For the love of God...

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously, I'm not mod baiting here, but what on earth is wrong with me having a bit of fun with Egor? I really don't get it. Its not causing any major hassles, *some* people seem to find it amusing and err...it is harmless compared to some of the other threads out there, especially on the RvR forums.

I don't want this to turn into another 'the mods are teh 4th reich' flame fest but I would like to understand why Egor is causing such a problem. I'd also prefer to keep this out of PMs because, well, I don't like using them and I think that the rest of the eOT community would like to know the answer to this as well.

Oh, and could I have a rational well thought out response instead of your usual glib remarks followed by a lock? Would be nice to get some 'closure' on this. ;)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Seconded.

I honestly don't believe all these locked threads have been mod baits. Or all the fao threads should be pm's, because it's obviously for others to see when they post them in open forum.
It's kindof like you give a kid a toy and when he plays with it the way you don't like ...you take it off him and throw it out the window :( /cry!

I see some threads get closed and I'm like "WTF!" ... I just don't get the reasoning...like mods have a different idea of fun or some such. No one else is here so.... what's the harm in posting threads about peeps that post here...or the like. I just don't get it...who is getting hurt by this? There's hardly any threads being made anyway, compared to BW that is.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
<SLAP> Shut up, you skank! I do what I want! WHATEVAH!!

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Sissyfoo said:
I'd also prefer to keep this out of PMs because, well, I don't like using them and I think that the rest of the eOT community would like to know the answer to this as well.
I personally couldnt care less, and with so many banned I'm like 20% of eOT ;) I think its more the fact that they were nice to you, letting you use it whilst you were banned, now you could appear to be flaunting that priveledge.
Ala said:
It's kindof like you give a kid a toy and when he plays with it the way you don't like ...you take it off him and throw it out the window :( /cry!
That analogy works against you, if you give a kid a toy sword and he starts beating some other kid with it, of course you take it away from him.
Ala said:
No one else is here so.... what's the harm in posting threads about peeps that post here...or the like. I just don't get it...who is getting hurt by this? There's hardly any threads being made anyway
Or you could say:
"No one else is here so... whats the ponit of the forum existing if a closed group of people are going to use it for stupid and frequently offensive chatter/arguements ...or the like. I just don't get it... whats the point of the mods letting us keep using this when clearly all we are doing is causing problems and being totally ungrateful? There's hardly any decent threads being made anyway."
Ala said:
compared to BW that is.
This isnt, and never will be BW.

Basically, I agree that the modding is inconsistent, but the modding we have here when we have uproar is basically the modding that we should have all the time. So we should just be grateful that sometimes we do get away with having spam threads, not complaining when we dont. Im quite surprised (and of course pleased) that this sub-forum still exists tbh. Lets not try to give as many reasons as possible to get it removed, ok? :p

For the record, Damini and brinx (especially brinx) didnt really let us get away with much more than we do here. So stop laying into Ziva and Sharma, they are only human* after all.

*We still arent too sure about sharmas 'origins' tbh :eek6:

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Fuck, thats a lot of writing.

If only I put that kind of effort into productive work... :(

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
You honestly expect a sensible respond? :p

Sharma seems to shut threads sooner then they're created :D

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Just a bit of a laugh aint it? :(

I like Egor, don't make him leave :(

Ziva

Fluffy
Ok, i'm gonna try to give a decent answer to this one. I will no doubt get flamed for it but since Sissy managed to ask it normally (unlike some others you know who you are) i'm gonna try anyway :)

At the moment this forum is beeing moderated heavily. Reason why is simple, most of its users (note: not all) somehow don't manage to understand the CoC, seem to enjoy seeing how far they can go before getting banned or complety screw up topics by flaming, using swear language and whatelse more.

If we look at the Egor topic, i read it, saw no problems with it and deceided to leave it open. Then some people start flaming eachother for fun and yay... another topic screwed and ending up in needless spamming which (quote from CC) is evil because it clogs up our forum with needless messages and eats away at the bandwidth we use to download pr0n. Spam and you will burn in hell, probably get banned or, at the very least, have your post count edited.

And thats how many topics are atm. Funny topics end up in flaming/spamming and are closed because of that. Then users "demand" explanations from mods and refuse to use the PM function cause if you bait a mod.... you better do it in public ofc :), these topics end up in mod baiting since a mod can never be right simply cause he has this evil mod title. And some people seem to get so worked up that they violate the CC heavily, ignore warnings that they received and end up beeing banned for it.

I would love to see this change since (this might come as a shock to some :D) i personally don't like closing/deleting topics and i simply hate banning people. But as long as some people continue to act like they do, it won't change. A forum doesn't need much moderating if an occasional post is bad but this is like a circle. All it will really lead to is more closed/deleted topics, more banned users and overall less fun on this forum. I'm sure that's not what you want and it certainly is not what i'm aiming for but as long as people keep making the same posts/flames/spam it will happen.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
so ziva basically its ok for sissyfoo to use Egor to have some fun? As you allowed the thread to stay open in the beginning atleast :).

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
tbh the way you guys are modding eOT at the moment you might aswell close the damn thing and get it over with

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
In other words all the funny threads will be locked, and you won't change anything in the current policy.

Eot = dead :(

Ziva

Fluffy
Driwen said:
so ziva basically its ok for sissyfoo to use Egor to have some fun? As you allowed the thread to stay open in the beginning atleast :).
Offcourse it is ok to have fun and if Sissy wants to use Egor for it why not? As long as the topics aren't violating the CoC (i.e. contain spam, flaming, swear/strong words, racist stuff etc.) i don't care who posts it.

Vodkafairy said:
In other words nothing is going to change and all the funny threads will be locked, and you won't change anything in the current policy.

Eot = dead :(
That's up to the community really. I'll be happy to moderatie less strict on these forums but if you keep making the same posts as i mentioned above then nothing is gonna change and topics will still be closed/deleted and more people might be banned.:(

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Ziva said:
Offcourse it is ok to have fun and if Sissy wants to use Egor for it why not? As long as the topics aren't violating the CoC (i.e. contain spam, flaming, swear/strong words, racist stuff etc.) i don't care who posts it.

/em loosing mind

could have sworn egors last thread was closed with sharmas as last post saying sissy shouldnt use egor anymore :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ziva said:
That's up to the community really. I'll be happy to moderatie less strict on these forums but if you keep making the same posts as i mentioned above then nothing is gonna change and topics will still be closed/deleted and more people might be banned.:(

like i said, nothing's going to change

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
:kissit: <--- distracts BI with another ass to kiss! :p

Thanks for the reply Ziva! :) I don't really have a problem with some of the topics that have been closed because they were getting a bit tedious but I was a bit pissed that my Egor thread had been closed and I was asked not to use it.

...now I shall continue to use it when I'm in the mood! Hurrah! :D

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont need to kiss any arses, everyone loves me anyway :p

Also I wasnt disagreeing with you anyway, I couldnt care less about Egor. Just so lnog as everyone knows its you (which they do). Its just the kind of attitude like VFs, where he actually expects the CoC to be changed so that this forum is more fun... :p

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh...the beauty of surrounding one's self with sycophants! :D

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
~takes away BI's drum kit~

That was really, really, REALLY bad! :eek:

...really bad!!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I see the weird spaming squad is still alive... how rare. Don't you guys get tired ranting over a forum ?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
You'd think so after all this time, wouldn't you? :p

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Spam is against the COC?
This is bad tidings indeed. I certainly dont want to be against a COC, not even brushing past one would be acceptable! :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom