For the Love of Holy Jebus....

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Is there an easy and obvious way to convert word files into jpg?

Doing my fucking head in now, loads of apparently *free* online places but they either don't work or are after money.

Helpz0rs!

:(

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Print screen then save as in paint?

Why would you want to? I've heard of saving word files as pdfs, but jpegs?

Trem

I'm doing covers for the dvd I do for my sons nursery, now if I can get the word version of the cover into a jpg I can use cover printing software so I don't have to fanny about with the sizes and stuff.

I tried the print screen approach but the quality was a bit shitty.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Cheap scanner, print them out and scan them back in would be a simple way of doing it I suppose.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Image editing software allows text input, either typing in or cut and paste. Photoshop would do it easily.

If you don't have this stuff then e-mail it to me and I'll do it for you.

RB

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
What software are you using for the covers ?

Nero's label and cover designer will let you insert text and images, and I'm sure other similar packages will do the same.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Paintshop Pro. I'm sure you could find a copy somewhere...

Trem

I have Paintshop but it won't open word docs. I am using Cover XP to open the covers, that auto resizes them including the spine writing and gives a nice outline to cut around.

Thanks for the help luvs I have sorted my problem by printing off the covers from word then going and getting a beer and leaving Samm to cut them to the right size :D

I do go through this every year though so I will have a mess about with some of your suggestions.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It won't open word docs but if you set the word doc to view full page then you can screen grab it, or if you want a larger image grab it in sections and stitch them together.

Trem

Tried that one Nath and it seemed to convert the doc but just saved it as a blank page, absolute fucker to install as well, if you don't do it in the right order like me that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom