For all the casters - info about dex

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
So all the theories and calculators where wrong or Mythic made an ninja fix to spells (casting) or did he fuck up the test?

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
Seems like even 1 dex can make a dramatic difference wether it takes the total to just over a breaking point or not, interesting.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It's very easy to test now tbh. Fix your dex 1 point above a breakpoint using starting stats, then log out, drop it one and see if you notice the difference. The ~10% steps he's talking about are easy to notice, don't need to do 100 casts nuking ur bot bollox.

I been too lazy to do this myself yet (my bot is out of commission atm anyhow), but going from 3 or 4 either side of the breakpoint messing about with aug dex it has been noticable - which it wouldn't if it was linear - so have a hunch it's not far off.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Just remember that you cant rely to much on his sheet.
Spells with same cast time got different break points as his tests show if you read it all (not sure if it was in the same thread)

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Spells with same cast time got different break points as his tests show if you read it all (not sure if it was in the same thread)

aw, have to test it on vamp then :/

Maeloch

Part of the furniture

iirc it deviated from his data on the ment NS. I have a hunch it will do on some of these recent fancy spells with 2ndary effects (debuffing NS, heal nukes, etc) but probably not on the 'classic' ones. Like I say, takes like 2mins to test logging out and changing starting dex to either side of the break point. Will have to try for my stuff tonight.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Well, seems I was right going for 396 dex on an eld, also it seems that 396 caps every spell out.
(caps in a sense that you dont get much improvement going beyond that).

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Well, seems I was right going for 396 dex on an eld, also it seems that 396 caps every spell out.
(caps in a sense that you dont get much improvement going beyond that).

my 386 dex > you!
and you know it aika!

aika

Can't get enough of FH
my 386 dex > you!
and you know it aika!

tests show otherwise mater!

it seems that some mythic devs rounded something in their formulas, I cant see any other mathematical explanation to those "jumps".

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
tests show otherwise mater!

it seems that some mythic devs rounded something in their formulas, I cant see any other mathematical explanation to those "jumps".

why do people even do these tests anyway lol?
you've always gotta factor in server - player lag, player reactionspeed etc,

so its all good and well saying u can cast @ x speed, but its more or less impossible to cast @ the exact same time as somebody else anyway based on the differences in connections and locations,

so just improve ur reaction speed and positioning?

anything over 380 dex shud be good enuff

aika

Can't get enough of FH
but if you have perfect reaction speed and positioning, no server lag and capped dex?
Where's your god now ?!?!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
but if you have perfect reaction speed and positioning, no server lag and capped dex?
Where's your god now ?!?!

well i guess we're ok as even on LAN there is lag :p

you said urself your ping is what ? 180 on US?

so these tests are completely irrelevant!

unless sum1 is gonna start testing various pings too haha :)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
well i guess we're ok as even on LAN there is lag :p

you said urself your ping is what ? 180 on US?

so these tests are completely irrelevant!

unless sum1 is gonna start testing various pings too haha :)

should work tho if you allways have 180 ping?
aslong as tests being done with the exact same ping :eek:

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
aslong as tests being done with the exact same ping :eek:

tests will work yes, but only if u fight urself continuously? :p

because other players will have faster connections etc etc

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
Since when doesn't epeen count anymore ? Everyone knows that more dex = larger epeen

Aballith

Loyal Freddie
I thought I noticed an increase in cast speed when I went from 386 dex to 396 but wasn't totally sure... However I've just dropped back to 386 dex to get purge etc and the difference is VERY noticable. I felt a lot weaker tryin to nuke ppl down last night. This is with the 2.8 spec nuke on my eld.

Regarding the menta ns, there are tests on vn showing it has a slower cast time than other classes ns. Possibly due to the secondary effect or cos it's coded differently being new but it's likely that the delve is just wrong at 2.0 and should say 2.2 or summit.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

but then everyone would need to have 180 constant ping.

if someone got 50 ping and you 180 then its a different ballgame.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
but then everyone would need to have 180 constant ping.

if someone got 50 ping and you 180 then its a different ballgame.

yeh exactly take playing a game like counter strike for example, ull notice people with much better connection shooting u before u can eeven see em

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I play on mobole net and i do fine , meh :D

yeh we all do fine but do you think given a 60+ ping advantage over an opponent ull still do "fine" or "annhilate" them :p

the point was theres no point doing calculations like this as you can have all the dex in the world and still get outcasted due to player reactions and connection

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well these 'breakpoints' are like 10% difference in casting speed, which adds up more or less to 10% more dps on nukes if they're queued up. It's not the end of the world, but when the fuss peeps go to get 10/10/10, 101, 101, etc on templates, you might as well get your dex where you cast fastest on your most used spells, especially the dps.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
If the server update tick runs at 20hz then this all makes perfect sense. E.g. when you cast a spell the game computes how many "ticks" it will take to cast rounded to the nearest whole tick.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It's very easy to test now tbh. Fix your dex 1 point above a breakpoint using starting stats, then log out, drop it one and see if you notice the difference. The ~10% steps he's talking about are easy to notice, don't need to do 100 casts nuking ur bot bollox.

Confirming that gut feeling is a scientifically valid way of measuring results

Aballith

Loyal Freddie
Confirming that gut feeling is a scientifically valid way of measuring results

It's valid enough in this case. The difference between 391 dex & 392 with 10% cs on a 2.8 spec nuke is pretty fecking noticable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom