Football - Premiership quotas

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arsen has just won this argument imo he said the last time England won the world cup was 1966 and between 1966 and 1996 the Premiership had quotas on foreign players. Did they help how did they do in the 7 world cups during that time? When will England and fans face facts the reason we are shit as a country has nothing to do with foreign players.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Kevin keegan will always win any premiership quote compeition with his 'Love It' rant

gohan

FH is my second home
Kevin keegan will always win any premiership quote compeition with his 'Love It' rant

Quota not quote :p as in the maximum foriegners you could ahve in squad ect, used to be 4 non EU iirc? but as EU extends to turkey ect now wouldnt make a massive difference

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I say take half the funds from the transfers of guys like Darren Bent and use it to fund the FA Acaadamy. Oh wait, they shut it down already due to lack of funding. How the hell can you expect kids to be good enough if there is no facilities.

If you look at countries like Africa and Brazil, the kids there have fuck all to do apart from a battered football. Half the time, its all they play. While in the Uk, its all PES 08 and Football Manager!

Marc

FH is my second home
sod the quotas

how bout a law where by young quality midfielders, cant pick up a booking on purpose so they reach the yellow card limit and miss the next game against nobodies like wigan and thus getting their ban out of the way eh Soze?

:D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
could always look at other countries with quota's, like denmark, spain etc... not exactly big winners there either :p

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Lol poor old Arse fans.

You need to face facts, the time is approaching where YOU will have to have british players in the team.

Although time it comes round, Wenger will have left, because he knows it will happen.

Marc

FH is my second home
Anyway its all bullshit because in 74, 76 and 78 england failed to qualify for the major tournaments and there were no foreign players in the english league then.

I dont have a problem with imports, not the quality ones anyway. Its the dog shit ones that shouldnt be here.

Corran

Part of the furniture
aint ever gonna happen.. platini already dropped the issue because EU said they will be in breach of freedom of employment legislation. So if they cant get people outside the EU they will still bring in a lot of the mainland europe players instead of English players which will mean no difference. Wouldnt really affect arsenal that badly either as mostly EU people.

soze

I am a FH squatter
sod the quotas

how bout a law where by young quality midfielders, cant pick up a booking on purpose so they reach the yellow card limit and miss the next game against nobodies like wigan and thus getting their ban out of the way eh Soze?

:D

I like that :)

Lol poor old Arse fans.

You need to face facts, the time is approaching where YOU will have to have british players in the team.

Although time it comes round, Wenger will have left, because he knows it will happen.

Seriously if you thing wender could not adapt you are mistaken. And yeah lets go for it 7 english players per team so 18mil for darren bent becomes a bargin as the top 4 clubs buy every English kid with a bit of talent and the gulf between top and the rest gets bigger. Then we can watch all the money disapear out of the game that will be fun.

The FA have already said no as they know where the money comes from and its not for Owen h the millions of people around the world who watched Arsenal Man u were not watching for english talent but because they league is exciting you take that away and we become scotland.

And i like the way you made a good case by saying Wenger will leave real weak that was.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Totally agree Soze. Football is a business and the Premiership is the best in the world right now. The English games are watched in over 80 countries. Why, because the product is good. It's fast and exciting. Unlike the technically better Italian football.

FA will not accept any change and Seb Blatter is on thin ice with European Law. All they can do is cut the number of non-european players out. They cannot touch European Union citizens. You would not be allowed to take their jobs away. Bozman ruling is law and won't be changed easily, too many ramifications for other industries/businesses.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The Times says the battle of the Emirates was watched by an estimated one billion people, the highest ever TV audience for a Premier League game. A spokesman for the Premier League confirmed that the match was available in 600 million households in 202 countries. As Sir Alex Ferguson said after the 2-2 draw: "No one will be asking for their money back".

If those figures prove correct, more viewers tuned in to watch the Gunners v the Red Devils than switched on for the 2006 World Cup final, which reportedly drew 715.1 million viewers across 214 countries

This is the reason foreign players will go nowhere.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
This is the reason foreign players will go nowhere.

It is a point though. Look at all the English players who didnt get a chance at Arsenal. Bentley, Upson and Pennant are someof the more high profile players I can think of at this moment. Theo Walcott looks the same at the moment, why pay a fortune for a player of Theos quality and do nothing.

Loan him out to another Premiership club or a Championship club, im sure he will soon find his form.

soze

I am a FH squatter
It is a point though. Look at all the English players who didnt get a chance at Arsenal. Bentley, Upson and Pennant are someof the more high profile players I can think of at this moment. Theo Walcott looks the same at the moment, why pay a fortune for a player of Theos quality and do nothing.

Loan him out to another Premiership club or a Championship club, im sure he will soon find his form.

All the players you mentioned would not stay and fight for a place at Arsenal and thats fine. They all moved to another club and are still playing. I do not see why Arsenal are bad guys because the players you mentioned though they were better than they are. Look at Flamini he was gonna do the i need football and leave but he stayed and has grabbed his chance. Theo is getting more and more games for us but he is still very young which people forget we are not ruining him he is 18. I personally would have loaned him this season to get premiership match football but thats me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom