For The Castors of All Realms

L

lac_desariel

I spoken to many Albion Casters, and was wondering how others felt... RA is the question

Passives.. how far is viable for things like MOM WP MOTA? is serenity worth it for RVR?

VP as a wizard i got it but i fails to fire ... not always but normal everyday bug for daoc.. Some say it can bring a battle in to favor but is it worth 14? from enemy point of veiw?

atm I sit at 7L9 with acurity 3, MCL2 MOC VP Purge WP2 MOM2 MOTA2

would you be different and why?

all for discutions plz :D

O

old.Wildfire

VP has always been bugged, if I remember rightly it often won't fire if you're strafing and running forwards at the same time (ie pressing two keys already when you hit the VP button)

V

vintervargen

VP from me as a druid/bard point of view - good for interrupt before mez, but as dmg,, hmm not really imo.

T

Thyron

Basically as alb caster you dont need RP as much as hib casters.. With baseline nuke without specfocus bonus, you go oop soo fast.
But above that i would probably get aug dex 2 on top of that.. so you get mota4~. Maybe some more wp, but you got the essentials pretty much :) a little toughness could work too, those extra hp saved me lots of times..

G

ghaladriel

Hmmm i never had a problem with VP and i am the 1º of alb/exc that got it xD, what is that bug? :mad:

R

Riddler

get aug dex2 as someone suggested, then maybe aug con 1 and toughness 2 ..the extra hp DO help :>

L

lac_desariel

Im thinking defo MOTA 3 MOM3 WP3 as min but what i wanna know is how far is to far for the points?

RP yes i think its that or concetration (2nd QC) i go OOP fast as ice wiz.

I have used many times VP as extra pbae instant and makes great for soloing SB.. and tbh If its 1 or 2 SB i come out alive 85 % of the time ALL ra up ofc but would the 14 points be better on say MOM4 or 5? or serenity 1 2 and 3?

T

Tyka

mom4 wp3 .. oooo

mota above 2 is a waste btw.

get mom3 wp3 vp, mcl, purge, moc, the rest just add small ones to help you etc..

P

pitspawn

Ahaha funny you should bring this up, ive been really struggling whether to go actives or passive myself. Actives are nice but so godamn expensive and not really worth it (as fire anyway, ice is another issue) ...

(As a wizard)

VP ... Expensive, but really nice that its on a 15 minute timer. Hard to know when to use in pickup groups, although with wiz group works nicely.

Purge ... If the point cost was halved OR the timer was halved to 15 minutes for non tank classes this would be worth it. I always found purge got me killed because purging mezz would make you even more of a target then you already are. Purge is a must for an ice wizard though...

MoC ... Expensive again, but real nice and a must for any ice wizard. As a fire wizard ive had varying thoughts about using this because wizard dont get any sort of lifetaps (Cabba/sorc with moc rock)

RP ... Again pretty nice but the MCL2 prequisite is a royal pita imo. I find myself using pots more than MCL because it doesnt have that poxy long combat timer.

As it stands i have on my fire wizard...

MCL1, AA3, AD1, MotA2, MoM2, WP2, AoM1, TN1

As it stands im probably going to get in order something like

AD2 > AoM2 > MoM3 > MotA3 > Purge?

Its such a shame, one of my favourite abilities on my wizard is AoM. Coupled with decent body resist buffs I wont spend a year in mezz which is nice. But after patch 1.65 AoM becomes almost useless and everyones resists after buffs will fall significantly, meaning long long mezzes for non det classes :(

Edit: Yeah, ive had thoughts about speccing serenity too but would definately not take it higher than L2. I carry power regen pots on me all the time so I get +3/tick pow if our group doesnt have a sorc. Just a note, L2 serenity can be a really good choice as most sorc have yellow pot (+4/tick) so +4 from pot and +2 from serenity hits the cap of +6/tick.

All i know is that i love my current spec to bits. There is no 'better' choice, just go with what you prefer. Through experimenting with different setups i found my current spec to be nice. You will have a lot easier time getting a nice spec with all the points you have from high RR. Mabye someday i will have that many RA levels to play about with too ;)

G

Garbannoch Nox

well RP is one of the most important RAs for pbaoe casters imo - especially when you moc the mana consumption is extreme and you will go oom even if you use pots (mcl2 is also nice ofc but sometimes not usable at all during a fight if you get interrupted)

most important passives are probably wp and mota (for a pbaoe caster again)

in general for casters i would say active RAs > passives

my final spec at 10l10 is:

actives:
moc
mcl2
rp
purge
passives:
acuity 3
dex 2
con 1
toughness 1
aom 1
wp 3
mom 3
mota 3
wa 3

for mages no RA is worth getting beyond lvl 3; eld special RA is unfortunately crap (or rather too expensive for what it does) - i tried it a couple of weeks but specced out of it again. The passives i would sacrifice first if eld special RA ever gets improved would be mom 3 and wa 3

A

adari

Originally posted by lac_desariel
I spoken to many Albion Casters, and was wondering how others felt... RA is the question

Passives.. how far is viable for things like MOM WP MOTA? is serenity worth it for RVR?

VP as a wizard i got it but i fails to fire ... not always but normal everyday bug for daoc.. Some say it can bring a battle in to favor but is it worth 14? from enemy point of veiw?

atm I sit at 7L9 with acurity 3, MCL2 MOC VP Purge WP2 MOM2 MOTA2

would you be different and why?

all for discutions plz :D

:ROFLMAO:

O

old.Zoyster

My RA's are :

MOM 3, MOTA 3, WP 3, MCL 2, AOM 1, MOC, aug thingie 3, seren 2, cons 1, dex 1, toughness 1 and VP.

When I get 1 more RA, gonna lose cons, tough, serenity and get RP :D

L

lac_desariel

my final spec at 10l10 is:

actives:
moc
mcl2
rp
purge
passives:
acuity 3
dex 2
con 1
toughness 1
aom 1
wp 3
mom 3
mota 3
wa 3

for mages no RA is worth getting beyond lvl 3; eld special RA is unfortunately crap (or rather too expensive for what it does) - i tried it a couple of weeks but specced out of it again. The passives i would sacrifice first if eld special RA ever gets improved would be mom 3 and wa 3 [/B]

WA being Wild Arcania? Crit to dots and debuffs? why can i ask? i assume its to do with eldric utility?

G

Garbannoch Nox

Originally posted by lac_desariel
WA being Wild Arcania? Crit to dots and debuffs? why can i ask? i assume its to do with eldric utility?

aoe disease
aoe str/con debuff
single str debuff
single dex/qui debuff
single dex debuff
snare component of the snare dd
snare component of the aoe snare dd

...all affected by wild arcana (aoe str/con debuff and aoe disease are the most important ofc)

L

lac_desariel

Dont need that ;p no utility other than snare dd

G

ghaladriel

hmmm AoE/snare for snare crits? hmm dunno xD

A

ab_fluid

i would say RP is like the 3rd most important RA on a pbaoe caster after MoC + MCL 2, its piss annoying going oom mid-moc. Instead of going MOTA 3 so early, take dex to level 2, it will get a better bonus for less points spent :)

G

Garbannoch Nox

Originally posted by pitspawn
You can crit for stat debuffs? :puke:

you can even crit for up to 99% unlike dd spells (49% max)
so a nice crit on str/con debuff is quite devastating

L

lac_desariel

a crit on a snare is like a root, ive done it in a duel.. but i dont use the snare dd much unless its called on for any reason

P

piggeman

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox
I was thinking of WA on my eld on prydwen. But im still very low RR so i havn't got it yet. I was wondering how it look when u crit? Is it like when u crit with a weapon, or how does it go? Do u have a SS of it? :)

D

duact

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox

belive me garbas debuffs are soooo gey 2k :)

N

noaim

Originally posted by piggeman
I was thinking of WA on my eld on prydwen. But im still very low RR so i havn't got it yet. I was wondering how it look when u crit? Is it like when u crit with a weapon, or how does it go? Do u have a SS of it? :)

Your spell critical hits for an additional X points in orange text by default.

W

walkerb

actives>passives imo
moc purge vp rp then get the passives

L

lac_desariel

Originally posted by etcetra
Whos rr10L10? =p

I dont understand your point sorry.....

as for what i posted.. Eld have a lot of debuffs and utility to warrent WA where as the Ice Wizard does not, only the DD snare will be affectet so why spend points in it?

maybe you can explain you coment cos mind baffels

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom