[Football] Dida banned

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
Dida's been banned for 2 games and Celtic fined 25k, fair punishment? personally think dida should get a couple more

*edit* sorry forgot the "football" tag :(

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
should never be allowed on a football field again imo

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I agree, the ban is a great way to stick two fingures up at all the cheats in the footballing world.

Now, if they banned all the divers too, the football world would be a better place, and Chelski would be playing Leeds in League one!

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I just don't get what the hell he was thinking, sure, take a dive, but bloody hell do it when it happens! don't run a bit then fake..

no I don't like divers, just when people take a dive when the actually incidence happen it make sense

Nate

FH is my second home
There obviously trained to do it, but it just doesn't come naturally for some as they focus on more important parts of the game.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think two games is good enough as you can't get sent off for diving only a yellow.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
difference is with diving your trying to get a free kick/pen or someone sent off at the worst, what dida done was try and get the game abandoned and awarded the match

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Career on ice and stretchered off the field for two games is hardly fair imo. 3 month ban would have been better for such unsportsman like behavior!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
6 game ban minimum to be honest, a two game ban doesn't scare people enough not to try it again.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
6 game ban minimum to be honest, a two game ban doesn't scare people enough not to try it again.

Exactly, this was uefa's chance to crack down on the whole play acting thing but instead they bottled it

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Well its a start and at least they did something about it. Hopefully the message will get out and we'll start to see less of this crap.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Celtic shouldn't be allowed to play on their stadium, untill they get their security sorted.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
think his dive was worse due to the denmark/sweden incident being so resent.
so ye he was trying to have the game awarded to milan by 3-0 and that makes a two day ban look abit "light" but at least they'r trying to send a message..

Milan challenging the ban however really leaves a bad taste imo

soze

I am a FH squatter
Celtic shouldn't be allowed to play on their stadium, untill they get their security sorted.

A fan slapping a players is not as bad as fans killed In Turkey Poland Italy and then police officers getting killed. They can not take action against Celtic with all the fan trouble in the rest of europe.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
A fan slapping a players is not as bad as fans killed In Turkey Poland Italy and then police officers getting killed. They can not take action against Celtic with all the fan trouble in the rest of europe.

They did it against Denmark tho :eek:

But I guess it's different when it's the judge getting attacked..

Olgaline

FH is my second home
They did it against Denmark tho :eek:

But I guess it's different when it's the judge getting attacked..

yes it actually is differrent when the reff gets attacked.
doesnt change the fact that I think the Fine/slap is more apropriate and denmark should have resived the same punishment, as it was a freak accourence, and the first time there has ever been a security issue during a DK home match. the 3 game ban seemed imo utterly stupid!

Ban for the Fan, Fine for the Club & 2 game ban for Dida, seems absolutly correct imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom