[Football] Keitan M.I.A.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Here's my views as a Liverpool fan.

Marc said:
Now we've signed Torres we will win the premiership easily.
Never thought that.. we'll do the traditional English thing of making it look close for a while then blow it.

Marc said:
Carragher is better than Terry
I still think he's a better pure defender. He's probably not a better all round player, but then I think Terry's a twat so..

Marc said:
Liverpools midfield is just as good as barcelona's (what..the...fuck)
Liverpools midfielder is just as good as barcelona's (edited version is true)

Marc said:
Everton are lucky when they beat us.
sometimes that's true, sometimes it isn't.

Marc said:
Pennant should be englands right midfielder
That's very true. The rest of the England team are crap, he should fit in nicely there!

Marc said:
Keitan should go support a different team (or have someone selatape his mouth shut and his hands behind his back) so we don't have to feel quite as ashamed

100% true!

gohan

FH is my second home
About 20 of my mates are all red shite fans and they dont half do my head in.

Now we've signed Torres we will win the premiership easily.
Carragher is better than Terry
Liverpools midfield is just as good as barcelona's (what..the...fuck)
Everton are lucky when they beat us.
Pennant should be englands right midfielder

Are just some of the pearlers they have come out with recently.

At least my man united supporting mates dont look at everything through the club blinkers and can give credit to other teams.

personal id say

Now we've signed Torres we will be decent premiership contenders for once.
Carragher is as good as Terry (but older :<)
Liverpools CENTRAL midfield is just as good as barcelona's (gerrard alonso an masher is better then xavi petit an deco imho)
Everton are lucky when they win any game ever.
Pennant should be Exterminated an we should sigh bentley ^^

Marc

FH is my second home
personal id say

Now we've signed Torres we will be decent premiership contenders for once.
Carragher is as good as Terry (but older :<)
Liverpools CENTRAL midfield is just as good as barcelona's (gerrard alonso an masher is better then xavi petit an deco imho)
Everton are lucky when they win any game ever.
Pennant should be Exterminated an we should sigh bentley ^^

You sound just like my mates.

Gerrard, Alonso and Masherano better than Deco, Iniesta and Xavi/Toure??
Carragher better than Terry? Remind me again whos always been picked ahead of carragher for England when hes fit?

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yes i forgot Liverpool lost their manager who won 6 trophies in 3 years, had all their strikers injured amongst other problems.

Rumours flying around that Rafa's assistant did a lot of the preparation and whatnot for games, now he's gone thats becoming ever more evident.

just lol- feel sorry for ya, even fergies said hes relishing the war back on with wenger, not even giving avram the light of day

and @ lpool, fairly outrageous comments flying about here, why talk so much crap when your yet to win a league for how many years?

carragher just tries THAT hard that hes seen as a good player by the fans (work rate and plays with heart of sleeve etc) when, in all fairness, hes average but hard working

terrys a leader, whether hes talented or not hes still a major boost to the chelsea team- he does have pretty dire positioning sometimes though

nemanja and rio all the way!

in fact im starting to think vidic is the best pure defender in the prem- he's solid as a rock, surprisingly he can play a good long ball, hes got pace and strength in abundance, no striker in the world can be considered a danger physically to him, hes getting cleverer and cleverer in terms of positioning, back line, when to push up/carry ball etc- full of heart- wants to win every game etc, and hes a major threat when talking about set pieces as hes so strong in the air

reminds me of stam

soze

I am a FH squatter
in fact im starting to think vidic is the best pure defender in the prem- he's solid as a rock, surprisingly he can play a good long ball, hes got pace and strength in abundance, no striker in the world can be considered a danger physically to him, hes getting cleverer and cleverer in terms of positioning, back line, when to push up/carry ball etc- full of heart- wants to win every game etc, and hes a major threat when talking about set pieces as hes so strong in the air

Though you were talking about Kolo Toure there ;) Have too agree Vidic was a excelent find but so was Agger.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Though you were talking about Kolo Toure there ;) Have too agree Vidic was a excelent find but so was Agger.

kolos another example of wengers talent unnearthing ability- wasnt he like 650k?

Agger im not that big a fan of, he doesnt dominate a back line the way that a vidic/terry/desaily etc would do, but he is a tidy player agreed, perhaps he'l get there like hyypia did though, in his prime hyypia was a cock to come up against :(

1-0 to the liverpool!

o just to add, serbia to conquer europe in 5 or so years time with a physically superior team to everyone! the U21s looked very promising, and they already have a couple of stars in the main squad who are huge/strong and can play footeh!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
just lol- feel sorry for ya, even fergies said hes relishing the war back on with wenger, not even giving avram the light of day

With what looks like Ten Cate on the way i think we're definately on the way back up.

The stats speak for themselves (granted it was in the dutch league) 41 games, 92 points, over 100 goals and 2 domestic cups, joint first in league, in a year.

Looks good to me :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
With what looks like Ten Cate on the way i think we're definately on the way back up.

The stats speak for themselves (granted it was in the dutch league) 41 games, 92 points, over 100 goals and 2 domestic cups, joint first in league, in a year.

Far to many people doing little bits and pieces for my liking.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Well yeah, i don't have 100% confidence in this 3-pronged managerial outfit. But it certainly beats Avram having sole choice on the matters.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

My dead nan&grandad could win the league with Ajax. Sorry mate but lets be serious here, the dutch league looks much like the Scottish league, it's not "we need to play really well to win the league", but more "we need to beat our only contender in both legs".

Henk Ten Cate HankTin Coat

p.s.

Guardian said:
The Ajax coach, Henk ten Cate, has told Chelsea he will not work under Avram Grant and he has demanded assurances that he would instead be part of a Dutch team headed by Guus Hiddink.
Ten Cate spoke to Chelsea's director of youth development, Frank Arnesen, last week about a move to work with the current assistant manager, Steve Clarke. It is believed Arnesen pledged that Hiddink would eventually follow as manager. However, Chelsea yesterday countered reports in the Netherlands that Hiddink is being lured from his post as Russia manager.

Wikipedia said:
[edit] Managerial career
After his playing career Ten Cate became assistant manager of Fritz Korbach at Go Ahead Eagles, playing in the Eerste Divisie. When Korbach moved to SC Heerenveen in February 1990 Ten Cate took over as a manager. He managed to win period title, which earned an Eerste Divisie side a place in the promotion play-offs at the end of the season. In these play-offs Go Ahead Eagles placed equal with Korbach's SC Heerenveen, but Heerenveen promoted to the Eredivisie on goal difference.

Ten Cate left Go Ahead Eagles and returned to one of the other teams he was active at during his playing career, SC Heracles where he became the assistant of manager Henk van Brussel. When Van Brussel was unable to finish the season due to health problems in November 1990 Ten Cate became the first team manager and led SC Heracles until 1992, when he was told his contract was no longer extended. He moved to the club where his football career started, amateur side FC Rheden and managed them for one year.

In 1993 Go Ahead Eagles appointed Ten Cate yet again as their manager, this time to replace Jan Versleijen who left the club to manage De Graafschap. In his first year he did well, but when Go Ahead Eagles was at the bottom of the Eerste Divisie during the winter break of the 1994-95 season he was fired. Eredivisie side Sparta Rotterdam offered him a contract and he led the team to a sixth position in the Eredivisie in 1996, they also reached the final of the KNVB Cup that year, which was lost to PSV Eindhoven 5-2.

In the 1997-98 winter break Ten Cate switched to manage Vitesse, which he led to their best Eredivisie ranking in their history, a third position with records in both the number of points won as the number of scored goals. After a disappointing start in the following season he left Vitesse and led KFC Uerdingen 05 until March 1999 without success. In the 1999-00 season he managed Hungarian side MTK Hungária FC to win the Hungarian Cup and a runners-up place in the PNB League. He returned to the Netherlands and became manager of NAC Breda which he led until 2003 earning them a spot in the UEFA Cup for the 2003-04 season.

He joined Frank Rijkaard at FC Barcelona and became his assistant manager. Together they managed Barça to a Champions League Trophy and La Liga title. In 2006 he replaced Danny Blind as manager at Ajax, where he won the Johan Cruijff-schaal in 2006 and 2007 and the KNVB Cup in 2007. Ajax finished equal on points with PSV Eindhoven in the Eredivisie in 2006, only to be denied the championship by a single goal in goal difference.

In early October 2007, Ten Cate was strongly linked to taking over as assistant manager to Avram Grant at Chelsea. On October 8, 2007 Ajax announced on their website to have reached an agreement with Chelsea about ten Cate's immediate transfer to the London side, noting also the deal was still to be finalized.[1]

He did well with Ajax (its hard not too), was with Rijkaard when Barca won the champions league (Barca are amazing, plus how much was down to Rijkaard and not Tin Can)

This guy will either do really well, or suck major balls....and I think cHodAX needs a good clean!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
You could also argue Bahumat that Barcelona have gone downhill since that Champions league win and La liga title after Cate left, and Ajax have gone up and up (i'm not disputing that it's not the most competitive league in the world).

However the only thing that'll tell us is time.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
My dead nan&grandad could win the league with Ajax

Your dead nan alone could do a better job than avram, which is the point at hand.

Even if avram is a fairly good manager (which according to the israeli team he isnt, in fact havn't seen a good word about him thus far- though he hasnt been in charge of chelsea long enough to conclude too much)-

he's taken control under such dubious and "back-handed" conditions, ousting mourihno which boils down to general discontent and fan-hatred towards him

chelski need something to get them going again or it will be a pretty bleak season

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Well to be fair to Avram how many players were out when he took over? plus all the shite that was going on when Mourinho left.

Last 2 games he has had most players back and they have won in Valencia and at Bolton..

Chelsea have been more or less written off by most now to win the league, they could well have the last laugh in May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom