Football: Arsenal 2 - 2 Man Utd

J s p

Loyal Freddie
What a game!

Gutted we didn't hold on for a win in the end.

But was a fair result.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep fair result, both teams played some great stuff at times and it was an instense game. Gonna be a close run thing all season imo.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
ye I'm happy with that result, thrilling stuff. Unbeaten run carries on at least.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Point each will do me nicely.

2-0 up in 17 minutes, Chelsea rampage continues :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
woke up too late to see the match :( but just in time to see belletti's goal for chelsea, what an awesome goal for a defender to score :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
fair? I thought Arsenal deserved the win.

On the other hand, they scored right in the end, so they cant really cry about the result.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
fair? I thought Arsenal deserved the win.

On the other hand, they scored right in the end, so they cant really cry about the result.

simply fuck off yea

maybe arsenal had more possesion but they did absolutely sweet FA with it

2 nice pieces of football got united 2 goals

2 goal line scrambles kept arsenal in it

who was the home side again?

I genuinely expected alot more from arsenal, they were easy to contain, and the goals they scored were wank

was an alright game for a neutral but united deserved the win, arsenal were poor defensively and looked about as dangerous as mary poppins going forward

sorry, just back from pub but, we deserved the win, was fairly irate when that last goal "counted"

least I can happily say united looked better and will win the league this year, no doubt about that

soze

I am a FH squatter
simply fuck off yea

maybe arsenal had more possesion but they did absolutely sweet FA with it

2 nice pieces of football got united 2 goals

2 goal line scrambles kept arsenal in it

who was the home side again?

I genuinely expected alot more from arsenal, they were easy to contain, and the goals they scored were wank

was an alright game for a neutral but united deserved the win, arsenal were poor defensively and looked about as dangerous as mary poppins going forward

sorry, just back from pub but, we deserved the win, was fairly irate when that last goal "counted"

least I can happily say united looked better and will win the league this year, no doubt about that

How wrong are you? Arsenal had more shots than man U so i could say Man U had 2 lucky Breaks and scored Arsenal played the better football first half and Man U had the run of most of the second.

I think the draw is a fair result if Arsenal had of stole it i think Man U would have been hard done by.

Possession 55.9% 44.1%
Shots 19 12
Shots on target 6 3
Corners 3 4
Offsides 2 4
Accurate passes 360 261

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Dear oh dear you Arse fans really do amaze me..

Funny how Wenger said it was a fair result, and you get wankers on here and 606 saying we were lucky.

Another thing that pisses me off about you fickle lot. Last 2 games i've heard the library crowd shouting hoof every time an opposing player clears.

Short memories from the abymsal crap you played in the 80's/90's.

Corran

Part of the furniture
expect no less from arsenal fans.. known many and they are the same almost all the time.

Fair result, could never see either side winning the game to be honest, stated at 80minute mark United needed to score and take a 2-2 draw. How right was I.

Arsenal had possession, had lost of shots,but to be honest how many of them shots were any good? Really they just taking pot shots from anywhere most the game.

Man Utd were dismal in attack most the time mind you, and just didnt seem willing to hold onto the ball when they could.

That said, at times both teams played some cracking football but generally it was just an intense match where each side were just getting stuck in the middle of the field.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie

It was only just over the line as well :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Dear oh dear you Arse fans really do amaze me..

Funny how Wenger said it was a fair result, and you get wankers on here and 606 saying we were lucky.

Another thing that pisses me off about you fickle lot. Last 2 games i've heard the library crowd shouting hoof every time an opposing player clears.

Short memories from the abymsal crap you played in the 80's/90's.

I think the draw is a fair result if Arsenal had of stole it i think Man U would have been hard done by.

Read what i said tit. You manks are just as bad saying you dominated when the stats don't show that and then not mentioning the stone wall penalty that we did not get. I would say you lot are worse because you gang up and all waffle.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Golly if you're insinuating that the ball didn't cross the line you're gonna be left red faced watching MOTD tonight. The ball was a good foot or two over the line.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
You manks are just as bad saying you dominated when the stats don't show that and then not mentioning the stone wall penalty that we did not get. I would say you lot are worse because you gang up and all waffle.
really have to agree, manu were giving the ball away way to easily this game aswell. But i guess you didn't notice that, or the fact that Anderson was motioning for a yellow and just generally being a tit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Amount of shots mean nothing, look at Lampard, 50 shots a game, gets one in and everyone says he is in top form :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Amount of shots mean nothing, look at Lampard, 50 shots a game, gets one in and everyone says he is in top form :p

He is in top form.

His passing was sublime against Man City, with one of the best assists ive seen splitting their defence with the outside of his boot.

7 goals in 11 games, couldn't tell you how many shots but rather shoot than pussyfoot around the goal like Arsenal did last year.

Steven Gerrard has had a shit season and everyone is still saying he's amazing. Lampard was voted the best England player 2 years running, not to mention European/FIFA runner up in the same year.

Fickle fans are the English.

Corran

Part of the furniture
not mentioning the stone wall penalty that we did not get..

stone wall penalty? Please explain this one to me.... if you are refering to the ball hitting an arm in the box (only one i can think you could attempt to claim) then that was far from a penalty.

Handball means that, you move your arm/hand in a manner to block the ball... that was ball to hand. The guy powered it from about a foot away and it hit his arm which stayed in the same position. If you are referring to another penalty shout then please give more details as i cant remember there even being anything resembling a penalty claim.

And to put it simply, neither team dominated, stats dont matter in the slightest as it counts the pussy footing about in the middle of the goal, and shots from 90yrds out that belong in a rugby match!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Corran i think he means the Vidic on Hleb incident fairly early, he did have a pretty big handful in fairness, though the refs view was probably quite poor so he couldn't give it.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Corran i think he means the Vidic on Hleb incident fairly early, he did have a pretty big handful in fairness, though the refs view was probably quite poor so he couldn't give it.

I wouldnt even call that a penalty shout, it was a nothing challenge that you see half dozen times most matches. If refs start given them all the time (and yes i know once in a blue moon they will) then the game will constantly be brought to a halt all over the field. And if start given them then they also will need to start giving freekicks for obstruction when a defender jockeys the ball out for a goal kick.

The pull on the shirt was not enough to make the guy go down, and the way he went down made it look even more comical. Problem with most players is when in the box they happy to fall down for next to nothing (that is all players, not just certain teams)

And by the way vlad... that pass you talking about for lampard last week... was not all that in my opinion. Yes it was good vision and worked out, but it was too close to the defender whom should have easily cut it out. That said Lampard has hit form again playing some nice balls around.

Marc

FH is my second home
Good game from the 2 best football sides in the country, but Stuart Aspinall needs to go. He is so blinkered towards united its getting tedious now. The way he called Fabregas an average player is just a joke.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He is in top form.

His passing was sublime against Man City, with one of the best assists ive seen splitting their defence with the outside of his boot.

7 goals in 11 games, couldn't tell you how many shots but rather shoot than pussyfoot around the goal like Arsenal did last year.

Steven Gerrard has had a shit season and everyone is still saying he's amazing. Lampard was voted the best England player 2 years running, not to mention European/FIFA runner up in the same year.

Fickle fans are the English.

calm down dear, it was a joke :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
The pull on the shirt was not enough to make the guy go down, and the way he went down made it look even more comical. Problem with most players is when in the box they happy to fall down for next to nothing (that is all players, not just certain teams)
Cos ManU are saints at this aren't they lol. Anderson rolling on the floor til the ref showed arsenal player a yellow then got up happy as larry.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I wouldnt even call that a penalty shout, it was a nothing challenge that you see half dozen times most matches. If refs start given them all the time (and yes i know once in a blue moon they will) then the game will constantly be brought to a halt all over the field. And if start given them then they also will need to start giving freekicks for obstruction when a defender jockeys the ball out for a goal kick.

And by the way vlad... that pass you talking about for lampard last week... was not all that in my opinion. Yes it was good vision and worked out, but it was too close to the defender whom should have easily cut it out. That said Lampard has hit form again playing some nice balls around.

If it had been Helb on Vidic you would call penalty this is blatant Man u bollocks. You think as its man u they are allowed to pull a player down by his shirt and its a good tackle. What rubbish. The draw was fair but Arsenal battered you in the first half have the balls to admit it.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Cos ManU are saints at this aren't they lol. Anderson rolling on the floor til the ref showed arsenal player a yellow then got up happy as larry.

Look at my statement, clearly said all players, not certain teams.

Anderson pissed me off today, however in my opinion when it came to the crunch the ref was looking bit biased when it came to bookings and think Anderson was trying to make sure he actually took action finally. Not condoning the actions he took but understand why he done it.

Anderson though should have been booked for waving the imaginary card, however he had a point. But the way to do it is to point out the offences around the field he booked people for and then question why that is different.

If it had been Helb on Vidic you would call penalty this is blatant Man u bollocks. You think as its man u they are allowed to pull a player down by his shirt and its a good tackle. What rubbish. The draw was fair but Arsenal battered you in the first half have the balls to admit it.

Think you need to take something to relax. No I wouldnt have said it a stone wall penalty. Yes I would have appealed for it but would understand it not being given. It would be a soft penalty to give no matter what. And stop telling me what I am thinking, that just makes you look a bit of a prat. I stand by what I said already. It would be soft, the tug would not have made him go to the ground and he was trying to make the most of it, which unfortunately all players do now days.

Man Utd may have been on the back foot most of the match, not just the first half, however Arsenal were not creating many real chances, the first half I can not remember a real chance.... actually I lie, they had a single chance which was from the free-kick. Arsenal had it all in the middle of the park and long range shots. Nothing really threatening apart from that once. So no, I wouldnt say that they battered United, they merely outplayed them in middle of the park but once hit the 18yrd box they ran out of ideas, mostly then losing the ball to a midfielder that tracked back!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
<had 12 or so pints of strongbow and 6bacardi breezers i think so trake me with a pinkch of aslt?>

wasnt insuintuating that it wasnt a goal (was a good yard over the line), but.... it was a goal line scramble at best, as was arsenals frist goal imo- which isnt what we expect of a side that plays almost perfect football (and if brown wasnt a buffoon then maybe trhey wiouldnt have scored at all?)_

i thought united did a real good job in closing down and preveninng arsenal from playing, specially as it was at emirates

ust thought that uniteds goals were fairly typical of a top class side, wherewas arsenals were goal line scrambles, and the arwenal defense looked shaky all game whereas united were comfotable on the back foot

when its at old trafford will be a fdiff story completely and i can see a 4-1 or something (we still suck atdeensingf set pieces- but threya re most tream s weak points to be fair, gotta have korean reactions to pick up all rnners etc)

i just thought united defensed better, and were vastly more clinical, and just about deserved the win, whereas arsenal didnt create any clear cut oppertunities and generally looked stale going forward, i expected alot more from arsenal and they dissapointed, but still got a point from it :(

lucky sods basically

ps. anderson was class today, had the roy keane face on himwhenb he was going in for the 50/50s which is a sign of a [layer who isnt just about flick ons and clever one-twos (see robinhio) and am fairly delighted at how hes coming on so well, brazillians have a rep for being nothin more than a bit of skill and he seems to rbeak tge mould

every player pulls that imaginary card thing, and he felt he was harshly fouled, granted he was pretty full on in a ffww tackles but hes not backing off at least, if he was not bothering with the challenges im surre we'd all be saying how useless he is

he basically made fabregas look like a part timer imo

soze take a lewaf out your own book yea, obv your gonna be biased towards the scum of the south as i am towards us northern monkeys, but you created like one good oppertunity, and even tjhat was from a set piece- neither side was dominant but united were definitely more effective than arsenal

if your tryin to claim a penalty from the vidic-hleb incident, seriously get a clue, the air current created by a wombat's left wing in south australia in mid july when hunting at night for a juicy bug had more effect on hleb hitting the floor than vidic did.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
^ that was so much effort to type you know, i want a medal

or in the least a cookie

could proper munch a bag of sainsburies cookies now

night ppl, gonna go fall over somehwere

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Corran, you're saying that long shots belong in a rugby match, but so does vidic's shirt pulling :p

As for the game, enjoyed it all through. Arsenal didn't really create any chances, but blame it on the front "line".

I honestly believe it should be a penalty when a player drags someone down or roughly pulls a shirt inside of the box, no matter which team does that. I think the Norwegian commentators put it well, Shirt Dragging has nothing to do in a football match and it's a shame that more and more referees just ignore it.

And Anderson, never liked him, but I dislike him more now.

Good game though, happy with the results and I think Arsenal played very well on the mid part of the field, though they were lacking up front.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Bad but a fair result I think, always a bad result when you let a goal in, in injury time, but thats football i guess (Amusing watching Arsenal celebrate like they had won the Champions League, but I guess that will never happen so better to celebrate like that at sometime I guess)
Thought although Arsenal had good possesion they lacked the potentcy they ussualy do and were largley ineffective as an attacking force just passing rather than pulling out chances.
Utd had to play counterattacking football because of the pure brilliance of Arsenals passing and ability to hold onto it and like usual Ronaldo had a stupidly quiet game when the big game turns up, trying to be the new Henry me thinks.
Obviously i'm biased as a United fan, but aside from his referee baiting, Anderson played the game of his life, never gave Fabregas a minute and really stuck in and traded flair for grit and showed he has huge potential espically with Hargreaves as a centre midfield pairing for the future.
Also another quiet suprising fact Eboue didn't try to cheat for once? Unless I blinked.
Look forward to the reverse fixture anyway and the title race should be a good one with Chelsea refinding their way again.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
(Amusing watching Arsenal celebrate like they had won the Champions League, but I guess that will never happen so better to celebrate like that at sometime I guess)

This is one of the biggest rival matches Arsenal will play this year, and then being under 1-2 and manage to get a goal in to finish as a draw, I'd say they have all reason to be happy. I'm sure Man utd would be fairly happy at getting a draw when being under like that versus a major rival club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom