{Football} Grand Slam Sunday

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
As from tomorrow I will be away for a while.

What's everyones predictions for sunday..

Mine is :-

Utd 2 - 0 Liverpool
Chelsea 1 - 1 Arsenal

soze

I am a FH squatter
I will not tell you what my head thinks but my heart thinks

Man U 1 - 1 Liverpool
Chel$ki 1 - 2 Arsenal

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
My heart says...

United States 2 - 1 The Spanish

The Russians 1 - 1 The French

but my head says...

United States 2 - 2 The Spanish

The Russians 2 - 1 The French

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Don't be such a bummer CockAXe :(

yeah, the spaniards are in a good streak, but I see United going out as winner with a 2-1

And hopefully a dull 0-0 at The Bridge, cause none of the teams dared to take any chances :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Didn't you know we play free flowing extensive attacking football since Grant took over Cokenoze :eek::p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Didn't you know we play free flowing extensive attacking football since Grant took over Cokenoze :eek::p

For the last 30 minutes in our last game we plyed some great football between us

megadave

I am a FH squatter
woot woot its today, come on liverpool and chelsea to both win :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Not been the most exciting game as of yet but been some great play and been enjoyable anyways.

Lovely ball in by Rooney but Reina seems like he was on the lash last night as he made so many mistakes. Think it time to stick Brown as centre forward. With luck like that allowing you to score with your back who needs skillful forwards :D

As for the sending off... predictable and credit to the ref for having the guts to do it. After the first booking I said he wouldnt last the match, after the first time he swore at the ref after the booking I said he would probably get booked for dissent... and he did.

Lets see if united can make the most of this opportunity and smash Liverpool in the second half... however that is not gonna be easy for us to do as they are a compact unit as is, and they will be even tighter

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Part 1 : Job done

Part 2 : 22 battered and broken bodies on the pitch please ;)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Hope this match finishes 1-1 but chelsea looking dangerous... the moment Arsenal scored I knew Drogba would equalise.

Been pretty interesting match even though not many clear cut chances. Arsenal want to pass it in the net like last year

Vladamir

FH is my second home
He's here, he's there. we're not allowed to swear

DROGBAAAAAAA, DROGBAAAAA :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Well, Grant actually made decent substitution for a change... other then Balletti as I cant remember him touching the ball.. Anelka certainly managed to help stir things up.

Credit to Chelsea for stepping up the gear, shame they played like old school wimbledon half the match... but with the strength of Drogba I guess you cant blame them.

Is this the end of Arsenal's challenge? Could be interesting but a result against United for them and a draw between chelsea and united will certainly close things up again. Definately gonna be a great run in but this was definately a good day of Fergi's men.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Draw would have been best for us but regardless the gap is 5 points. :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Well, Grant actually made decent substitution for a change... other then Balletti as I cant remember him touching the ball.. Anelka certainly managed to help stir things up.

Credit to Chelsea for stepping up the gear, shame they played like old school wimbledon half the match... but with the strength of Drogba I guess you cant blame them.

Is this the end of Arsenal's challenge? Could be interesting but a result against United for them and a draw between chelsea and united will certainly close things up again. Definately gonna be a great run in but this was definately a good day of Fergi's men.

Belleti actually crossed the ball for the second goal.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Offside goal second week in a row our luck is not in at the moment.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Nothing better than a quality roast dinner and a win over your dirty bitter rivals :D

loved the commentry from the manu/liverpool match as well, cant beleive that guy has stayed in the job so long :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
andy gray still moaning fucking tosser.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have just read on another forum going on about Arsenal kids bottling it when we lose two goals one was offside. I do not think we are playing badly at the moment its just stuffs not going our way. Next 5 games decide our season Bolton , Liverpool x3, Man U unless we win at OT i think we are out of it.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I have just read on another forum going on about Arsenal kids bottling it when we lose two goals one was offside. I do not think we are playing badly at the moment its just stuffs not going our way. Next 5 games decide our season Bolton , Liverpool x3, Man U unless we win at OT i think we are out of it.

Don't think you bottled it, think the problem is since you lost Eduardo you are now reliant on Adebayor a bit much to create something. Eduardo add that little something more, and also was happy to strike it from outside the box. Cant remember how many times today Hleb decided to pass instead of having a shot from 20yrds. Often led to losing the ball.

Another problem which has now crept back into the Arsenal game is playing narrow. You were at your strongest when you had people out wide putting the crosses in to Adebayor however recently that seemed to dissappear and everyone wants to come inside.

A win at OT is a must for Arsenal, however I think the 3 Liverpool games in a week are going to make or break your season. If you get the result in the champions league first leg then I reckon you win the league game as Benetiz will rest alot of players that weekend for the second leg. Even if you take a draw he will rest a number of players. You cant afford to lose it though really. As much as I enjoyed Arsenal competing in the league I think it may be a step to much as I cant see both Man Utd and Chelsea failing from this point. If one does the other wont.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Don't think you bottled it, think the problem is since you lost Eduardo you are now reliant on Adebayor a bit much to create something. Eduardo add that little something more, and also was happy to strike it from outside the box. Cant remember how many times today Hleb decided to pass instead of having a shot from 20yrds. Often led to losing the ball.

Another problem which has now crept back into the Arsenal game is playing narrow. You were at your strongest when you had people out wide putting the crosses in to Adebayor however recently that seemed to dissappear and everyone wants to come inside.

A win at OT is a must for Arsenal, however I think the 3 Liverpool games in a week are going to make or break your season. If you get the result in the champions league first leg then I reckon you win the league game as Benetiz will rest alot of players that weekend for the second leg. Even if you take a draw he will rest a number of players. You cant afford to lose it though really. As much as I enjoyed Arsenal competing in the league I think it may be a step to much as I cant see both Man Utd and Chelsea failing from this point. If one does the other wont.

Have to agree.

Eduardo added an extra threat which Van Persie can add but not while he is suffering from lack of fitness. As for the always an extra pass it drives me nuts lost count the amount of times Cesc got the ball surrounded by 4 Chel$ki defenders.

Biggest mistake of today was when Sangna got injured instead of Walcott on he put Diaby in that was too negative and i think moved the team around too much and cost us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom