[Football] United v Arsenal

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
"Hi, my name is Huntelaar.. I score in every match basically, so give me millions and I'll be scoring goals for your team next season!"

Would be an uber ad tbh..

megadave

I am a FH squatter
why does wenger insist on playing that ugly, dirty lump of shite eboue?

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
We were lucky to get 3 points to some extent, but I think had arsenal gone in front from one of those shots that cannoned of the post then we would have just pushed more and more foreward

About strikers, Huntelaar is looking bloody awesome for holland atm, hasnt he averaged like 1.5 goals a game over the last 6 months?

Dont think Benzema is the strong front man you'd want to replace drogba, hes more in the mould of a thierry, dont think it'd suit chelskis current system, in actuality Anelka can prolly do a better job of it

PS Really really really starting to like Anderson, hes looking like a young keane :O

United to draw at chelsea and draw at blackburn, it'l go down to the wire

Lethul

FH is my second home
Any rumors about where Huntelaar might end up? Or is it just dreaming so far? He expressed any wishes of where he wants to play?

soze

I am a FH squatter
No but i have heard Wenger is send agent Iceman 10 into Ajax as a coach to tell him to come to Arsenal.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
SAF has said he will be buying young players again in summer, so that rules out Berbatov.

Huntelaar will come to Utd I hope, we defo need a goalscorer.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
SAF has said he will be buying young players again in summer, so that rules out Berbatov.

Huntelaar will come to Utd I hope, we defo need a goalscorer.

true, if cristiano had an off season or got injured, we'd be fairly f****d

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
true, if cristiano had an off season or got injured, we'd be fairly f****d

Not just Ronaldo, Rooney/Tevez, Saha is a joke and unrealiable.

We've been lucky no long term injuries hit those 3.

I know some Utd fans will disagree with the goals we scored, but I feel you need 4 quality strikers to go for 3 trophies.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Huntelaar isn't that young, he's like 25

Also, he's half the player of Aguero, Benzema, Pato even perhaps the likes of Podolski and Zarate.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would like Pato but Benzema only has 18 goals in the French league so would not expect him to step into the Premiership and get 30 goals he is shit hot in Football Manager though :)

Marc

FH is my second home
I would like Pato but Benzema only has 18 goals in the French league so would not expect him to step into the Premiership and get 30 goals he is shit hot in Football Manager though :)

Lots of the games Benzema has played this season have been from the wing. Remind me again how many goals Henry scored for Juventus? :D

I share your sentiments about football manager though :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Lots of the games Benzema has played this season have been from the wing. Remind me again how many goals Henry scored for Juventus? :D

I share your sentiments about football manager though :D

I have not watched him but just looked into him when i saw him mentioned but if he has 18 from the wong its promising.

If i was manager and this was football manager i would get Benzema, Källström and Ben Arfa :) All decent in game.

Marc

FH is my second home
I have not watched him but just looked into him when i saw him mentioned but if he has 18 from the wong its promising.

If i was manager and this was football manager i would get Benzema, Källström and Ben Arfa :) All decent in game.

Not all 18 have been from the wing. I dont know how many hes scored when playing striker or winger, im just saying that a lot of games hes played wing :D

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Manchester should get Rubén De La Red tbh. It's not like Real Madrid is going to use him with Gago, Sneijder, Baptista and Guti as central midfielders.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Huntelaar isn't that young, he's like 25

Also, he's half the player of Aguero, Benzema, Pato even perhaps the likes of Podolski and Zarate.

His record is near identical to Van Nistelrooy's before he joined United and he will cost half what Benezema will cost. People said Rudd was a risk as well but he turned out to be the most prolific striker in Europe. United don't need another technical wonderkid, we need a ruthless striker and that is exactly what Huntelaar is.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Any rumors about where Huntelaar might end up? Or is it just dreaming so far? He expressed any wishes of where he wants to play?

RM already made moves to have him signed (i drool at the idea of VN+Huntelaar).

Sneijder (and Robben lately) been rocking this season so Ajax product is in nowadays :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
RM already made moves to have him signed (i drool at the idea of VN+Huntelaar).

Sneijder (and Robben lately) been rocking this season so Ajax product is in nowadays :p

do you recon De La Red will get any playtime?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

RM already moving to have him signed (i drool at the idea of Huntelaar + VN). Aguero is class no doubt, but a forward capable of being in the fight for the Golden Boot 3 years in a row, 25 yo, tall, quick, with killer instinct is something that reminds so much to the likes of young VN or VanBasten thats its worth to take the risk and bet for him.

Sneijder been rocking this season overall so Ajax product is in nowadays :p

Benzema is out of reach atm for every1 cept maybe Roman. Houlier (Lyon manager) already stated that Benzema is worth 50M€.

Personaly, not for the forward position but for offensive midfielder i would take a look at the other young french star: Samir Nasri. Awesome performance for a sub-20 in Marseille and known as the heir to Zidane for les bleus.

RM is getting De la Red back now its know that 95% chances of Diarra being sold along with Baptista. Sadly, its gonna be tuff for RM managers to sell Baptista, dont think Arsene is gonna bite the bait a second time :p

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
do you recon De La Red will get any playtime?

With Diarra out prolly yes. That would leave Gago and De La Red as defensive midfielders, so i guess he would have assured minutes if things go taht way.
Its said that RM incomes this season havent been that good so the chest isnt that full to make big signs this summer (Huntelaar maybe), so i dont think theyr gonna sign any1 in De La Red/Gago position.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
With Diarra out prolly yes. That would leave Gago and De La Red as defensive midfielders, so i guess he would have assured minutes if things go taht way.
Its said that RM incomes this season havent been that good so the chest isnt that full to make big signs this summer (Huntelaar maybe), so i dont think theyr gonna sign any1 in De La Red/Gago position.

that wouldn't be a pretty sight though, would it? He's not that much of a defensive midfielder.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
that wouldn't be a pretty sight though, would it? He's not that much of a defensive midfielder.

Well dunno what Getafe games you watched, but he plays as 5 or total midfielder with Granero, Sousa and Gavilán in front of him. He uses to to reach the outskirts of the rival area. He even played as Center like last match vs Bayern Munich. Anyways, hes not world class material and maybe coud reach the level of sum1 like Haargreaves or the likes. For sure hes not gonna be the next Pirlo.
In the club youths team he played both as solo midfielder or alongside Javi García, another 5 with much more muscle but less ability.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Well dunno what Getafe games you watched, but he plays as 5 or total midfielder with Granero, Sousa and Gavilán in front of him. He uses to to reach the outskirts of the rival area. He even played as Center like last match vs Bayern Munich. Anyways, hes not world class material and maybe coud reach the level of sum1 like Haargreaves or the likes. For sure hes not gonna be the next Pirlo.
In the club youths team he played both as solo midfielder or alongside Javi García, another 5 with much more muscle but less ability.

He didn't play all that much against Munich :p

I always spot him as a playmaker at the edge of their box, right behind Uche. I admittedly haven't watched many Getafe matches (not a fan), but he has definately been offensive in the few matches (5-6) I've seen.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
RM already moving to have him signed (i drool at the idea of Huntelaar + VN). Aguero is class no doubt, but a forward capable of being in the fight for the Golden Boot 3 years in a row, 25 yo, tall, quick, with killer instinct is something that reminds so much to the likes of young VN or VanBasten thats its worth to take the risk and bet for him.

A young Van Basten? Leave it out.

With regards to his prolific scoring in Holland... Dirk Kujit had a good record there, nuff said.

Nistlerooy was also a proven International before he moved to United, Huntelaar has a few goals for Holland but they come in friendlies against crap like Ireland. Oh and also, look how much better they've been without RvN. United don't need another player in a similar mould. They need someone like Saha but who doesn't spent 99% of their time on the treatment table, i.e. Benzema.

edit - Whoever said only Chelsea can afford 50m euros - get a grip son.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
A young Van Basten? Leave it out.

With regards to his prolific scoring in Holland... Dirk Kujit had a good record there, nuff said.

Nistlerooy was also a proven International before he moved to United, Huntelaar has a few goals for Holland but they come in friendlies against crap like Ireland. Oh and also, look how much better they've been without RvN. United don't need another player in a similar mould. They need someone like Saha but who doesn't spent 99% of their time on the treatment table, i.e. Benzema.

Benezema is more Rooney than Saha, I have watched the guy alot and his game is very different. He is much more of a physical entity than Saha and has more flair with the ball at his feet. Frankly we have 2 similair players already in Tevez and Rooney, what we need is a lethal striker who is strong in the air. Saha comes close to that but he will never ever be clear of injuries and is a waste of £60,000 a week.

Marc

FH is my second home
Manchester should get Rubén De La Red tbh. It's not like Real Madrid is going to use him with Gago, Sneijder, Baptista and Guti as central midfielders.

De la Red has been outstanding this year for Getafe. Word on the street is that Diarra will be on his way in the summer

Marc

FH is my second home
Benezema is more Rooney than Saha, I have watched the guy alot and his game is very different. He is much more of a physical entity than Saha and has more flair with the ball at his feet. Frankly we have 2 similair players already in Tevez and Rooney, what we need is a lethal striker who is strong in the air. Saha comes close to that but he will never ever be clear of injuries and is a waste of £60,000 a week.

Dont forget Manucho. Hes no mug in the air and could just be what united need

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Dont forget Manucho. Hes no mug in the air and could just be what united need

I haven't forgotten, not with a name like that. ;)

He is totally unproven though and I wouldn't risk another season with Saha, best to get him off the wage bill now and go get someone like Huntelaar.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

Who was last summer's most expensive sign?? for how much?

1 Arjen Robben Chelsea Real Madrid 36
2 Fernando Torres Atlético Madrid Liverpool 36
3 Anderson Oporto Manchester Utd. 31.5
4 Pepe Oporto Real Madrid 30
5 Wesley Sneijder Ajax Real Madrid 27
6 Nani Sporting de Lisboa Manchester Utd. 25.5
7 Owen Hargreaves Bayern de Munich Manchester Utd. 25
8 Franck Ribéry O. Marsella Bayern Munich 25
9 Darren Bent Charlton Ath. Tottenham 24.5
10 Thierry Henry Arsenal Barcelona 24
11 Alexandre Pato Internacional AC Milan 22
12 Diego Forlán Villarreal Atlético de Madrid 21
13 Florent Malouda Lyon Chelsea 21
14 Simao Sabrosa Benfica Atlético de Madrid 20
15 Nery Castillo Olympiacos Shakhtar Donetsk 20
16 Carlos Tévez West Ham Manchester United 18
17 Fernando Gago Boca Juniors Real Madrid 18
18 Ryan Babel Feyenoord Liverpool 17
19 Gabi Milito R. Zaragoza Barcelona 17
20 Eric Abidal Lyon Barcelona 17

So pretty much yes, 50M € for a single player whos not even a world class star and plays in a lesser league, is one of those things only Roman is able to do :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Huntelaar is class, you say the dutch league is of a crap standard... how you ever thought this was because all the teams play attacking on the ground football and rarely are of a defensive mentality, thus a lot of goals?

Marc

FH is my second home
Huntelaar is class, you say the dutch league is of a crap standard... how you ever thought this was because all the teams play attacking on the ground football and rarely are of a defensive mentality, thus a lot of goals?

They only get one team in the champions league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom