Forced Servers in World of Warcraft!

Anubz

Fledgling Freddie
Restrict IP's??

Seems a bit much tbh.. I think they are just going to do what DAoC does and release USA version and a EU version in the most common lanuages.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Boogyman said:
Cuz of balance. If they launch spanish server - there`ll be only paladins with 2h swords... and no horde players at all..
ROFL :clap:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Revz said:
There are two main problems with this:

1. The US (and Korean?!) releases are going to be before the EU one. A lot of people want to play the game as soon as it comes out having become thoroughly tired of playing DAoC months behind the US. The situation is a lot better with WoW (global patching etc.) but it still means that the EU servers will be months behind the US ones. This is especially relevant when you consider the spoiling of (currently secret) raid content and each server competing to finish the Dark Portal quests that will unlock a new area of the game. It might not be important to some people but the competition in achievements (be it from levelling the fastest, getting the most points in PvP, completing the hardest zones/quests/mobs first etc.) is what a lot of people thrive on in these games and to be denied a level playing field from the beginning is irritating to say the least.
  2. A lot of people have ties to guilds with people from all over the world (in particular the UK, US and Australia since they all speak English). Forcing these people to split up over servers and only allowing them the chance to move back together months after the game has been released is not really very clever.

yes it is :), people will want 2 play WoW asap, so they will buy a euro copy, 3 months later they wanna play with there old friends again, so they buy a US copy, 2 copys bought, over 1 game :) im gunna make a gnome thingy, the tiny things, they look amazing :D

sauced

Fledgling Freddie
Europeans wont be able to play the same time as the yanks. Thats the biggest problem i think, will prolly be several months before we can play. then when the europe version of the game gets out then people will start playing and by the time the euro peeps can join their friends, they will be max lvl. A bad idea if you ask me.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
the main problem i see is that a delayed release in Europe will effectively ruin the game for me -

like Trials of Atlantis, i didn't care about having to find out certain things or experiment - or farm remote locations to see if a certain scroll dropped

i just looked it up on the web - was much easier and saved me time and i am sure that many peopel will do the same with wow - if they get lost just go to allakhazam or something a read a walkthrough - or at least the peopel who do this will gain an advantage in europe over the peopel who dont

i myself am hoping they will allow access to the US servers from England - and tbh i dont see why they dont just give us our server at the same time as the US, it might piss off the germans/french but surely it makes more sense financially.

if enough people from europe play on a particular US server the time problem wouldnt be much of a difference, i think many people from England play Daoc on the USA.

and also if blizzard do anything like Mythic, than peopel in europe will not have any say on the future direction of the game (like daoc) we will just have to put up with the crap fed to us based on purely american players.

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Boogyman said:
Cuz of balance. If they launch spanish server - there`ll be only paladins with 2h swords... and no horde players at all..

The US is the same though - every bloody stresstest paladin was a 2hander who replied "huh?" when asked to heal :wub:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Fedaykin said:
and also if blizzard do anything like Mythic, than peopel in europe will not have any say on the future direction of the game (like daoc) we will just have to put up with the crap fed to us based on purely american players.
Agree with the guide stuff, but there's always the option not to have a look :) (as hard as it might be :p)

However, the difference between Daoc and WoW is that Daoc is licensed to Goa for use here in Europe, whereas Euro-WoW is still Blizzard, and thus one would think that the communication between Europe and the developers is much better..

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
Revz said:
[*]A lot of people have ties to guilds with people from all over the world (in particular the UK, US and Australia since they all speak English).
[/list]

Right, I forgot that noone in europe but the brits can speak english.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Fedaykin said:
the main problem i see is that a delayed release in Europe will effectively ruin the game for me -

like Trials of Atlantis, i didn't care about having to find out certain things or experiment - or farm remote locations to see if a certain scroll dropped

i just looked it up on the web - was much easier and saved me time and i am sure that many peopel will do the same with wow - if they get lost just go to allakhazam or something a read a walkthrough - or at least the peopel who do this will gain an advantage in europe over the peopel who dont

i myself am hoping they will allow access to the US servers from England - and tbh i dont see why they dont just give us our server at the same time as the US, it might piss off the germans/french but surely it makes more sense financially.

if enough people from europe play on a particular US server the time problem wouldnt be much of a difference, i think many people from England play Daoc on the USA.

Blizzard is going to release patches worldwide. No more waiting like with Mythic -> GOA.
When WoW Europe is released we will be at the same patch level as the US

Agrophel

Fledgling Freddie
I’ve been bringing your concerns to the staff, and I do have a clarification regarding one the concerns brought up. Players located in North America will be able to choose between the USWest and USEast servers, though we’ll recommend you choose the location closest to you.

Also, I just want to make sure it’s clear that while we believe European players will have a significantly better experience playing on local European servers, we understand that some European players will still want to play on US servers. For these individuals, we will provide a specific solution following the European release.

I know that there are still some open questions from this thread, but I’m afraid that that’s all the information I have at this time. However, I will continue to pursue this subject internally and will let you know as soon as I have more information. Thanks in advance for your patience while I look into this further. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Caydiem -
Assistant Community Manager, WoW

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=304183&P=1

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Any particular reason these threads continue to be in DAoC>General Discussion?????

Was the above post just a copy and paste from the WoW community manager, or posted by the actual community manager? either way didn't he get the wrong board?

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
you shuld play warcraft 3 online with AMM (anomanous matchmaking) u start of with saying..

me: Hi
other guy: hi
me: gl hf
other guy: same
me : were from
other guy: Germany.

like its a european server yet 50%+ of people are german, its rediculous.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
you shuld play warcraft 3 online with AMM (anomanous matchmaking) u start of with saying..

Damn is it too hard to use your brain to figure out it will be as for Excalibur or Prydwen ? Is there 50%+ of german ppl on Excalibur or Prydwen ? No because there are german servers. It will be the same for WoW. You don't need to be Einstein to figure out that alone.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:

Aye, thats why i mostly play on USeast, about 5% on europe on battlenet are bloody English.

But with daoc, it be the Spanish not the Germans.
I have no problems playing with other people from Europe, but when you are on a English server, and half the people you meet don't talk English is bloody annoying.

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Sounds kind of annoying, I usually jump into MMORPG's 'raw' anyway. But I atleast like to think if I had any friends i'd be able to go to the same server as them :D

awww i'll be your friend :cheers:

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC:ToA got ruined for me coz of the walk-throughs, I'm not gonna use any in WoW as it will be more fun like DAoC was in the beginning :drink:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
friendly bump from a bored dane :/

so... according to all of the nifty info we've gotten... Will I as a hungry WoW awaiter be able to play on the US servers? :< if not i might as well move to US :< (i want to play it when the release hits US, not when the it hits EU to play on the US :p)

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
Huntingtons said:
Will I as a hungry WoW awaiter be able to play on the US servers?

Yep, you just need a US billing address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom