[Football] - Aussie Wonderkid

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Just saw this kid on the news this morning. Apparently he's joined Manchester United's Youth Academy. He's 9 years old from Brisbane and he's got some skills.

I think the most impressive thing in this video is that although he could clearly walk round every player on the other team twice, blindfolded, while juggling and whistling Waltzing Matilda, he still played good balls for other players and showed a good eye for balls in behind the defence and stuff.

YouTube - Rhain Davis the Whiz Kids join Manchester United
[youtubevid]kjrWErvba5s[/youtubevid]

Do you think players this young should be getting media exposure? He's obviously talented but he's 9 fercrissakes!! A lot of things could happen before he's old enough to get a professional contract (or even cross the road without his mum!)

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Just saw this kid on the news this morning. Apparently he's joined Manchester United's Youth Academy. He's 9 years old from Brisbane and he's got some skills.

I think the most impressive thing in this video is that although he could clearly walk round every player on the other team twice, blindfolded, while juggling and whistling Waltzing Matilda, he still played good balls for other players and showed a good eye for balls in behind the defence and stuff.

Do you think players this young should be getting media exposure? He's obviously talented but he's 9 fercrissakes!! A lot of things could happen before he's old enough to get a professional contract (or even cross the road without his mum!)

His name seems welsh. so if he progreses possible welsh player unless england take him 1st like they did owen :(

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
His play style reminds me of mine when i was playing (although clearly better tech. than i had at that age) but the long dribbles using speed to pass players when moving down field.

I think the most impressive thing about the video, and the thing that holds most promise, imo, is the fact that he just doesn't lay down and whine when fouled. He keeps being aggressive, not expecting the free kick. That is unlike a great part of the amazing dribblers out there.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
If his nationality is British, how is he an Aussie wonder Kid?

Killswitch

FH is my second home
If his nationality is British, how is he an Aussie wonder Kid?

He's an Australian national but would qualify for British citizenship through his mother's side of the family. I think he'd only be qualified to represent England in internationals though.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
He's an Australian national but would qualify for British citizenship through his mother's side of the family. I think he'd only be qualified to represent England in internationals though.

Oh righty, that makes sense.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The kid clearly has talent and is alot better than anyone else in that video, what impressed me most though was the way he never stopped chasing or asking for the ball and he is very brave in the tackle. Good lad.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
sure he shows alot of promise.. but so do alot of youngster :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
oh hes still got it :D

YouTube - Ronaldinho Chera
[youtubevid]_lNJ6soGao4[/youtubevid]

Cool. :) Ian Wright made a great point on TalkSport this afternoon, he said alot of these great young kids have the pressure piled on them and the flair coached out of them by coaches who want them to conform to a certain playstyle instead of learning to express themselves. That is a massive problem with coaching in England tbh and a big reason why we don't develop alot of players with great dribbling skills.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Would say he makes the others look how Maradonna made all adversaries look except the kid is probably a lot taller so I can't :(

Ba-dum-tish?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone else think that its sick to make kids play in goals that are twice the size of them heh - no wonder no one wants to be a goalie!

Marc

FH is my second home
Does anyone else think that its sick to make kids play in goals that are twice the size of them heh - no wonder no one wants to be a goalie!

7 a side league i play in use regulation goals!!!!. Youd think it would be easy to score. I play up front. Played 3 scored 0 :D

Amphrax

Part of the furniture

That kid is damn good.

What reminds me of him is that he is very similar playstyle to 'George Best'. If you have George Best and this kid on video by the side of each other you will see he is very similar.

I really would like to see how he develops when he is older. Personally I would think he could be better than George Best If he is guided the right direction.

deffo Thumbs up from me :)

Amphrax/Arauddry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom