Football - AC Milan v Man Utd

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thought we could use this so the people like Overdriven and Tohtori dont have reason to complain.

Man Utd are 3-2 ahead, AC Milan need 1 goal to win on aggregate, but i think both teams will at least score once.

What do you guys think?

Marc

FH is my second home
Hope im wrong, but I see Milan going through

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Haha great.. Had totally lost track of the CL games :p

Hopefully we're in for quite the game tonight

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Hope im wrong, but I see Milan going through

Agree, will be routing for UTD though and its not often that happens :p

Would be great too have two english & NW clubs in the final.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
@Bahu: I posted in the other football thread, but not whining. As I will do here.

For the people in my college who love 'Man U' I'm hoping AC win. :)

2-1 would be nice.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I want to see another AC Liverpool showdown now, although i think Utd will probably win.

Corran

Part of the furniture
It is going to be a free flowing game and it really is too tight to call, much like i said about last night.

Prior to the game yesterday we were discussing it at work, and we all said that it could be a 3-0 hammering either way or go to penalties. Just impossible to call that game.

Tonight, both sides will score. Alot comes down to who United have in defence I feel. If we go Ferdi/Vidic then how fit are they truelly. Against the likes of Kaka you need to be on form.

If we keep Kaka quiet, united should walk the leg. But that an impossible job i feel. Gattuso going to be a key man, cant let him dictate the midfield.
There going to be Goals and think united may just edge it due to all round team ability compared to focus on just a couple of players like milan may have to rely on.

I go with 1-2 or 2-2. But think Utd will edge it. But that more from being a fan and having some hopefulness tipped in (ps. If Maldini unfit to play then we should win it )

J s p

Loyal Freddie
It's going to be one of those Utd games me thinks, where we do it the hard way.

i'm going for 2-2 on the night...Ronnie to score in last few mins :)

Just hope Scholes and Ronnie don't get booked!

Marc

FH is my second home
If scholes gets booked it will be an absolute shame for the lad if united get to the final. It would be criminal, if a player of his calibre never played in a euro final

J s p

Loyal Freddie
If scholes gets booked it will be an absolute shame for the lad if united get to the final. It would be criminal, if a player of his calibre never played in a euro final

Agree m8, and the worrying thing is i can see it happening :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i think UTD will do it tbh will be either 2:2 or 2:1 UTD

Marc

FH is my second home
Agree m8, and the worrying thing is i can see it happening :(

Im sure the Milan players will be aware of this and try and use it to their advantage. Get scholes booked and BANG, his focus on the game may go. Its all very well saying hes a professional and shouldnt let it effect his game, but hes only human

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Vidic is starting according to the BBC website, wonder if he plays the whole game.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Not a good game for utd so far. Been very poor and they aint theirself. Gattuso is absolutely owning that midfield and when we do get forward we dont look like scoring. Lets hope it a different second half and i get my 2-2 scoreline. But at this rate we wont be going through :s

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Man Utd have never really looked like scoring, they're looking as jaded as Chelsea were last night.

Best teams from the semi's have reached the final in all honesty

Challenging on too many fronts maybe?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Dissapointed :( knew as soon as I saw the pissing down rain it was going to be a long night. Heinze was shocking for the 2nd goal.

The fact that Milan rested 8 players again at the weekend really did show, they looked fresh. Hope Liverpool beat them now.

Chelsea and Man Utd have had a long tough season.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Hate to say it, but the best side on the night won. They absolutely dominated us.

United didnt look like scoring for the entire match, they may as well stayed at home. I think they just bottled it infront of that crowd, after the shakey start and letting the first goal in it was gong to be hard.

Nevermind. Just have to cheer on a repeat of 2005 final and hope to get there next season.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Suberb perfomance by Milan. Fully deserved and I am looking forward to seeing them in the final! ManU didn't really look like themselves out there, noone took charge and even Ronaldo looked very lost and got roxed by Gattuso all match!

Jesmin

Loyal Freddie
Milan were tough, organised and brutal. But such is football and Man U just couldn't take the heat.

Though, the Milan players have a really negative attitude to football, I don't think sportsmanship is encouraged too much in Italy.

PS. I think Fergie would really hate to admit it but on a night like this Man U would have needed Keane. :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Suberb perfomance by Milan. Fully deserved and I am looking forward to seeing them in the final! ManU didn't really look like themselves out there, noone took charge and even Ronaldo looked very lost and got roxed by Gattuso all match!

Gattuso was unbelievable. If he dominates midfield like that against Liverpool i can see Milan having a much easier time than 2005.

Gonna be an explosive final thats for sure.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Out classed tbh :(

Vidic didn't look fit at all really, just came back from a big injury and its his first game against a big team? was always going to be a struggle for him.

Attacking options = none Rooney/Ronaldo.

Sir Alex needs another striker.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Milan were tough, organised and brutal. But such is football and Man U just couldn't take the heat.

Though, the Milan players have a really negative attitude to football, I don't think sportsmanship is encouraged too much in Italy.

PS. I think Fergie would really hate to admit it but on a night like this Man U would have needed Keane. :)

Uhm, might be true in general, but Manu and Scholes failed to play the ball back to Milan when they passed it out due to player being injured. Sure they were frustrated, but bad sportmanship nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom