Football: Utd v Chelsea

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Well thought we played crap again today..

Decisions again were costly by another shit performance from ref..

Utd should have had a pen first half, Cole should have been booked.

Mikel although hes a dirty fecker, was never a sending off.

Cole should have been off for tackle on Ronaldo.

Saha pen was never a pen.

Chelsea battled hard, but VDS never had a shot to save, but wasn't impressed with Utd again..worrying thing is for the rest we are 2nd, and not playing well!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Could feel the lethargy in the team from my sofa.

Players didn't look up for it at all, noone wanted to play in Shevchenko (though wtf he was doing drifting out to the left all the time, he's not Henry).

Essien looked like a rabbit in headlights, didn't have a clue what to do half the game.

Alex has been our best defender recently and the same with SWP as an attacking player, both dropped to the bench. Beletti has been by far and away our best player, not even in the squad.

Mikel should've got off with a yellow, joe cole was lucky not to be off. Saha made one hell of a meal out of the penalty.

3 shots the whole game, none on target. So much for the open, positive attacking football Grant loves so much.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea battled hard, but VDS never had a shot to save, but wasn't impressed with Utd again..worrying thing is for the rest we are 2nd, and not playing well!

100% in agreement, we are so wasteful in the final third of the pitch right now it is scary. We are overplaying everything, trying to pass a team to death instead of hitting the net. Scholes and Giggs really need to step up to the plate now, they just haven't been good enough this season and they keep playing the ball sideways instead of looking for through balls.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Didn't see it as I was out at Brøndby Stadium for the local derby, which we won 1-0, but I heard United won by 2-0 and that Chelsea got a man send off?

Reading this post disappoints me a bit.. Was hoping United would show that they were better than Chelsea instead of the ref ruining the game, by the sounds of it?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Red card was a bit soft - given the time in the match it was retarded to give it, IMO.

Incident - Man United vs Chelsea: ميكيل ينال بطاقة Ø*مراء بعد دخول خشن Ø¥Ùرا

Studs were probably a bit high but at the speed it happened and the view the ref had it seems harsh to give it so indefinately. That ref has also given 14 reds in his last 20 games. Edit: Do you United fans think there was a possibility Rooney could've been off for a second yellow on that barge on Ashley Cole?.

"I'm very happy with the spirit. If we continue like this we will be okay." - Avram Grant

Bollocks to that. The spirit was absolutely crushed and showed how much the manager meant to the players. The best we can hope for at this rate is finishing inside the top 4.

Van Basten was seen behind Abramovich today so one can only hope that he's a potential frontrunner for the position.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
United were definitely the better team but it wasnt exactly world domination like alot of the play last season

i counted 5 yellow card offenses from joe cole and the ronaldo red, wtf was he doing all game tbh?

fergie summed it up well, we didnt play well, the ref didnt give a fairly blatent pen then did give a not so blatent pen, then sent off mikel (can just about justify it as aggressive play as he stamped down on evras foot but it was VERY harsh) then joe cole tried to end ronaldos season and got off with a yellow?

ref was a bit of a joke, but stats dont lie in the fact we had ALOT more chances on goal, cech was good yes but we were at least shooting, and we had about 2million corners, thought vidic or ferdie would of got one

how didnt carrick get MoM though, his passing was sublime all game, didnt miss one chip/50 yard pass, played like a seedorf

edit for vlads ninja post: yes rooney could/should have been off (1st yellow was VERY soft though, if it wasnt rooney he wouldnt have given the first yella) but cashley needs to stop jumping on the floor one min like a kitten then diving in both feet first the next

"Bollocks to that. The spirit was absolutely crushed and showed how much the manager meant to the players. The best we can hope for at this rate is finishing inside the top 4."

10men no lampard no drogba and 1-0 down at half time at old trafford- whoever you are thats a fairly large ask of a player, cant blame them too much for not being overly attacking

"Van Basten was seen behind Abramovich today so one can only hope that he's a potential frontrunner for the position."

isnt he managing his country?

Himse

FH is my second home
cba to watch football anymore really, just a bunch of clueless money throwers who don't really care about the game (Chelsea)!

Man U will probably win this year.

soze

I am a FH squatter
100% in agreement, we are so wasteful in the final third of the pitch right now it is scary. We are overplaying everything, trying to pass a team to death instead of hitting the net. Scholes and Giggs really need to step up to the plate now, they just haven't been good enough this season and they keep playing the ball sideways instead of looking for through balls.

Man U could have Arsenalitus. You will know your in trouble if Derby leave OT with a 1 - 1 draw :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
"Van Basten was seen behind Abramovich today so one can only hope that he's a potential frontrunner for the position."

isnt he managing his country?

I think so - but when did that stop RA paying over the odds? :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Chelsea obviously had their minds on something other than the game. The ref was a complete f*cking joke. Man U's 12 man. Never a red for that tackle. The first pen appeal probably should have been given. The one he gave was also a joke. Player was not even touched. Open play Man Utd were the better side, but again just like their last few games really don't look like scoring many.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Man U could have Arsenalitus. You will know your in trouble if Derby leave OT with a 1 - 1 draw :(

both Man Utd and Barcelona seems to have it this season (although barca did win yesterday) ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
cba to watch football anymore really, just a bunch of clueless money throwers who don't really care about the game (Chelsea)!

Man U will probably win this year.

said like a true chelski fan after a loss :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Well.. not sure what can be said. Glad United got the result but wasnt pretty in the final third as been normal this season. But hey, it wasnt a 1-0.

J.Cole clearly fould Evra in the box during first half. When through the man before getting the ball. Poor decision.

Mikel sending off - Harsh decision BUT look at the refs position, can clearly see why he thought it was a 2 footed challenge. More to the point 2 footed and studs showing whilst coming over the top. That would be a red card, and that is why Mikel got one. Unfortunately for Mikel how it looked wasnt how it went down. But it is understandable.

Half time whistle. 2minutes time added on MINIMUM. More to the point, when they were deciding time added on I am sure that the ref indicated 3minutes (mouth and hand signals) however 2minutes went up. Thought it strange that. But anyways. hit the 2 minutes with an ongoing attack went out for a corner. The ball came in and was cleared partially but not entirely. Some refs would blow at this time, some would say it is an ongoing attack as it fell to a united player 25yards out. If it went further the ref probably would have blown. That said he could be adding time on for the ball being out of play during the 2minutes or since they decided on time added on. It is at his perogative (sp!?). Seen it happen before, will do again.

J.Cole on Ronaldo. Filthy tackle and easily a red card. Yellow only given though due to previous sending off in my opinion, should count himself lucky and probably part the reason he was subbed.

Rooney on Cashly Cole. Happens all the time unpunished, only being made a deal off because Rooney had already been booked. Cashly was a prick all match as normal and all he done is moan. Really hate him being part of the England squad. Yes some refs would have given a second yellow but if he had done that then clearly J.Cole would have went I feel.

Saha penalty. I was in histerics at the antics. Was there a sniper in the crowd that shot him? Ok yes, the tackle went in, slight contact but my god what the fuck was he up to? Due to the way he went down I was surprised the ref gave it.

Points from the game/Post game...

Man Utd not firing on all cylinders still but Rooney and Tevez may well be able to play with each other. Still not decided though on that. Carrick showed some great distribution skills today as did Scholes, however often we lack that forward pass that splits the defence. The lack of out and out striker hurts us in that respect I feel.

Ferguson gave a fair assesment at the end on all regards, was good to see. Stated red card was harsh, stated the penalty being given may have been harsh. Stated that J.Cole should have been off and that Evra should got a penalty and that ref probably ended up balancing it out. Was good to see him not claiming everything right and should have got more like most managers (and himself does)

Grant - Gonna try be a the new whiner. Complained about sending off, complained about the first goal, complained about the penalty, complained about the ref, but did not mention things that went their way. Also talked alot of shite about how the players did themself proud to try and cover up their mistakes whcih they probably really need to be shown. Also seemed to avoid answering questions re. coaching licencing trying to say "been international manager so I fine". Did get the impression he believed he should follow FA rules and get correct licence and be interesting to see what they do, especially as it been some time since he was a manager.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Having read through the posts I feel everyone has summed up the match fine, apart from one instance.

The Saha penalty, If Saha had not went down a Pen would not have been given, There was contact and minimal or not Haim mistimed his kick and caught Saha. The dive was over the top and pretty stupid, but if the player does not go to the floor the ref will not give a penalty. Its a grey area unfortunately Evras was a stone wall penalty.

Ashley Cole moaned his arse off all match, Rooney was probably sick of hearing him cry like a bitch so he touched him with his shoulder and he fell to the floor like a big girls blouse.

Joe Cole very lucky with his tackle, Mikel unlucky, however from the ref's position I can see how it could have been perceived as a two footed tackle.

Man Utd need Saha up front from the start, Chelsea well they have alot of shit to sort out.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
glad to see general concensus is that united, didnt play amazing but still deserved it, even though the ref was fairly dire, and chelsea, well theyre gonna need to do somethin asap or its gonna be an uphill struggle from here on

got that little sense of satisfaction thanks to rivals misfortunes ahhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom