for anyone experiencing lag/connectivity issues

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bluetribal posted this on my profile (guess he's too new to post his own thread? or something)

Hi there, maybe you could post the following solution to people with massive lag/connectivity issues in the Warhammer Help forum:

go to>control panel>system>hardware tab>device manager

now double click on your network adapter, go to the advanced tab and disable checksum offload you may get disconnected for a few seconds. If this doesn't work for you make sure to switch it back.

It seem to have worked for a lot of people including me. It solves the following issues: can't do combat, can't interact with npc's, chat not showing (even though you see players and NPC's moving), abilities not landing, castbar taking ages and getting disconnected after a few minutes of logging on. I don't think any of us would come up with that solution, so I think it's very valuable info.
Here's a possible explanation I found:

Checksums are used to ensure data integrity on arrival, and the checksum offload function allows your network adapter itself to perform this. If you turn it off, your CPU will have the load dropped on it and IT will have to run the checksums.

The packets in WAR are probably so small that it won't have much affect on your CPU usage, but someone should do some experimenting.
follow up:
As they stand, the packets ARE small, but you take a lowbie area for example, many, many small packets are bound to affect anything less than a Dual Core.

TarX

Loyal Freddie
This been driving me insane. Hopefuly this will work. Thanks. :)

h0stage

Fledgling Freddie
i got a small problem also (and i cant post new threads dunno why >< ), when i get to screen where you choose servers whatever i pick it says "your account is already logged to a diff" and its cut like that on "diff" word :/

any1 has any idea whats up with that ?

rynnor

Rockhound
i got a small problem also (and i cant post new threads dunno why >< ), when i get to screen where you choose servers whatever i pick it says "your account is already logged to a diff" and its cut like that on "diff" word :/

any1 has any idea whats up with that ?

Sounds like 'logged onto a different server' - are you sharing your account with someone?

A

Armagan

different server :p

i have a serious problem that i cant enter any server because my account logged in different server . how can i solve that problem? pls somebody help.

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
^
Aye i had that too. Or rather i still have that problem from time to time.
I couldnt find any solution other than to restart the game.
What a bugger :(

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
So what if you don't have checksum offload or are on swedish XP?
It all started with getting laggier and laggier, now i cant even connect to the game.. :twak:

Edit: Wow just noticed my sig, haven't been on FH since i quit DAoC lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom