[Football] Big Games Today

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so we're halfway into the united scouseefforts game, gotta say, its playing out like I expected

The merseyside bunch can't really play football and live off scuffed through balls (still feel sorry for torres) and united play dainty football but not really looking THAT dangerous, though we nicked one which has basically put me in a jubilant mood

Anyways, to the point of the thread.... WTF IS THE REFEREE DOING

theres been at least 3 challenges on Anderson that I'd consider dangerous, one of Gerrard's (Ha england Talisman) efforts looked very ugly, career ending ugly if it had crunched differently, and the same kind of thing again on Ronaldo and Evra, why is the referee refusing to do ANYTHING about this? Granted its liverpools style to stifle better teams and wear them down (and thats failing) but they surely cant be allowed to get away with obviously dangerous/challenges with intent. Me thinks crowd is swaying a fair few of the decisions :(

Anyways, predictions for the London derby anyone?

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Ok so we're halfway into the united scouseefforts game, gotta say, its playing out like I expected

The merseyside bunch can't really play football and live off scuffed through balls (still feel sorry for torres) and united play dainty football but not really looking THAT dangerous, though we nicked one which has basically put me in a jubilant mood

Anyways, to the point of the thread.... WTF IS THE REFEREE DOING

theres been at least 3 challenges on Anderson that I'd consider dangerous, one of Gerrard's (Ha england Talisman) efforts looked very ugly, career ending ugly if it had crunched differently, and the same kind of thing again on Ronaldo and Evra, why is the referee refusing to do ANYTHING about this? Granted its liverpools style to stifle better teams and wear them down (and thats failing) but they surely cant be allowed to get away with obviously dangerous/challenges with intent. Me thinks crowd is swaying a fair few of the decisions :(

Anyways, predictions for the London derby anyone?

Well basically the main aim is to put the ball in the net and we have done that! fuck knows what VDS was doing for the two chances for Liverscum.

Highlight of the 1st half was Anderson making Gerrard look shite..

Still 45 mins to go, will be nervous stuff no doubt!

As for Arse v Chels can see it getting nasty as there is hirtory there, and probably end 0-0 or Arse will pinch it as being without Drogba is a massive loss for Chels.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
...............…………..„--~~""”¯¯¯””~~-„
…………………..„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::”~,
……………….„~”\,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::”-,
…………….../;;;;;;|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\
……………..|;;;;;;;/:::::::””~~--::::::::::::::-~~”::\
……………./”~,;;/:::::::/¯¯¯¯¯’\:::::::::::/’¯¯¯¯’\
…………….\ º: ¯::::::::\ . . • . ,/::::::::::\„ . • . ,/
……………/’::::::::::::::::”~~~”:::::/””~::::’\”~~”.::’\,
………….../:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::’\,__„„/’:::::::::::’\
…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::„----„_„---,::::::::::\
…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::„~"----„__„„-“::::::::: |---------------- ---
…………..|::::::::::::::::::::::::::/’;;;;;;;;;/::::::::::::::::: |…Arseanal is going to win 2-1
………..„~”\:::::::::::::::::::::::::\__;;;;;;\--„::::::::::::::/------------- -----
……..,-“;:;\ .\,::::::::::::::::::::::::’\„_¯¯¯„-“:::::::::::::/
….„~”;:\;:;:;\, .”~„::::::::::::::::::::::::¯¯¯:::::::::::::,-“;\
.,~”;:;:;:;\;:;:;:”-, . ”~--„:::::::::::::~--„„___„„~“::::„-‘ . |;:'\”~-„
“;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:;:;:;”-, . . .”~~---„„„„_______„„„--~” . ./ |;:;:’\;:;”-,
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\____;:;”-, ~-„ . . . . . . . . /;;;;;’\, . . .,/ . |;:,~”;:;:;”-,
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;/;:;:;:;”~, “~-„_ . . . /„;;;;;;;/”-„~” . . |;:;”~„;:;:;:;’\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . .¯”~-’ . “~,;;;’\ . . . . .|;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;’\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~--„;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . . . .|;;;;;;’\ . . . |;:;:;:;/;:;:”~,;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~--„;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . |;;;;;;;;’\, . .|;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;’\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:;:”~„ .|;;;;;;;;;;;”~,|;:;:;/;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:”~„;;;;;;;;;;;;/;:;,/’ ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;”~„;;;;;;/;:,/;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\'\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~-„’\,;/ ,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯\„/;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;;o;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:::;;|;:;:;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;:;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;:;|
_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;|
;:;¯””~~--„„_|_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;o;:;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;|-~/
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯””~~----„„„__;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;|~“

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Oh I just love playing at Anfield :)

Poor Liverpool 9 points behind, and still have to go to Old Trafford, Emirates and Stamford Bridge, Enjoy :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
...............…………..„--~~""”¯¯¯””~~-„
…………………..„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::”~,
……………….„~”\,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::”-,
…………….../;;;;;;|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\
……………..|;;;;;;;/:::::::””~~--::::::::::::::-~~”::\
……………./”~,;;/:::::::/¯¯¯¯¯’\:::::::::::/’¯¯¯¯’\
…………….\ º: ¯::::::::\ . . • . ,/::::::::::\„ . • . ,/
……………/’::::::::::::::::”~~~”:::::/””~::::’\”~~”.::’\,
………….../:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::’\,__„„/’:::::::::::’\
…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::„----„_„---,::::::::::\
…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::„~"----„__„„-“::::::::: |---------------- ---
…………..|::::::::::::::::::::::::::/’;;;;;;;;;/::::::::::::::::: |…Arseanal is going to win 2-1
………..„~”\:::::::::::::::::::::::::\__;;;;;;\--„::::::::::::::/------------- -----
……..,-“;:;\ .\,::::::::::::::::::::::::’\„_¯¯¯„-“:::::::::::::/
….„~”;:\;:;:;\, .”~„::::::::::::::::::::::::¯¯¯:::::::::::::,-“;\
.,~”;:;:;:;\;:;:;:”-, . ”~--„:::::::::::::~--„„___„„~“::::„-‘ . |;:'\”~-„
“;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:;:;:;”-, . . .”~~---„„„„_______„„„--~” . ./ |;:;:’\;:;”-,
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\____;:;”-, ~-„ . . . . . . . . /;;;;;’\, . . .,/ . |;:,~”;:;:;”-,
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;/;:;:;:;”~, “~-„_ . . . /„;;;;;;;/”-„~” . . |;:;”~„;:;:;:;’\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . .¯”~-’ . “~,;;;’\ . . . . .|;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;’\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~--„;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . . . .|;;;;;;’\ . . . |;:;:;:;/;:;:”~,;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~--„;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . |;;;;;;;;’\, . .|;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;’\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:;:”~„ .|;;;;;;;;;;;”~,|;:;:;/;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:”~„;;;;;;;;;;;;/;:;,/’ ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;”~„;;;;;;/;:,/;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\'\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~-„’\,;/ ,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯\„/;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;;o;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:::;;|;:;:;|
_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;|
;:;¯””~~--„„_|_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;o;:;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;|-~/
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯””~~----„„„__;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;|~“

Wow, Rafa looks like he lost some weight!

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
It's his son, Keitan Benitez. Just wait and see, you'll see several "omigod arsenal is winning, yay" posts from him, within the next few centuries.

Corran

Part of the furniture
It was a scrappy match, hard fought win for Man Utd.

Anderson was solid again, though he not shown the goal scoring ability he has yert, he has shown how much of a fighter he is and his defencive side is much more solid then I thought possible for him.

Liverpool lacked any real ideas, I actually forgot Torres was on the field that second half, did he even touch the ball in the last half hour?

Was a fiesty match for sure as normal, and Benetiz looking as poor as ever, still has not beaten utd in the league, and its what, 5loses and a draw at Anfield? That is why they will not win the league. Until they can beat the other top teams they will always fall down as they loss to many points to them in the head to heads.

Now they lost 2 on the bounce, lets see how the rest of december goes. This will be a telling time for Liverpool to see how much of a fighter they are.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
First post crying about the challenges on Anderson, Evra and Ronaldo is zzzz. Evra's yellow card was slightely harsh, but there were no bad challenges on him, Anderson played well and got under Gerrards skin and i cant remember anything to do with Ronaldo apart from when he ran into Arbeloa.

Panned out exactly as i feared it would, we always play the same against United at home. We have lots of posession, yet fail to create clear cut chanes and then concede with questionable defending at set peices. United deserved to win, no doubt, they looked like they could do something when they had the ball and we didnt cause them much problems apart from the ones VDS created for us. Benetiz cant get the measure of United, because they dont have a pre set system. They play close to total football with very very good players in most positions. Too many long balls from us with Gerrard trying to play a killer long ball too often. Especially after we went 1-0 down. People always say, haha Liverpool always lose to the top 3, but to me its not suprising. How many Liverpool players would have got into Man U team. Gerrard and Torres, perhaps Reina and Masherano. Same for Arsenal and Chelsea. While we are still fielding scrubs like Arbeloa, Benayoun and Kewell we are not going to win the league.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Am I right in saying that at the end of the arsenal vs chelsea game that cashley cole was not booked?

If that is the case then surely he about to be hit with a 3 match ban for violant conduct forr the punch on Fabragas. Ok it was a bad challenge by fab, but reacting like that should have been an instant red card, end of game or not. So hopefully the FA will issue the punishment it deserved.

As for the man utd game, must say i was dissappointed in the ref at times, but in front of the Kop you are never gonna get the better deal. He didnt do to bad mind you all in all considering the circumstances.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
he was very good in periods, 60-90mins didnt put a foot wrong (the ref) imo, but that was when the kop died down, I just think you should go into a game like that knowing that you're going to get some stick from the crowd, and almost pay extra attention to the fact your not letting it effect your decisions

/shrug I've never referee'd a big game though so cant really comment

agree with yah on the liverpool situation, but it's not THAT easy to attract superstars, I think benitez has done reasonable but yeah, as it stands, your a fair distance off pushing for titles, your dirty lil scouse terrier and torres can only do so much, and thats kinda dumbfounded when riise and kewell feel the urge to sky any ball that comes within 40yrd of opposition's goal:touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom