Football: CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

soze

I am a FH squatter
oh, so you finally managed to win vs Umeå ? :worthy:
i guess they won to much the last couple of years, everyone get "tired" of winning to much. But still apparently it was the ref that decided the umeå-arsenal game to arsenal favour :p

Nope it was the arsenal goalkeeper ;) She played out of this world from the repots i hear i did not get to see either Uefa game. I did think as arsenal were at home that day they should have played the ssecond leg at the Emirates and let everyone with a ticket in early :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
It was quite a comfortable win for them in the Uefa final in the end, didnt see it all but it was really the keeper that helped them out alot. But they a solid team so didnt need any help from the ref

Keitan

Banned
Vs Fulham

Reina
Arbeloa
Paletta
Hyypia
Insua (Finnan)
Pennant (El Zhar)
Alonso
Sissoko (Kewel)
Fowler
Bellamy

Bar Paletta, Insua and El Zhar they're all first team players.

Vs Portsmouth

Dudek
Arbeloa
Hyypia
Paletta
Insua
Sissoko (El Zhar)
Alonso
Zenden
Gonzalez (Pennant)
Fowler
Bellamy

Same as above.

Talk more shit you little scouse prick :)

alert retard
alert
alert

El Zhar and Insua arnt first team players noob :) they are reserve team players atm.. or the pointless games that we dont need to win ;) anyway . man u lost to west fucking ham this seasonl... and chelsea lost.. so stop saying OHH LIVERPOOL LOST TO FULHAM AND POMPEY

soze

I am a FH squatter
alert retard
alert
alert

El Zhar and Insua arnt first team players noob :) they are reserve team players atm.. or the pointless games that we dont need to win ;) anyway . man u lost to west fucking ham this seasonl... and chelsea lost.. so stop saying OHH LIVERPOOL LOST TO FULHAM AND POMPEY

Hum the word bar is like excluding. So he said excluding those players. Hence you have just made a huge tit of yourself :( Sorry

Corran

Part of the furniture
alert retard
alert
alert

See Soze post, no need for me to repeat him. You need to read what people say and understand it before you talk. Clearly you just mad yourself look stupid again, which is a habit for you :p

To be the best in Europe, the actual best and not Champions league, you have to perform consistantly and beat teams week in, week out. This is something that Liverpool currently do not do, as such they are not the best in Europe. They have lost a lot of games this season, and we not talking by a goal here and there. They have been totally out played and out skilled in alot of their loses. Therefore they can not claim to be the best in Europe. Same as AC Milan can not claim it, being that they are what? 28 points or something behind Serie A leaders. Both teams have admittidly got to the final, so they got results in the Champs league, but they are not the best in Europe.

P.s. Hate to say it, but if we go on current form I fear that will go to Real Madrid, they were written of for the league however in the last couple months they pulled of some great performances. If they performed how they are now for the rest of the season they would have worked La Liga.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
alert retard
alert
alert

Hence i said excluding those players you tard :)

Liverpool lost to Pompey, Fulham, Everton, Chelsea twice, Bolton, United twice, Arsenal twice, Blackburn, Newcastle.

To be the best in europe you can't win some 15-20 matches in Europe, you have to play well in your domestic league too. The best teams in each league don't lose some 12 times or more in a season.

Calo

Part of the furniture
See Soze post, no need for me to repeat him. You need to read what people say and understand it before you talk. Clearly you just mad yourself look stupid again, which is a habit for you :p

To be the best in Europe, the actual best and not Champions league, you have to perform consistantly and beat teams week in, week out. This is something that Liverpool currently do not do, as such they are not the best in Europe. They have lost a lot of games this season, and we not talking by a goal here and there. They have been totally out played and out skilled in alot of their loses. Therefore they can not claim to be the best in Europe. Same as AC Milan can not claim it, being that they are what? 28 points or something behind Serie A leaders. Both teams have admittidly got to the final, so they got results in the Champs league, but they are not the best in Europe.

P.s. Hate to say it, but if we go on current form I fear that will go to Real Madrid, they were written of for the league however in the last couple months they pulled of some great performances. If they performed how they are now for the rest of the season they would have worked La Liga.

I think if liverpool plays at their best (like they did vs barca) they would win vs alot of teams, even man utd etc. Its just, they lose when they aren't playing at their top while man utd wins alot of games even tho they played absolutly shit.

Bit like barca. Sometimes their game is just horrible and then in the end messi does some wondertrick and wopla goal..

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Charlton join the relegation list, shame really because i really like Charlton & Pardew :mad:

Now i wanna see Wigan take 18th place :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
I think if liverpool plays at their best (like they did vs barca) they would win vs alot of teams, even man utd etc. Its just, they lose when they aren't playing at their top while man utd wins alot of games even tho they played absolutly shit.

Bit like barca. Sometimes their game is just horrible and then in the end messi does some wondertrick and wopla goal..

Liverpool have to play their best and hope that their opponents (if talking about the top teams) dont play at their absolute best. No disrespect to the club, but taken player for player, they are actually generally a sub par team. They lack creative players and their strength comes from defence which leads to dull football, and relying on defending can actually lead to problems because if you do go behind then it a struggle to get back in it.

The fact is, to be the best in Europe means that you get the results. It doesnt matter if you playing at your best or not. A good team manages to pull out wins when they are sub par. Chelsea often show this, and that is why they were champions for the past 2 seasons.

Liverpool got a great bases for a team though, and if they can indeed get a couple of top notch creative players then they will indeed be a force to reckon with, but for now they are no where near the best team in Europe.

And if Keitan wants to go on about Liverpool being the best in Europe, then Vlad pointed out why that cant be so when they are way of the pace in England alone. If wants to do it based on limited teams played, then the best team in England is infact Arsenal, because when it comes to the top 4 clubs in head to heads it is them that have picked up the most points.

You need to look at the larger picture, currently in England the best team is indeed Man United, they consistantly perform and get results no matter how poorly they play by their standards. In Europe though, I think it is tough to say who it is but like I said above, on current form I think Madrid got a big shout.

Waiting on the Champs league final though, even with supporters like Keitan, I will still be cheering on the English side and hoping they get a victory. But it is not going to be the same as 2 years ago and Milan wont be doing Liverpool any favours. But if they can shut Kaka out they got a good chance, and with their defencive nature that is actually a possibility.

gohan

FH is my second home

Liverpool lost to Pompey, Fulham, Everton, Chelsea twice, Bolton, United twice, Arsenal twice, Blackburn, Newcastle.

To be the best in europe you can't win some 15-20 matches in Europe, you have to play well in your domestic league too. The best teams in each league don't lose some 12 times or more in a season.

actauly we beat arsenal 4-0 in the prem an chelsea 2-0 we did lose to arse in league cup an FA cup an ofc chelski in first leg of semi's but if if your talking about the leauge niether did the double over us

Vladamir

FH is my second home
actauly we beat arsenal 4-0 in the prem an chelsea 2-0 we did lose to arse in league cup an FA cup an ofc chelski in first leg of semi's but if if your talking about the leauge niether did the double over us

I was referring to the domestic teams in general.

Hmm, it says you beat us 3-0 in your original post, but it's quoted it as 2 (which is correct). Strange.

Eitherway as long as Keitan brings up retarded remarks ill have to keep proving him wrong, apologies to you other scouse fans :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

They are just chillaxing for ze Championes League and we all know it.. If they cba they would win The Premiership every year, but hey? Where's the fun in that?

:rolleyes:

soze

I am a FH squatter
This is easy to solve Liverpool are not the best in europe because if the Champions League worked how it should IE just the champions rather than as many teams as they can to milk the money. Liverpool would not have seen the compititon in 17 years.

gohan

FH is my second home
ouch :S

in fairness if it was the "champions" league it would only have like 10 sides an only 4 from good leagues (germany england spain an italy)

would be quite dull

would make the eufa cup more interesting than the champions league

soze

I am a FH squatter
ouch :S

in fairness if it was the "champions" league it would only have like 10 sides an only 4 from good leagues (germany england spain an italy)

would be quite dull

would make the eufa cup more interesting than the champions league

Yeah the Uefa would become a real cup rather than just the place teams that fail to make it past the group stage go

Corran

Part of the furniture
Yeah the Uefa would become a real cup rather than just the place teams that fail to make it past the group stage go

Uefa cup rocks... the club that got demoted out the Scottish premier league will be playing in it next season. How i love that competition in its current form.. heh.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Uefa cup rocks... the club that got demoted out the Scottish premier league will be playing in it next season. How i love that competition in its current form.. heh.

Didn't Milwall get in too?? Milwall vs the Italian Ultras how much fun :)

gohan

FH is my second home

fair play award? or they win the cup? rember a few seasons ago (like 6-7) when ipswitch got relegated but played in europe next season cos of fair paly award lol

ipswitch v inter milan FTW

Corran

Part of the furniture
fair play award? or they win the cup? rember a few seasons ago (like 6-7) when ipswitch got relegated but played in europe next season cos of fair paly award lol

ipswitch v inter milan FTW

They got in it for reaching a cup final vs Celtic. As celtic qualified for the champs league via winning the league they gave the Uefa spot to the other finalist.

Still, said teams wont get very far unless they get an extremely lucky draw through the initial qualifying stage

Didn't Milwall get in too?? Milwall vs the Italian Ultras how much fun :)

They got in the 05/06 season iirc after meeting Man Utd in the FA cup final in 04/05. They just given the placement from the FA cup to 7th place in the league this year if i remember correct due to Utd/Chelsea being in Champs league which stops that being an issue for the English placement. That said, could have half the damn prem in Europe this season.

4 places champ league -1st to 4th in league.
3 places Uefa - 5th - 7th in league
1 place via inter tota cup (sp!)
1 place from fair play lottery

So there possability of 9 out of 20 clubs in Europe, which is actually kind of rediculous when you think of what some other countries get.

Corran

Part of the furniture
They got in the 05/06 season iirc after meeting Man Utd in the FA cup final in 04/05. .

Minus a year from each of them and it should be correct. Realised after I posted that I probably got it wrong.. It 04/05 season they actually played in the Eufa cup I think. Still may be wrong though.

Maybe i be quiet now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom