Football: Farewell Antonio

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Last Saturday at Spanish 'La Liga', Sevilla FC player, Antonio Puerta felt down after an offensive play against Getafe CF.

He suffered a heart attack, however, doctors reanimated him and even he walked out of the grass by his own feet.

After that at the lcoker room he suffered another attack and left the stadium by ambulance.

Sadly, he has died a few minutes ago :(

A little tribute to this fantastic player: YouTube - Antonio Puerta
[youtubevid]5q6u37rQXrw[/youtubevid]

R.I.P. Antonio :( :(

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I was watching the match when it happened :( it was horrible

R.I.P.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
RIP, very very sad for an elite athlete to die at such a young age :(

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
I have to also add this in to the post, for he is not the only footballer to die this week. I am not sure if it has already been posted as I have not exactly checked.

Ray Jones, a young 18 year old striker and England international at youth level, was killed in a car crash on his way to play for Queens Park Rangers. From a lot of reports he was a talented, useful player.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Think I saw a TV program about these sudden deaths to young, healthy elite athletes, their conclusion was that painkillers may have caused it.

RIP.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I have to also add this in to the post, for he is not the only footballer to die this week. I am not sure if it has already been posted as I have not exactly checked.

Ray Jones, a young 18 year old striker and England international at youth level, was killed in a car crash on his way to play for Queens Park Rangers. From a lot of reports he was a talented, useful player.

A young Wallsall lad collapsed on the training ground and died this weekend too

georgie

FH is my second home
Ray Jones, a young 18 year old striker and England international at youth level, was killed in a car crash on his way to play for Queens Park Rangers.

He was on his way to play for QPR at midnight?

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Think I saw a TV program about these sudden deaths to young, healthy elite athletes, their conclusion was that painkillers may have caused it.

RIP.

They said the reason very well could be the big use of arthritis drugs for young players.
But couldn't prove anything.
I remember being a young elite football player in a danish top club and how we got handed arthritis drugs for everything. We had access to them our self if we wanted any to bring home.

Even had a friend of mine at the age of 18 die from a heart attack at a football tournament.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
:( Very very sad news, last I heard he was in hospital which I thought would mean he was going to be ok. Terrible for such a young man to die like this.

Rest in peace Antonio.

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
What is going on with football players this week? The home match of my team, Nottingham Forest against Leicester City had to be called off because a Leicester City defender collapsed suddenly in the dressing room. Rumours are rife that his heart stopped and had to be defibed.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Antonio Puerta son will born in 1 or 2 months so its even more sad :(

Descansa en paz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom