Footballing Masterclass

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
omg @ Arsenal

Arsene Wenger has got to be one of the best coaches in football atm. Its taken Arsenal a short while to adapt to a lot of changes this season but theyve have just absolutely demolished the best team in Italy.

I've never seen such a one sided game between 2 world class teams

Outstanding

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Looked like a good game, but vs 9 players it's a little, er, 'easier' ;)

They seem to have the Euro games sussed, but in the Premiership teams know that they have to play physical. Look how they play vs Madrid the other week, then look how they do against teams like Bolton.

Will be interesting to see what signings Arsene makes over the summer, and if they'll actually be in the title race next year ^^

Deld

Loyal Freddie
Vladamir said:

They seem to have the Euro games sussed, but in the Premiership teams know that they have to play physical. Look how they play vs Madrid the other week, then look how they do against teams like Bolton.

Will be interesting to see what signings Arsene makes over the summer, and if they'll actually be in the title race next year ^^

9 Men for what, 5 mins of the game? Arsenal scored both of their goals before the first sending off. I'm not an Arsenal fan but I love the way they play and in this game they were awesome, well deserved tbh.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta love Henry, Fabregas, Hleb, Reyes, Eboué, Toure, a bit Pires :D

Also Campbell is good, Gilbert (the youngster, not Gilberto) is incredible. They seem to be building up a great team!

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:

It was for the last part of the game, and apart from a unsteady opening, they wee'd all over the Italians

Dorimor1

Banned
My friend is english and however much he is happy about the performance, we don't think its a credit to english football. People say that they're carrying the flag for england, but as alan pardrew said, when you look at the team its hard to understand why people think this.

To hand it to arsenal though, they controlled the game well, Viera looked past his time and Fabregas outmatched him in every way, a true class performance, it was quite funny at the end when Juventus started to loose their discipline, have no idea what Camoraneisi was trying to achieve, other than making a twat of himself.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
It wasnt so much of a fantastic performance as it was a dire one by Juventus, the second leg will prove much different, Nedved is such an integeral part of the team :>

Man utd fan out! :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:

vlad_001.jpg

Marc

FH is my second home
Arsenal were always going to do well in europe because of the way they play. They arent a "bruising" team, they dont try and out muscle you, they play with flair. In europe, european teams dont close you down like they do in the premiership, so the arsenal team get plenty of time and room to dictate the play.

I said before the champs league started, Aresnal will win it. I stand by that prediction.

Marc

FH is my second home
Aile said:
It wasnt so much of a fantastic performance as it was a dire one by Juventus, the second leg will prove much different, Nedved is such an integeral part of the team :>

Man utd fan out! :p

Nedved is a shadow of the player he was once. Add to this, Juve have lost Zebina, Viera and that ugly fucker camronesi. I think arsenal are nailed on for the semi.

Marc

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
Gotta love Henry, Fabregas, Hleb, Reyes, Eboué, Toure, a bit Pires :D

Also Campbell is good, Gilbert (the youngster, not Gilberto) is incredible. They seem to be building up a great team!

That eboue looks quality. Wenger certainly has an eye for talent. If Henry can resist Barca and Fabregas Real madrid, then if Wenger can sign a top name holding midfielder, I see no reason why Arsenal cant win the league next season :)

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
booring match tbh, all to onesided but Arsenal did good and deserved to win, now gifv better 2nd match

soze

I am a FH squatter
Oboy said:
booring match tbh, all to onesided but Arsenal did good and deserved to win, now gifv better 2nd match

No thats the last thing Arsenal want, another 0-2 total beating will do my heart and hair line good ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
Im also wondering, if Viera got himself booked on purpose because he bottled the second leg? His booking was such a silly and obvious one

soze

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:
Im also wondering, if Viera got himself booked on purpose because he bottled the second leg? His booking was such a silly and obvious one

His head dropped totally after what 20 minutes? Was a shadow of the dominating Viera that used to play forArsenal. The comentators also thought it was a deliberate yellow card. I like the second sending off best the twat forgot he already had a yellow so did not know he was getting the red :p

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
hate saying this about the Woolwich, bein a yido and all, but last night was awesome. Fabregas was on fire, Henry put their back line to shame and Toure was simply amazing. Senderos will get praise, but i think him and Hleb were the only two weak links in that show, but with Toure in the form he's in Senderos didn't really need to worry - Lehmann didn't make a save all night of any value.

Hats off to you for that guys, but seeing as we're gonna finish 4th i have to hope that they pull a 3 - 0 out the bag on the return leg ;) haha!

Actually, i wouldn't mind if the Woolwich made it to the finals, just so long as you don't win the thing :m00:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm clicked this thread thinking it was going to be a review of the Villa v Fulham game... :D

Great performance by Arsenal - they look so much better in Europe since Viera left and Fabregas came in. They miss the physical presence in the prem, but Fabregas's extra mobility and energy seems to have given them that missing something in Europe. Would love to see them win it but still a long way to go :drink:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Rediknight said:
Actually, i wouldn't mind if the Woolwich made it to the finals, just so long as you don't win the thing :m00:

That would be perfect finish 5th but win the champs leauge so knock the scum out of it :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
YAWN

There's nothing more boring in the world than listening to someone talk about West Ham or Arsenal

Yid Army 4TW

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Shagrat said:
omg @ Arsenal

Arsene Wenger has got to be one of the best coaches in football atm. Its taken Arsenal a short while to adapt to a lot of changes this season but theyve have just absolutely demolished the best team in Italy.
not quite. Juventus had a bad game, it happens to the best of them from time.
i'm not saying arsenal didn't play well, but it was hardly a "good" game
Fabregas rocks tho :)

Himse

FH is my second home
im going to be cool and just say

chelsea ftw. XD

Marc

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
not quite. Juventus had a bad game, it happens to the best of them from time.
i'm not saying arsenal didn't play well, but it was hardly a "good" game
Fabregas rocks tho :)

Juventus didnt play well because Arsenal didnt let them. They were superior in every position.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Marc said:
Juventus didnt play well because Arsenal didnt let them. They were superior in every position.
hardly, they played plain badly.
Compare that performance to any of their rescent games and you will see a considerable difference in their game

Marc

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
hardly, they played plain badly.
Compare that performance to any of their rescent games and you will see a considerable difference in their game

Against who? Werder Bremen? Aye, they were awesome there!!! The italian league? This is just like the premiership where you have 3 good teams. The reason they played badly is because arsenal didnt give them a sniff. Cesc was so dominant in midfield that Viera and Emerson didnt get a sniff. How i wish he played for everton :D

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
it will be interenesting to see the return leg alright.
But Juve have NEVER last 2 games in a row.

And last night they didn't loose a game,
they had thier pants pulled down and made run around bare arsed trying to dance.

the Arseh0les where Amamzing truely great to watch. We shall see how much of this keeps going

Marc

FH is my second home
[SS]Gamblor said:
it will be interenesting to see the return leg alright.
But Juve have NEVER last 2 games in a row.

And last night they didn't loose a game,
they had thier pants pulled down and made run around bare arsed trying to dance.

the Arseh0les where Amamzing truely great to watch. We shall see how much of this keeps going

Will Paul Dickov be playing? :D

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Looked to me like Juve did not even try.

Arsenal had a nice tactic by overloading on Zebina with Flamini overlapping Reyes (dunno if he spell it like that) and Henry going out there creating number advantage and build on that side. Juve usually do same thing on their left side with Zambrotta creating number advantage. He hardly went forward 1 time entire game even when he had the plays he usually go on....things like that on entire Juve team imo.

that said I love the way Arsenal play football. Dont know if the ladder make it possible but fotballwise I would love Barca - Arsenal in final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom