{Football} Craziness at Man City!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Unbelievable isn't it.

Man City were mid-table mediocrity before Sven (and obviously the investment) came along. Who's likely to want to manage them if its chop and change every year?

ileks

Part of the furniture
wow, didn't expect that. It has to be for reason we don't know tho, he has done well football wise.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Stupid really though - Sven bought in players to suit his style of play as a manager. The players seemingly have played quite well together, especially in the first half of the season.

New manager comes in, changes half the squad again and they're back to square one and finish in the same position as this year, process repeats itself.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly, same can be said for Newcastle - a team respectivley going nowhere anytime soon, not gonna win a major league anytime soon. So why bother sacking the manager, gonna run out og 'em eventually and give the club a bad rep for protecting their managers.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
wow, didn't expect that. It has to be for reason we don't know tho, he has done well football wise.

No it doesn't. This Sinatra bloke is just clearly a nutjob.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
It will only get worse over time too, soon enough every EPL team will be owned by big money spending boss all wanting the same thing, to win the league. So soon it will be 20 teams expecting to win the league because they've all spent XXXXX millions on new players.

So IMO the new thing will be to sack a manager every year when they dont meet expectation, which will deffo happen has 20 teams cant finish the top 4.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Yeah as a City fan i'm mystified. We're getting a top ten finish this season, and last year we were down at the arse end in the relegation fight (again :) ). It's his first season, and he's always stated he needed to bring more players in to build up the team. Including this transfer window, saying more work is needed. The fans understand this, why can't the owner.

It's a football club, not a toy.

PS Thanks for the flattery there Vlad, but the few seasons before that i don't think we could even be called mid table in all honesty.

Corran

Part of the furniture
My guess, after spending 46million he expected something a bit better then what they achieved since christmas. Been quite absymal at times.

Sven has invested the money poorly in some area (9million on bianchi, lol) and forgot to invest where needed (hello, where is the defence backup?)

Probably it a mix of a few things like this, often a poor style of football etc etc that led towards this decision. Yes it probably is a harsh decision but if he gonna splash out another 50million in the summer (maybe will, maybe wont), then it could be he just dont trust it to be a good investment in sven's hands.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
sometimes wonder though if sven plays FM, i swear all the players hes bought this year have been players i usually buy on FM! and they are amazing, but obviously not worked for him! lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom