Music Foreign bands

mooSe_

FH is my second home
omg they make music in non english speaking countries now!?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
The big step for me was liking young gods, I don't like the french tbh. Nothing to do with GOA. It's more of a history point to me rather than the people themselves.

But yeah, in my country it's quite rare of people to speak of bands that are not English or English speaking and them liking them. They look at you rather weird shall we say...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Einstürzende Neubauten were ace back in the days. So innovative and unique.
indeed. saw them live a few times, quite awesome :)

i heard england has some pretty good music
sure, but that doesn't mean you have to restrict yourself :) currently I'm surfing the Canadian indie wave, but some of them make me want to punch people. Current fave bands (non canada I must add heh) are Blood Red Shoes and Fight Like Apes (especially the latter <3)
fun stuff there, but after two I'd had enough I must say, as with the young gods. perhaps I'm getting old :/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
saw them live in the small stage @ Paradiso, Amsterdam. suffice to say they were awesome! also, imo their bass player has the best hair evar :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
tbh I think most of the bands I listen to are not from britain, and probably over half are from non english speaking countries

edit: actually way over half

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
indeed. saw them live a few times, quite awesome :)

sure, but that doesn't mean you have to restrict yourself :) currently I'm surfing the Canadian indie wave, but some of them make me want to punch people. Current fave bands (non canada I must add heh) are Blood Red Shoes and Fight Like Apes (especially the latter <3)

fun stuff there, but after two I'd had enough I must say, as with the young gods. perhaps I'm getting old :/

The thing I realised with the goth scene is that it is taking itself too seriously - it has become what it wanted, a market. Sure, I liked the image, I liked the sullen shit but what I realised most is that it is purely taking the piss for what ever reason in its songs. You wanna take it seriously and live a pretentious life style based on what was media savvy then you are no more than a sullen chav (not you tdc). Bandwagons etc. Look at the lyrics and know they are taking the piss. It's drama on stage, it's everything you could want from a play but in music. It looks very impressive. It is, and I was one of those people way back when it started that for me that it was my life. I didn't see what I saw above till only this year and that was long after being in that fad shall we speak. I write that stuff now. I write other stuff but wth, enjoy your music :) This thread was mainly to enlighten rather than say English or music as a whole is shit. I listened to John Peel every week when I was 15 and some of the stuff i liked and some other stuff I didn't. But with Goth music, I see the humour now where as I didn't before :)

Just got Tom Waits' new album - awesome as ever. No nonsense stuff there, it is what it is :) There are only a few doods left on the planet, and he's one of them :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Finland has some decent music and bands IMO.

Apocalyptica
Nightwish
HIM
Sinergy
Sonata Arctica

I like the sound of Finnish guitars. :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Finland has some decent music and bands IMO.

Apocalyptica
Nightwish
HIM
Sinergy
Sonata Arctica

I like the sound of Finnish guitars. :)

sonata arctica!!11

also:
ghost brigade
children of bodom
kalmah
norther
insomnium
enisferum
wintersun
moonsorrow
celesty
korpiklaani
fintroll
tracedawn
impaled nazarene
beherit
shape of dispair
swallow the sun

wow i didn't realise there were so many until i made that list
imo finland is one of the top metal countries now, only beaten by sweden and norway and maybe USA

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yeah but this thread was about [MUSIC].
:lol:

(...just kidding :))

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Okay, here goes...

Apocalyptica - strings with metal is INSPIRED!
YouTube- Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King (Rock In Rio 2008)

Nightwish - one of my all-time favourites.
YouTube- Nightwish Nemo Official Music Video (+Lyrics:)

HIM - interesting logo (heartagram)
YouTube- HIM wings of a butterfly (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)

Sinergy - does a hell of an Abba cover
YouTube- Sinergy-Gimme Gimme Gimme(Abba cover)

Sonata Arctica - cold winters must be good for their creativity
YouTube- SONATA ARCTICA - Flag In The Ground

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I've never really got into apocalyptica, they've been at 2 music festivals that I've been at, but I haven't bothered to watch them because I'm just not into them.
Also, I don't really like the new nightwish singer as much as the old one.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
imo finland is one of the top metal countries now, only beaten by sweden and norway and maybe USA

Except that in finland you get the metal bars and metal culture which the swedes try to hide and the yanks are too repressed for :p

Norway is like our brother though, never had anything bad to say.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Except that in finland you get the metal bars and metal culture which the swedes try to hide and the yanks are too repressed for :p

Norway is like our brother though, never had anything bad to say.

yeah I couldn't comment on that as I've never been, I was just going on the the quality/quantity of bands that I like

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom