkslag kept doing it and noone could touch him

Lame tbh

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Aye, saw you charging into a room full of Hibs and shrooms from the safety of the top of Berkstead :>
FOR ARTHUR! :D

Bankmanager

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe we can make something constructive from this thread. Take the case of Renaris in particular - it was good to see everyone come see off the attackers. After the enemy were defeated, the port to sauvage was open and it would have been very useful if everyone ported to sauvage, got some wood and dropped it off to the repairers before going on to the next fight. Ironwood costs about 7g per 100 boards so getting an armfull won't break the bank for most people. There's nothing more disheartening than to have a big repair job and only 2 or 3 people helping, so let's think about the apres-fight party in future :D

:cheers: to those who come to defend and :cheers: to those who clear up afterwards....

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Eras was fixed till 85% today. After that I decided to check Renaris, it was a bit damaged (84%) and fixed.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The groups I play with stop roaming to defend keeps and relics and if there is no one else we repair gates and destroy siege.

E.g. we were the first group to go into the Renaris 2 tower on today's first RR attemp and I'm quite sure if the group wouldn't be somehow opted we wouldn't have made it on the roof of the tower with Hibs claming it. We killed 1,5 FG of Hibs while they got ported to the roof and weakened them a lot and enabled the unopted Alb zerg to go into the tower way faster than it would be the usual case with Hibs shrooming the shit out of the tower.

I personally stop whenever someone says that would is needed and summon it.

The Alb zerg can try to make reasonable groups and not try to solo towers and defence works better, less damage is done to keeps/towers, less wood and gold needed.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

did very well last night rvr:)
i personally liked OMG BOOOMB by Evitas grp:p pwning maybe 2fg? :flame:
but evryone was out there:) i saw UP/knights of throne, rigante, evitas crew, rising force, and many other grps out there defending whenever the little bastard tree huggers kept trying on ren and bold:p and also dont forget the mids! were lots of them too:)
good job guys

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Bankmanager said:
Maybe we can make something constructive from this thread. Take the case of Renaris in particular - it was good to see everyone come see off the attackers. After the enemy were defeated, the port to sauvage was open and it would have been very useful if everyone ported to sauvage, got some wood and dropped it off to the repairers before going on to the next fight. Ironwood costs about 7g per 100 boards so getting an armfull won't break the bank for most people. There's nothing more disheartening than to have a big repair job and only 2 or 3 people helping, so let's think about the apres-fight party in future :D

:cheers: to those who come to defend and :cheers: to those who clear up afterwards....
Very well put mate,I think it comes down to same old problem that when people have'nt got crafters fixing walls they are totally unaware just how much is needed which is totally understandable.
I was using 8800 units of wood,roughly about a 1000 Boards,mixed up of duskwood/ironwood/Convokers gear just to make 1 repair,which was a pain at Berks with no portal.
Personally I say forget mounts for next patch and give us a guild Scania Artic Lorry to carry it and a forklift truck instaed of mounts :D
But all in all I think we are doing a cracking job recently and very fast response times to defence /clap albs

Jjuraa

Banned
:D in way you could look at it in terms of the real world.

some people are out there playing football/rugby/tennis.
some people mow the grass after the match ;)

feel free to scream and yell, but isnt /repair unskilled labour? im pretty sure 1fg vs 1fg combat is more difficult that tapping a macro.

and if Tim Henman had lifted the Wimbledon Trophy this year, im damn sure the hero wouldnt have been the guys who pulled the plastic sheets off the grass in the morning :)

FYI i just found this thread funny so felt like replying since i cant get ingame atm. if you didnt want a contraversial reply you shouldnt have started a contraversial thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom