Football: Roma V Utd

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Ye i mean for the love of god what was he thinking!?!?

P.S. what happened?

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Now we are 1-0 down ffs.

Until we play football like we do in the EPL, we won't be winning CL again for a long time!

Our performances in Europe away have been nothing but disgraceful for years!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Roma are playing with pace and Utd just dont seem to be getting to grips with the multi-ball session being played. One ball out and the ball boys are trained to have it in the Roma players hands in seconds. They need to realise they cant turn their back.

Scholes, as normal making a pointless tackle from behind and getting first booking, he should have known that the ref would give another, especially for such a cynical tackle. No attempt to play the ball, good bye Scholes. Puts us in a world of hurt now.

Silly goal to let in, came from nothing but our inability to stay awake. This second half going to require us to play some good football. We can not just sit back and let them attack, and it important now more then ever to score. If we going to lose it by one goal then it needs to be 2-1. We need that away goal or we will be walking out the competition i fear.

Keitan

Banned
corran lol your posts are allways long :) and yay for the pool tbh :) rafa knows alot about valencia :) and if goes this way pool win CL again:)

chelsea goal down
and man u! how can this week get any better :D

J s p

Loyal Freddie
And now it's kicked off on the terraces!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Keitan,

Unfortunately if Im making a comment about something then it may as well be something that makes sense and semi worth reading instead of a "Lol we are shit!" comment!

Edit! Does this count as a long post? :p

Litmus

Resident Freddy
what a superb built goal from man utd, ronaldo must of gone about 2/3 players and ran 50 yards

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
corran lol your posts are allways long :) and yay for the pool tbh :) rafa knows alot about valencia :) and if goes this way pool win CL again:)

chelsea goal down
and man u! how can this week get any better :D

are you english , you fucking 7 year old prick. If its a english team playing in the CL, you want them to win, unless there playing VS your team, now grow up, and stop being a prick.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
are you english , you fucking 7 year old prick. If its a english team playing in the CL, you want them to win, unless there playing VS your team, now grow up, and stop being a prick.

thats bullshit tbh.. why would anyone want a rival team to be succesful, thus getting more money for players and beating your team in the league?

you saying i should support sunderland if they ever got into europe coz they english?

CLUB > country

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
thats bullshit tbh.. why would anyone want a rival team to be succesful, thus getting more money for players and beating your team in the league?

you saying i should support sunderland if they ever got into europe coz they english?

CLUB > country

You really are a football fan, arnt you. :wanker:

Aada

Part of the furniture
United played very well.

As always Ronaldo played out of his skin.

Great goal for Rooney.

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Well after going down to 10 men and losing a goal, i will take a 2-1 defeat.

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
stop posting in football threads then you might find out.
Go back to the stupid snooker/rugby ones

Keitan, I would scroll back and look threw endless crap that you have posted, but seeing as I cba to spend my time on a stupid little 12 year old, i wont.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Lets stop the pointless bitching Zita and Keitan. Different levels of fans.

I support EVERY BRITISH team in Europe, apart from Chelsea because there are a few things I dont like about them. However if their owner gets fed up they are screwed anyways as they cant afford to pay player wages, let alone ground maintainance etc.

Anyways, Utd. Strong performance in the end but we look weak in defence. but three quarters of it is out injuried so expected. 2nd goal was weak but Edwin cant be slaughtered to much, one bad decision cost him, but then we would be no where near this far without him anyways.

Man Utd goal was amazine. Lovely silky feet from Ronaldo (Gf hates football but was cheering him on and calling him "happy feet" because of how he was playing :p )great cross by solskjear and a clinical finish. A class goal.

2-1 is a score I be happy with, and it was a score i predicted as most likely to begin with. 10 men holding them to that, getting the away goal leaves us in a good position to work from, knowing 1-0 is enough will help them prepare.

Wasnt sure about some the Ref decisions, and the police were taking it too far against some the fans. However Utd fans should not reacted to the taunting.

Look forward to another good week of football next tuesday/wednesday though.

soze

I am a FH squatter
That Ronaldo is your season if he had not come good this year i doubt you would be anywhere atm.

As for club vs country i have never been in for that i will watch a Mank Liverpool or Chel$ki game but i do not have storg feeling either way as to wanting them too win.

The argument in this thread is class everyone knows the little scouser is as blinkered as any football fan can be so Liverpool pwn all ect. But the other guy is a tit for thinking all fans should support a team because they are English.

Stoned Viking

Fledgling Freddie
Inno della Roma!! was a good match but the red card to paul red-hair was maby a bit off... I do fear united at home but hey.. go Roma! \o/

Did anyone watch the footage of the brawl? Man the italian police are sick :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The fans over there know they can do wahtever they want, because when they come to this country they will be respected as humans. The reaction of the italian police who were only on the Utds side was disgraceful. It is typical of a second rate country with regards to football violence abusing fans from a foreign country.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Looking at the pictures from the aftermath of the cops little rampage, it unbelievable that Roma are still allowed to play in European competitions. It is this kind of insane police reaction abroad that continues to make me never want to go to an away match.

When watching the matc and they showed the scenes i was shocked with the fact that they allowed the Roma fans to act like animals towards the Utd fans and done nothing, but the moment the Utd fans started to move over they waded in with batons, no questions asked. It was more shocking when there was a guy no where near the glass, arms spread wide in a "Please stop" gesture and a cop struck at him at least 3 times. Un-bloody-believable. It was so savage.

If England had fans like the Roma Ultra fan's then we would be getting destroyed by world wide media and Fifa/Uefa. Roma get away with it constantly. Last years Uefa cup quarter final, dozen or so british people slashed by roma fans. This happens every time we go over there,and Roma are generally bad.

Was it back in like 1998 that Arsenal played Inter? After the match the Arsenal fans were held in the stadium a couple of hours. When asked why they were being kept in the answer was "Roma fans have turned up and they are now rioting with the Inter fans." If they do that in a game that they have no involvment with what chance have other clubs got?

No doubt, Utd will get a fine and the italian cops a pat on the back for being animals. Personnally I would be withdrawing every single ticket sold to Roma fans and tell them not to travel. Only way can attempt to not have scenes of violence involving them.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
If its a english team playing in the CL, you want them to win, unless there playing VS your team, now grow up, and stop being a prick.

bollocks

as a liverpool fan i'd much rather have man utd and chelski lose as i'd much rather not have to play them later on thank you very much .

Marc

FH is my second home
I can see both United and Chelsea going out. 2-1 away is a bad result for united. For a team like liverpool its not so bad. Liverpool have the ability and the players to then grind out a one nil win. Im not convinced united can. They would have to get an early goal then sit back and defend, which I dont think would work for them, not with the talent Roma has.

As for chelsea, dont know why, but I just cant see them getting past Valencia which is a shame because id love to see Liverpool knock them out in the semis.

Liverpool v Bayern final for me.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I can see both United and Chelsea going out. 2-1 away is a bad result for united. For a team like liverpool its not so bad. Liverpool have the ability and the players to then grind out a one nil win. Im not convinced united can. They would have to get an early goal then sit back and defend, which I dont think would work for them, not with the talent Roma has.

As for chelsea, dont know why, but I just cant see them getting past Valencia which is a shame because id love to see Liverpool knock them out in the semis.

Liverpool v Bayern final for me.

It going to be tough, look back to the original draw thread when i said do not write Roma off. However 2-1 is not a bad result, it much what i expected. United at home are a force to be reckoned with at the moment and as long as we get through the Portsmouth game without more injuries then we got a good chance.

Last night proved that United can grind it out, down to 10 men for two thirds of the match and Roma still couldnt capitalise on it. Yes they got a 2-1 victory but i expect to lose by a single goal anyways so the extra man was not really well used. They had chances against a weak defence and only scored goals that were gifted to them.

At Old Trafford Roma will not have ball boys that doing all they can to help them and hamper man utd. Was so biased last night in that respect. Roma had a ball in hands seconds, if not before the last one out of play. Man utd never got a quick break because the ball boys didnt provide them with a ball. Not complaining much, just funny to watch, especially as this what helped Roma alot, especially the first goal.

Both goals were a mess, first we switched of to the quick play they using and a completed screwed up shot rolls in off a defend. The second one was poor keeping because he should have pushed it to the side with his ability, or at least to the opposite side of the box where it was clear no one following in compared to where he put it.

With Ronaldo fit and playing as glorious as he has been and Rooney putting it back together in Europe as well as Saha hopefully being fully fit again i think we can pinch the single goal win, more to the point they are going to be so fired up it could be a couple of goals victory, i give a better prediction on tuesday though of the score when some assessment has been done of the weekends matches.

Edit:
1-1 at home for chelsea was a bad result, however you can guarentee they will pull at least a scrappy goal out the hat in the second leg. they know that either way they have to score and so they will go out guns blazing and if Drogba and the midfield are in form they will put on a show. I would be afraid if i was valancia, however that is a precious advantage they taking home where they only let in a single goal at in the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom