Football Manager 2007

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
It's out, anyone else got it? What do you think?

Some research related problems like Darren Fletcher having some of the highest ratings in the Premiership let alone Man Utd. Aside from the few minor niggles that should be ironed out in the first data update, it is every bit as good as FM2006 if not better, although I have not played it a lot yet.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, got my copy yesterday and just finished my first season. It's great fun, but a few anomalies like Kelvin Davis being worth £8 mill. :p

I don't have a social life to lose this year, fortunately. :drink:

mank!

Part of the furniture
got it yesterday, not played too much yet but i'm loving the improved teamtalk stuff and feeder/parent clubs.

most annoying error so far is swindon's reserve 'keeper being on £6,500 p/w which rapes the wagebill - bit of a fucking stupid error to make

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah Paul Smith's wages were typo'd, it will be fixed in the first patch, they already know about it.

Looks good though, Dirk Kuyt seems to behave just like he does in real life, scoring lots. Not that I am playing as Liverpool or support them but it's nice to see that players are behaving right.

I changed Paul Smiths wages and added Cech/Cudicini's injuries to my database before starting my game.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Mehhhhhh. They weren't injured at the start of the season though ;)

mank!

Part of the furniture
they should have released it at the start of the season then!

the new scouting system is brilliant, far more effective for searching for players.

increased media/player interaction is good fun and has a more noticable effect on players.

i'm just waiting for someone to release some decent skins as the default one is rank.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I quite like the default skin, it's all neat and polished.

The database deadline is quite far infront of the actual release so lots of things didn't get in.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, they usually release a patch within 1 month of retail though, so I expect that won't be too far away. It's more difficult to sign players I find, although its more rewarding due to the benefits of spending that little extra time scouting.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Those more hardcore among us should get together and try a multiplayer game sometime, I've done them before with a friend and they are good fun.

Not as good as the olden days of CM 97/98 when I would go to my friends house and we'd do a couple of seasons together in a day of various leagues, that was a laugh, the banter is great.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Skyler said:
Those more hardcore among us should get together and try a multiplayer game sometime, I've done them before with a friend and they are good fun.

Not as good as the olden days of CM 97/98 when I would go to my friends house and we'd do a couple of seasons together in a day of various leagues, that was a laugh, the banter is great.

I used to play with my brother on 1 computer, and he always played as Newcastle. I signed Shearer on a free whilst he was on the bog, and he chinned me. :p

I'd be interested in an online game though. I'm on 512k, that shouldn't be too much of a problem should it?

Clown

Part of the furniture
About four of us were playing over Hamachi, we didn't get past the first 3 games of the Premiership in 6 hours :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Mobius said:
Yeah, got my copy yesterday and just finished my first season.

Get a bloody job. Honestly, did you come back to this country just to sit at home playing games and sponge of taxpayers?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone know if once the patch comes out and I install it - will it wipe my game saves to that point? And I didnt think you could play online?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I started a game last night on Hamachi with Weevil, Once you get passed the pre season and into the games, there is enough games so that if people that want to change stuff they can do so when another team is playing. Allowing you to click on till the next match :)

I am also getting owned with Everton ffs!!!!

mank!

Part of the furniture
evzy said:
Anyone know if once the patch comes out and I install it - will it wipe my game saves to that point? And I didnt think you could play online?

Your savegame will still work but the updated data etc won't have any effect unless you start a new game.

I'm playing as Real Madrid and am destroying all and sundry.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
What is Hamachi?

I'll be up for a game for sure, the more people the better, as long as we can do it fairly regularly. They move at a pretty fast pace once preseason is over because as you said, most teams can do their stuff while others play. Although, they do recommend all players have "Move matches for TV" off in the options before playing online, so that almost all big games are at the same time, saving you going through multiple games on the same day.

It will run absolutely flawlessly on 512k, it only sends small bits of information. The host machine should be the best machine if possible, but of course it's down to who or what you can connect to.

Anyway, I'd be up for starting a game with people, the more the merrier, ideally Premier League.

Gray

FH is my second home
Quick bit of year-long bumpage!

Since i didnt get this game when it was released [Eh? Usually i always get the FM series even if i dont play em!] i was wondering if anyone knew any sites/people hosting for the 7.0.2/Recent update patch?

Im getting the game tomorrow but for the life of me all of the websites removed the patch and the SiGames download section has been closed temporarily meaning im probably going to be stuck with a buggy edition.

PS- Does anyone have the data update for all transfers etc for July+ 2007?

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeahhh i know, im just getting back into it kinda before FM2008 comes out since i only have 2006 so its quite a bit outdated - and there isnt any dataupdates for that anymore as far as i can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom