[Football] The Wenger bus on the road to nowhere

Marc

FH is my second home
jr4r3sjpg.gif

cog

Can't get enough of FH
name that film and win a stuffed pig

"Did you ever think that maybe theres more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good looking?"

Wheres my stuffed pig :touch:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Thats not funny really not funny coming from a fan of a Spanish team who have won fuck all ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its quite true though :)

For now, give it a couple of years and a couple of decent buys, a first class striker, decent keeper etc and Arsenal will do fine.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Its quite true though :)

For now, give it a couple of years and a couple of decent buys, a first class striker, decent keeper etc and Arsenal will do fine.

are you saying they are not "doing fine" now? :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not as well as they had hoped :)

Yeah they are doing ok, but they haven't won anything of importance for years, though saying that I think they are the only team in the prem to actually have a negative figure next to "money spent on players"

Marc

FH is my second home
Thats not funny really not funny coming from a fan of a Spanish team who have won fuck all ;)

Have you forgotten the champions league title. I always forget who we owned in the final :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Its true when people heard Henry had left and Wenger had not replaced him the majority of people here and in the press had Spuds finishing above us and Arsenal being lucky to get Europe. So the fact we are 3rd and had a long titel challenge surely means we did better than expected? Not as well as we would have liked but to keep up with teams who have spent what they have is good going.

Was the man u game 150 mil paid and arsenal 30 mil i can not remember they said it after the game.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Nobody can say who has the best future, for starters both SAF & Wenger will both be gone, whoever takes over will have a massive job.

There could be a few more Abramovich's out there who could take over teams and turn them into the next Chelsea etc.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Chelsea will spend big and still be runners up. Man Utd have a young talented expensive side and will always be contenders. Arsenal have done better than most of us expected this year. It's been proved that you need a bigger side to compete in all the majors these days and Wenger will be buying. The of several key players to injury this season hurt us hard.

New Signings are needed to beef up the team. Unlike Man Utd it won't be some 50 Mill ++ big name it will be more low key than that. Wenger for me has proved his skills in the tansfer market with some of the best value buys out there.

Anyone can win given unlimited budgets like Chel$ki and Man Utd, it takes real talent to do it on a budget.:p

Marc

FH is my second home
Kaka says he has no intention of joining Chelsea and there is no way Barca will sell Messi. So, to try and save face it seems Avram is turning his intentions to the worlds greatest ever midfielder, Stevie G

soze

I am a FH squatter
Papers where saying Man U have commited them selves to spending 90 mil over the next 4 years with deals for Rio Carrik Brown and Ronaldo that is mental spending but paying 150k plus a week for Ronaldo on this season seems a no brainer.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Kaka says he has no intention of joining Chelsea and there is no way Barca will sell Messi. So, to try and save face it seems Avram is turning his intentions to the worlds greatest ever midfielder, Stevie G

I would rather die and turn in my cold, cold grave before he joins us.

Stupid scouse cúnt, i hate him.

Marc

FH is my second home
I would rather die and turn in my cold, cold grave before he joins us.

Stupid scouse cúnt, i hate him.

He wouldnt have the bottle anyway. What is he, 28? He needs to go now, if he is ever going to win a league title, but his blind loyalty towards the Kop will ensure he stays at Liverpool for the rest of his career. He will stay at Anfield, ensuring his god like status when he retires

soze

I am a FH squatter
Is it loyalty of the fact his father was going to disown him and a gangster said he would kill him if he left :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
He wouldnt have the bottle anyway. What is he, 28? He needs to go now, if he is ever going to win a league title, but his blind loyalty towards the Kop will ensure he stays at Liverpool for the rest of his career. He will stay at Anfield, ensuring his god like status when he retires

If it was me i'd probably rather spend my career playing for the club that I love and trying (even if it's in vein) to win them a title than join the club that's throwing money about this year in the hopes of getting a guaranteed title. It's not like money is an issue, every premiership footballer earns more in 1 year than 99% of us will in our entire lifetime.

It is after all only a sport, and the title at the end of the day is only a number in a book and bit of metal. I can understand the players that leave to go get a title to their name, but it doesn't mean I have more respect for them than the players that don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom