Marc

FH is my second home
reports of 3 man utd fans stabbed.

Isnt it about time uefa did something about the italians

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
reports of 3 man utd fans stabbed.

Isnt it about time uefa did something about the italians

Well FIFA are a bunch of wankers for starters, the Italian government is a joke, they are scared of the Ultras..

Imagine if this was in England, we would be chucked straight out of the tournament.

But why oh why have the Utd fans gone there is beyond me after what happened there last season.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Uefa should dump them out the competition for a few years, that'll learn em :p

Marc

FH is my second home
On the topic of football. Some rumours doing the round

Portugals top scorer Lisandro Lopez whos argentinian to Man united as hes good friends with Anderson and Tevez

Voronin and Sissoko to Juve with Trezeget comming the other way

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Are these January transfer rumours?

Anelka to Stamford Bridge pretty please :p

Celven

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently two British nationalists have been arrested....

I wouldn't be surprised with 0-0, both teams have nothing to play for, yes Roma will want revenge but I think both teams see it as an oppertunity to rest key players - especially in United's case.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
But why oh why have the Utd fans gone there is beyond me after what happened there last season.

Almost certainly to start a fight. I'd be shocked if the fans that got stabbed hadn't been trying to start a fight with someone before the incident happened. I'm sure it was a good opportunity for some drunk idiots to go and try to cause trouble to "make up" for last season.

No sane person would of flown over there purely to see the Manchester United B team play in a practice match knowing there would be some kind of trouble.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Almost certainly to start a fight. I'd be shocked if the fans that got stabbed hadn't been trying to start a fight with someone before the incident happened. I'm sure it was a good opportunity for some drunk idiots to go and try to cause trouble to "make up" for last season.

No sane person would of flown over there purely to see the Manchester United B team play in a practice match knowing there would be some kind of trouble.

Bollocks, lots of diehard fans would take the risk. That goes for any of the top clubs.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Bollocks, lots of diehard fans would take the risk. That goes for any of the top clubs.

I said any sane person.

Someone who's willing to put their life on the line to see a completely unimportant match where the top stars probably won't even get on the plane is not sane.
If there had been a result to play for then yes, i'd expect people to go.

I could of told you a week ago that 99% someone going to Italy would get injured or killed. What exactly did the fans get that was worth that risk? I know United fans that couldn't even be bothered to watch it on TV, in the same way they probably wouldn't if you broadcasted a Man Utd youth team training session.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I said any sane person.

Someone who's willing to put their life on the line to see a completely unimportant match where the top stars probably won't even get on the plane is not sane.
If there had been a result to play for then yes, i'd expect people to go.

I could of told you a week ago that 99% someone going to Italy would get injured or killed. What exactly did the fans get that was worth that risk? I know United fans that couldn't even be bothered to watch it on TV, in the same way they probably wouldn't if you broadcasted a Man Utd youth team training session.

Wanting to go doesn't make you insane and it certainly doesn't mean you were going there to look for trouble. The only thing it says about you is that you adore United and will pay to watch them at any level. Anything else you say is just your interpretation and not how things actually are. 99% of those fans travelling to Rome did not go with the intention of anything other than showing thier support to the club they love. That is a far cry from these facist Ultra's who are little more than organised fighting gangs and don't give a shit about destroying football in thier own country or the negative impression they are giving the rest of the world about Italy.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Have to agree with cHodAX here going to watch an away game dose not make you insane. I have watched Arsenal in some real dodgey places and the potential for trouble dose not enter your head when you book it all up. And then you just think the police will sort it out. Its a shame Italy and Turky ect do not try to stop football violence.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
the potential for trouble dose not enter your head when you book it all up. And then you just think the police will sort it out.

If the potential for trouble didn't enter your head while booking up the ManU Roma tickets then i'd very much call you insane after what happened not only last year but earlier this year.
The police proved pretty much in both those cases that they wern't able to sort it all out.

Some people may have decided to go support their club and not try to get into trouble sure. But claiming that they didn't consider the risk when booking and that they wern't stupid for doing that is just silly.

If I booked an all expenses trip to Iraq then walked about wearing an American flag t-shirt, and when questioned said... oh I hadn't thought that might put me in danger, people would call me utterly stupid. While ManU fans might of been doing it for their passion, it's not that much different to what they really did going to Italy wearing footie shirts.

I don't agree that it should be like that, but that was very much how it is over there at the moment, and while you can complain about the situation, being shocked that there was trouble would be on the same level as being shocked that ManU didn't put out a full first team when you got there.

If people didn't know the risk, they should simply of put in slightly more research before booking the tickets. Personally I think the authorities should step in and do something.. They did it when it was the English doing it afterall. I guess the money they would lose is just too great these days, since that's what it's all about after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom