For Goa/mythic

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
So...

Why is /level 50 evul? :)

It has been spelled out many times. Im very glad that it was removed from the new servers aswell. The whole point of an RPG is developing your character and playing your role. You have to work for your reward if everyone got a certain thing for free then it would be worthless. If everyone was given a million dollars at birth then 1 million dollars would be worthless. When you earn something the satisfaction is immensely greater than if it got given to you. And dont say if you want the satisfaction dont use it... There is no satisfaction working towards something you can get for free, only working towards something that isnt instantly obtainable. Go play on a freeshard if that is what you want gimp.

You are a moron if you think /level 50 would be good for the game.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
It has been spelled out many times. Im very glad that it was removed from the new servers aswell. The whole point of an RPG is developing your character and playing your role. You have to work for your reward if everyone got a certain thing for free then it would be worthless. If everyone was given a million dollars at birth then 1 million dollars would be worthless. When you earn something the satisfaction is immensely greater than if it got given to you. And dont say if you want the satisfaction dont use it... There is no satisfaction working towards something you can get for free, only working towards something that isnt instantly obtainable. Go play on a freeshard if that is what you want gimp.

You are a moron if you think /level 50 would be good for the game.
hear hear!

though, imo, mythic may simplify the arti's a bit, and the masterlevels, cos the challenge is a bit too much at the moment :D

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
So...

Why is /level 50 evul? :)
Ever had a level 48 sorc in your group who was powerlevelled all the way there and didn't even know what spells did what?

That's why /level 50 is evul.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
My names Dave :( Well David!
Think most people know somebody called Dave. :p

Hmm, I don't agree with it tbh, you can get PL'd to 45+ in a day, I like the charactor progression tbh, I have PL'd chars in the past, but I'd rather level them normaly tbh as I meet different people, chat to em, group up, make some new friends in game.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
You are a moron if you think /level 50 would be good for the game

Oh shut it. Such a helpful comment.

I didn't say it would be good for the game I just can't see how it would be bad. It wouldn't change a great deal. Especially if you go with a tiered system whereby only someone with 4+ 50s on his account would get /level 50.

Even then there's nothing to say you must use a /level command, there's nothing to say you must be PL'd.

The option for you to level from 1-50 is there, all the way for you if you so choose. A few people I know have gone from 1-50 even though they have access to the /level command.

It's a personal choice amd if a /level 50 command was added for people with multiple 50s on their account, it wouldn't change the way the game works at all.

I also don't think that people who've been PL'd don't know what they're doing, or at least that it remains that way for long. Most all of us can get to grips with a character of a different class, even in a different realm, within ten minutes. For example, I can (and have) rolled a Sorcerer, used /level and within one task dungeon I know what I'm doing. The leaning curve might be a bit steeper if this was 50 but I'm sure people could work it out sharpish.

I just don't agree and no one seems to be able to offer me any reason why I'm wrong cept for the usual ones, which as I just said remain entirely up to the individual.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
However, that guy had two level 50s, but both were tanks. He had no real idea how to play a caster. All he knew was that if he's low on power he had to sit down, keep his bladeturn up, and lifetap the badguys. Confuse? Amnesia? PoM? What was that? We spend half an hour trying to explain it, and eventually just gave up and did everything the hard way.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
I just don't agree and no one seems to be able to offer me any reason why I'm wrong cept for the usual ones, which as I just said remain entirely up to the individual.

Care to read my post again?

Quoted:

'There is no satisfaction working towards something you can get for free, only working towards something that isnt instantly obtainable.'

By changing this dynamic you effect all the people who want to level form scratch. Again I ask what satisfaction do you get from working towards something you or others can get for free with no effort?

RS|Phil said:
I didn't say it would be good for the game I just can't see how it would be bad. It wouldn't change a great deal.

Okay now you think your idea wouldnt be good for the game? What is the point of it then? Pretty weak justification for changing it when I have just showed you how it effects people who do not want to use it.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
hear hear!

though, imo, mythic may simplify the arti's a bit, and the masterlevels, cos the challenge is a bit too much at the moment :D

after the 1st toaed char its just a stupid grind with zero challenge

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
My first reaction to this was "oh no, not again...", but then I didnt read the opening thread as its so poorly done it gives me a headache. So I read the replies, and heres my little bit.

Firstly, PLing and /level or any shape killed the communities we had. I got to know so many nice people leveling who since /level came out I have lost touch with. /level is shite and should never have been implimented at all, it kills the sociable aspect of the game for new and old players alike, and means certain areas are empty for ever. What a waste.

I think that the worst thing tho is PLing, people getting to 50 without a flying clue how to play, it ranks up there with ebayers. Yes Im as guilty as most for doing it, but then again, I did play more than 8 toons to 20+ the old fashioned way and mainly solo, OK, so I am just as bad, but its a lesson I have learnt. There should be a significant penalty system for PLing, rather than decent XP gains, for example no XP is gained if you are less than 80% the level of the group leader, maybe then the old haunting spots would fill again.

Phil, we get the hint you hate PVE, well tough chumley warner, this game and all like it are based on PvE and PvP, if its pure PvP you want, as others say maybe an MMORPG isnt the right game for you. /level 50 negates the training needed to play a toon to its maximum, no matter how many 50s you already have. Then what about new players again, and dont tell me there aint any because thats bollocks, daily I see new sub 20's roaming around, and with no one from 20-50 about, their fooked completely.

/level 50 is probably the most selfish suggestion Ive seen in 3 1/2 years, counterstrike, UT, Quake await you.

I for one enjoy both media, leveling my toons on Alb/Pryd isnt all that bad, and does have its rewards.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Levelling is part of the game. /level 50 would reduce DAoC to the PvE aspect (and remove an entire column of the game), transforming it into a shooter type game. It might be fun for a week or two, but then it would certainly go down the drain. To an extend, /level 50 would be a squandering of the game.
Maybe it doesn´t seem obvious to some of you, but the general principle of "I need to work for something" and "I can´t have it all" is one very important factor of games. Playing Quake3 in godmode only is fun for a couple minutes, but will lead to boredom pretty soon because there´s nothing you need to work for and nothing to achieve.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Somewhere along the way here you're missing a large point. As I said, no one needs to use the /level command regardless of how far up the ladder it takes you. If you want to play the character from 1-50 that's up to you. And I still feel pretty sure that most people can get to grips with any toon, if they're experience in the game, within 15 mins anway. Maybe not perfectly but that comes with time just as much as anything else.

Basically, you're saying that the game should continue to force people that have done the grind to redo the grind over and over and , for example, over? And that's meant to be fun? OK I can appreciate that might be fun for some people - I can appreciate your point in a way you don't seem to be able to appreciate mine :)

Hell, I even like PvE when it's for example a good PoC group of level 45 folks. It's fast and chatty - you're mistaken when you say I hate PvE, I don't. I partake in a lot of PvE, most of it's epic level though. We normally hit the large scale PvE places twice a week and nine times out of ten I'm right in the middle of it... so no, I don't hate it.

I don't necessarily agree that you miss out on all the best gaming experience if you get PL'd either. The level 50 raids are a lot more entertaining imo.

I'm saying that /level 50 would be neither good nor bad for the game on a whole but would be good for certain people who want to make a new char but, and as I said, have been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I can't see it harming groups any either. I'm right in thinking that it is hard to find a group now, aye ? I often hear ppl upset that they're all soloing - so what difference would it make? Personally I love character development. I've played just about every MMORPG and loved all the character development, especially in UO and AC.

I juist can't see it doing any harm and I can see it being beneficial on a small scale.

That's my point really.

But who knows, maybe I'm just jaded and selfish .. but even then I don't think so as for me, there'd be zero benefit of having a level 50 command.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
RS|Phil said:
Somewhere along the way here you're missing a large point. As I said, no one needs to use the /level command regardless of how far up the ladder it takes you. If you want to play the character from 1-50 that's up to you. And I still feel pretty sure that most people can get to grips with any toon, if they're experience in the game, within 15 mins anway. Maybe not perfectly but that comes with time just as much as anything else.
Big fat bullshit
RS|Phil said:
Basically, you're saying that the game should continue to force people that have done the grind to redo the grind over and over and , for example, over? And that's meant to be fun? OK I can appreciate that might be fun for some people - I can appreciate your point in a way you don't seem to be able to appreciate mine :)
You are hearing but you ain't listening.
RS|Phil said:
Hell, I even like PvE when it's for example a good PoC group of level 45 folks. It's fast and chatty - you're mistaken when you say I hate PvE, I don't. I partake in a lot of PvE, most of it's epic level though. We normally hit the large scale PvE places twice a week and nine times out of ten I'm right in the middle of it... so no, I don't hate it.
Then you should say something like there needs to be a change to levelling, more like quest type way, or something else, dunno, cos it appears you hate the grind. So do I, so does everyone, but it's part of the development of the character. /Level 50 would completely ruin the game for newcomers, and for new players alike
RS|Phil said:
I don't necessarily agree that you miss out on all the best gaming experience if you get PL'd either. The level 50 raids are a lot more entertaining imo.
I loved Nisse's lair raids with fellow level 8 toons.. 'twas really cool. and besides, PL'ing should be made impossible aswell imo.
RS|Phil said:
I'm saying that /level 50 would be neither good nor bad for the game on a whole but would be good for certain people who want to make a new char but, and as I said, have been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
It would be bad. It infact would be the death of the game. Face it... noone's gonna level the old way when there's /level 50 around.
RS|Phil said:
I can't see it harming groups any either. I'm right in thinking that it is hard to find a group now, aye ? I often hear ppl upset that they're all soloing - so what difference would it make? Personally I love character development. I've played just about every MMORPG and loved all the character development, especially in UO and AC.

I juist can't see it doing any harm and I can see it being beneficial on a small scale.
look a bit closer.
RS|Phil said:
That's my point really.

But who knows, maybe I'm just jaded and selfish .. but even then I don't think so as for me, there'd be zero benefit of having a level 50 command.
It's a flawed point in so many ways.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I've said all I can say really. As interesting as this discussion was the simple fact is you've already made up your minds about /level and won't debate it beyond ramming the same points across over and over without any real diplomacy or analysis.

I was trying to make you look at it from a broad scale, not just how it would effect you personally. I failed, so no slight intended; that's fine. :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
/level 50 would not be used on a small scale. I have enough level 50s to churn out level 50 chars anywhere I'd want and it would be no fun to be honest.

Also, Everyone'd have a sorc, or animist, or theurgist, or whatever. It would hurt the game as a whole a lot more past the "No need to grind anymore, yay" part. It would wreck the balance due to people playing these chars for the first times and not knowing whether they really like it or not. Most people figure out around the level 30s whether or not this char is for them or not. With /level 50 that wont happen as you don't even get at level 30 in the first place.

/level 50 would also:
Kill Thidranki, Molvik, Leirvik
Kill whatever exp grouping there is now
Make the game even more impossible for completely new players
Stop a lot of low level mob farming (Think of the harpies around GoLM)
Unbalance Camlann due to people PLing their ways to 50 on a safe server, then /level 50 on Camlann. (It's selfish not to think of the PvP server, people DO play there.)
Make atleast half the zones of DAoC redundant as noone would bother going there to exp anymore. Might as well remove them from the game, put all the epic mobs right beside eachother with insta respawn, farm galore.
And probably a lot more bad stuff.

Good things /level 50 would cause:
People less upset over grinding.
People less complaining about the time PvE takes with TOA and all.
So, basically, make people complain less. :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
RS|Phil said:
I've said all I can say really. As interesting as this discussion was the simple fact is you've already made up your minds about /level and won't debate it beyond ramming the same points across over and over without any real diplomacy or analysis.
What's the difference between you and me here?
RS|Phil said:
I was trying to make you look at it from a broad scale, not just how it would effect you personally. I failed, so no slight intended; that's fine. :)
I have looked at it from a broad scale, and the impact on the game is just too big to make it justifyable for the other players who not have this ability.

yes you can "choose" to use the ability or not. but say 25% (highly unrealistic, 75% probably better guess) choose to use it.. then the possibilities of getting groups is reduced by 25%. that will make other people use it.. which will even more people use it untill everybody uses it because there are simply almost no groups to be found. now say you're a new person entering the game... do
/who all... 264 people
/who 50... 260 people.

would you pay those extra months? I know I wouldn't..

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:

Have you ever played on a freeshard or any other free /level 50 server? Please answer this question before continuing your argument...

Sure its fun for awhile maybe a week or two (like the test server at NF startup for example) but the main fault is you get very bored very fast as you never develop a relationship with your character. You could chop and change characters on a whim. You dont stick with your character through the tough times. You just roll another. Fun for awhile sure but ultimately very unsatisfying. Having a problem farming something? You and your mates roll 8 level 50 animists bam done ...

Didnt you used to play quite alot in the BG's??? These would also be instantly killed.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Lets look at from this angle then. My whole discussion is based on a tiered system so we'll go from there.

1 x 50 = /level 20
2 x 50 = /level 30
3 x 50 = /level 40
4 x 50 = /level 50

I ain't sure what the average is really but say most people who've been playing a year have 2 50s they play, which is quite realistic I reckon. (if they don't have bots - if they have a bot they won't be likely to group anway so that's a non-factor)

So, that means a large majority can level to 30 on creation. That's a better arrangement than /levelling to 20 (which is a given fact and will never go away). As someone said above, in the 30s you begin to get a much better idea of the way your class works and the way you want to play it - so that's one plus but not the main one.

Also, this large majority of people that can now /level 30 all roll something new and the people that are on their way to 50 from level 1 (new players) and are currently in their 30s suddenly find a big influx of new level 30+ people wanting groups. :D A good thing. Also look at the Battlegrounds that are currently deserted. A /level 30 command for people with 2 x 50s might even bring a resurgence of people wanting to battle it out in Caledonia. The new man's Thid? I can see it happening. Certainly it'd bolster the Molvik players, no messing.

See, there are some advantages people aren't considering.

That's all I'm saying.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Lets look at from this angle then. My whole discussion is based on a tiered system so we'll go from there.

1 x 50 = /level 20
2 x 50 = /level 30
3 x 50 = /level 40
4 x 50 = /level 50

I ain't sure what the average is really but say most people who've been playing a year have 2 50s they play, which is quite realistic I reckon. (if they don't have bots - if they have a bot they won't be likely to group anway so that's a non-factor)

So, that means a large majority can level to 30 on creation. That's a better arrangement than /levelling to 20 (which is a given fact and will never go away). As someone said above, in the 30s you begin to get a much better idea of the way your class works and the way you want to play it - so that's one plus but not the main one.

Also, this large majority of people that can now /level 30 all roll something new and the people that are on their way to 50 from level 1 (new players) and are currently in their 30s suddenly find a big influx of new level 30+ people wanting groups. :D A good thing. Also look at the Battlegrounds that are currently deserted. A /level 30 command for people with 2 x 50s might even bring a resurgence of people wanting to battle it out in Caledonia. The new man's Thid? I can see it happening. Certainly it'd bolster the Molvik players, no messing.

That's all I'm saying.

/level is not the right way to reduce the grind any more than taking away ToA is the right way to deal with the problems people have with that. If the 'grind' is so bad then look at ways to improve it rather than bypass it completely. As you said in a previous post, PvE can be fun. A full group of friends blitzing an adventure wing or committing genocide on your mobs of choice can be fun as you have good banter in the group and you hardly notice the time or the xp flowing past. I do agree though that mindlessly chaining the same mobs for hour after hour solo is boring and not really what I'd consider fun.

With that in mind then it seems to me that the way to fix it is to rejig the mechanics so that full groups are the best xp bar none. At the moment soloing/duoing with a bot will return the best xp/hour and it almost seems you are penalised for being sociable or wanting to play wityour friends. Change the dynamic back towards groups and PvE will be more fun for all and it won't favour older players at the expense of newbies - which any version of /level is bound to do.

/level 50 would ultimately drive players away from the game. As Ballard said, the relationship with your character is very important inthis kind of game. If you can instantly create new 50s you will feel no particular atttachment to them and won't be as likely to keep subscribing. Once you've had a go with everything in RvR what else is there to do? I know I probably wouldn't have kept on playing for more than a month or two if I didn't have such a investment in my characters. Games likethis rely on the attachemnt you have to keep you subscribing. It's why everything ultimately is a timesink in all MMos - increasing rewards over time = subs over time.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:

1 x 50 = /level 20
2 x 50 = /level 30
3 x 50 = /level 40
4 x 50 = /level 50

That's all I'm saying.

So have you played on a freeshard or another free level 50 server? Mate, alot of us have and we have seen how this works first hand.

- Quote:
than /levelling to 20 (which is a given fact and will never go away)

You might wanna rethink that, The new classic servers do not use nor will they ever use it. You also forget that /level 30 was implemented untill awhile back and then removed when everyone came to the conclusion it did more harm than good. What has changed now? Seriously I wouldnt be surprised given the success on no /level to see mythic think about removing /level 20 aswell.

- So what are new players gonna do now?? wait till level 30 to get groups?

- You still have no responded once to the fundamental fact that keeps on getting made about the effect /level 50 will have on the players relationship with their character.

Answer these questions satisfactorily and maybe you might be able to start swaying people.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
So have you played on a freeshard or another free level 50 server? Mate, alot of us have and we have seen how this works first hand.

- So what are new players gonna do now?? wait till level 30 to get groups?

- You still have no responded once to the fundamental fact that keeps on getting made about the effect /level 50 will have on the players relationship with their character.

Answer these questions satisfactorily and maybe you might be able to start swaying people.

Alright I'll answer your questions directly then, and get back on track.

Yeah, I played on a freeshard where you could /level 50 any character, started with a shed load of money and there was no ToA, no Vamps, Warlocks or Banshees. It was bizarre, and yes, it didn't hold my interest. There were a few nice things though, like being able to get an NPC to SC your armour and weapons and most/all things being available to buy.

Those things have no bearing in the proper game I know but they were just a few things that stuck in my head.

I agree, it didn't and couldn't have held my interest for long as, well, as you said its instant and there's no investment there. So yeah, I agree in part...however...

....that's not the case here. Again, I'm basing all of this on a tiered system, so not everyone and I reckon not even a majority of people would be bypassing to level 50, so there's still a good 20 or 10 levels for most people to get past to learn and fall in love with their character, and let's not forget those levels _are_ the longest ones to do. In point of fact I'd say 40-50 would take fully as long as 20-40 maybe even longer. That's easily long enough to learn your toon, and start to decide which way you want to go with him or even if you want to finish him off.

That's my response to the first and third questions.

As for the second one, about groups, well... to be honest no one can say for sure the effect it would have. But let's make an example..

Say Dan is level 22 and Jane is level 32. Both are new players and can't /level at all. Jack comes along with his 2 x 50 toons and /levels to 30, he's got no bot so he's lfg. Finds Jane at level 32. Great they join up and go XPing. Poor Dan has no group I know - however he's in a far easier bracket to XP anyway. It'll take him only about 1/3 the time to get to 30 as it would for him to get from 30-40, at best. So really, the player base is better off as the more tiresome and harder levels are gaining a greater number of players to play with. Once Dan hits 30, he's in the area for more people who are using /level to group with.

It's swings and roundabouts. The counterpoints you make are only really applicable if every man and his dog has /level 50 but they wouldn't. By making it so a minor % of people can /level to various stages would imo "spread the wealth", so to speak, and make it easier ..well not easier, but more likely for ALL levels of players to get a group, not just those in the 20-30 range.

I hope that makes sense. Bit of a long winded way to say but it made it simpler.

- Quote:
than /levelling to 20 (which is a given fact and will never go away)

You might wanna rethink that, The new classic servers do not use nor will they ever use it. You also forget that /level 30 was implemented untill awhile back and then removed when everyone came to the conclusion it did more harm than good. What has changed now? Seriously I wouldnt be surprised given the success on no /level to see mythic think about removing /level 20 aswell.

I know but that really doesn't apply as that's a clean slate. In a clean slate situation (new server) then starting with no /level command is the better idea, yes.

/level is not the right way to reduce the grind any more than taking away ToA is the right way to deal with the problems people have with that. If the 'grind' is so bad then look at ways to improve it rather than bypass it completely. As you said in a previous post, PvE can be fun. A full group of friends blitzing an adventure wing or committing genocide on your mobs of choice can be fun as you have good banter in the group and you hardly notice the time or the xp flowing past. I do agree though that mindlessly chaining the same mobs for hour after hour solo is boring and not really what I'd consider fun.

With that in mind then it seems to me that the way to fix it is to rejig the mechanics so that full groups are the best xp bar none. At the moment soloing/duoing with a bot will return the best xp/hour and it almost seems you are penalised for being sociable or wanting to play wityour friends. Change the dynamic back towards groups and PvE will be more fun for all and it won't favour older players at the expense of newbies - which any version of /level is bound to do.

/level 50 would ultimately drive players away from the game. As Ballard said, the relationship with your character is very important inthis kind of game. If you can instantly create new 50s you will feel no particular atttachment to them and won't be as likely to keep subscribing. Once you've had a go with everything in RvR what else is there to do? I know I probably wouldn't have kept on playing for more than a month or two if I didn't have such a investment in my characters. Games likethis rely on the attachemnt you have to keep you subscribing. It's why everything ultimately is a timesink in all MMos - increasing rewards over time = subs over time.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you just said, (barring the third paragraph... I will explain this in a sec). There are posts around here with me saying the exact same thing regarding grp XP. In that I reckon it should work in a much more rewarding way - like each person gets full XP for each mob regardless of how many in group, the only restriction being is it's scaled on level. Basically same xp system as Anarchy online.

The only reason I didn't get into that is because I felt it was out of the scope of this topic - or our hijacked topic anyway. :)

Regarding the third paragraph, I believe I covered most of that above (since /level would tiered) but even if a multitude of people did have access to /level 50 I can't believe the effect would be as dire as you think. There's still all of the MLs to do, the ToA farming, PvE events.... basically you have along time to get to know your character no matter what the level is he starts at. Some of the best PvE around as I said before and you replied with here is blitzing a dungeon or even just getting an Alliance PoC groiup up and annihilating mobs whilst bantering away on Vent - and most of that takes place post 40.

HaXyN|Kloak|Haf

Fledgling Freddie
NICE to know everyone's opinion quie honestly i wanted to see the reasction people put but onestly theres like only really 2debaters ingaf and Rs|phil lol

anyway i say this because its like this the gaem is years old and people onestly dont like leveling anymore plus think about even when noobs join there isnt groups so i dont see how you work half of the group situations out LFG doesnt work anymore half of the zones dont get used and definatly half of the dungeons dont either and as far as catacobs goes thats was like oh great when it came out you saw say a few people there all you need in Catacombs is the Darkspire and thats all nothing useful there also the fact i totally suck at proper english and dont put fullstops and commas etc. has nothing to do with anything lol but seriously i get both sides after reading both your debates and sure you get rid of the whole leveling experiance but who onestly exp's by there self they either have a bot or get pl'd by a friend or something the only groups you get is PoC groups and there technically just to level Artifacts up sorry but if it was me i would maybe test it ok /50 might be a bit too far or you could do a SWG like idea where you level skills etc. that way you can still level in away and onestly i think i shoudl stop Posting on FH specially after ive been like Drinking or somethign cause i never myself no what im talking abuot untill i read it the next day. SO ill just leave it there shall i lol

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Best way to remember full stops in written English is to read what you've written out loud, and when you pause with you voice press . Perhaps.

statued

Loyal Freddie
Huntingtons said:
Yeahgoodideaitotallyagreewiththenodotsoranythingreallymadeitenjoyabletoreadandalsoveryinspiringsonowiwontusespaceeitheritssomucheasierwhentypingalsoisavetimenotusingspaceehheehehehehthisissuchagoodideadontyouguysthinkthanksforlisteningifeelicantellyouguysanything
i hate you :(

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
HaXyN|Kloak|Haf said:
something

Dude... you're from yorkshire???? I'm from the Netherlands.
Why's my english better then yours?

Reading sentences without any form of punctuation is hard enough, but if one has to decipher all those spellingmistakes you made at the same time, it really becomes unbearable..

[edit] and ohw, Ballard and Chretien try to kick in a few debating posts aswell

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Your Dutch probably looks like his English. ;)

(Kidding, of course. That English gives me headaches.)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
That's pretty much because English people don't actually learn English, and us Dutch are forced to learn it. :)

I agree that the tiers are a good idea, and I see where you're coming from. Because of the tiers there'll be level 20s, level 30s, level 40s, etc running around. But keep in mind, they will have an accelerating effect at the end. 30-50 is easy, then 40-50 is even easier.

Also, I disagree that 40-50 takes as long as 20-40. 40-50 for me usually goes really fast. ML5 group steps, ML7 groupsteps, various ML raids, they all race me to level 50 in no time. Catacombs quests, epics, SI quests, some quests in ToA. For 20-40 you have to actually grind. :p

However, although the grinding does get a little annoying after having your umptienth character, and players with umptien characters usually having a deeper understanding of the game making /level newbieness less, I really do think it's important. Atleast, I wouldn't like each and every character I have as much as I do if I didn't have had to.

I wouldn't suggest going over /level 30, even if you have 20 level 50s anyway. Insta level 50s is only going to cause problems instead of solve any. They are going to want to be TOAd, no artifact will be up. FoTM characters will reign supreme, and opted FGs. Most people wont /level a toon to stick em in a zerg, might as well use their original char for that.

/level 50 would probably end up making DAoC even more elitist. :(

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
If you keep whining for /level 50 and you convince Mythic it will get them more players, soon enough they will set up 3 new servers with a /level 50 rule set.

/sarcasm @ Mythic

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
pretty much everyone i know has 4 or more level 50s

/level 50 would be the stupidest thing ever, I just don't see how you can find anything good in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom