Food

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Just wandered into my kitchen hoping to make myself a decent lunch to see me through the rest of the day and realised that I eat crap. It seems I don't know any healthy lunch options other than scrambled egg.

So if you've got any favourite easy to make lunch ideas that you've learned please share them with me otherwise it'll be cheese on toast again.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Depends what sort of scrambled eggs you make :)

Whats wrong with Cheese on Toast anyways? :)

00dave

Erm, it's unhealthy?

Salad dodger ;)

What he said, cheese on toast is magic but when you eat it nearly every day it's very bad for you.

Unfortunately I put cheese in my scrambled egg too. I do love cheese.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Salads are good for one thing! Making bunnies fat to be prepared for a bunnytoast :flame:

Bread.
Butter(garlic)
Ham.
Cheese.
More ham.
More cheese.
Stuff face.
Drink shot of scotch to unclog arteries.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
bowl of museli
pancakes
bread with something other than cheese (yes, I know it's hard)
fruit salad

00dave

A list of what you have would help.

I was thinking for future reference, the ham cheese toastie is already being digested as we speak :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
*bums Trem with a rolled up week old pancake*

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
try opening a tin of soup? thats healthier than cheese on toast.

Depends how au fait you are with cooking and ingredients and stuff - pasta and pesto is a very nice, cheap and easy meal, as is risotto, or baked potatoes with tuna or coleslaw. Stir fry is also pretty easy and can be as healthy or not healthy as you choose.

mank!

Part of the furniture
cooking is for tv chefs.

breakfast today was cornflakes, lunch today was muesli. dinner will be whatever is being cooked by my parents.

that's the life...

...of a basement dweller

00dave

try opening a tin of soup? thats healthier than cheese on toast.

You'd be surprised at the amount of crap they put in tinned soup so it keeps. Soups is really only healthy when it's home made.
I'm not bad with cooking, dinners I'm fine with I can cook big meals but I'm stumped with small meals, I don't like to eat anything big at lunchtime. Might try something with pasta and tomato tommorrow.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I had beef and lentil soup at lunch time.

Lentil soup makes me fart constantly; big, hot, death inducing farts. My missus has banned me from ever eating it again.

*frrrraaappp* I wish I could share the scent.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
20 minute "healthyish" chicken pasta with tarragon (or a herb of your choice).

you will need (for 2)

a tub of creme fraiche you only need 75ml
some mushrooms - a handful or a tubful - depends on your preference
a small clove of garlic (unless you're trying to repel vampires and over amorous partners)
1/2 a glass of white wine
a splash of olive oil
chicken breast x 2

Fry ze chicken, add seasoning (salt and pepper for the culinary challenged) with ze olive oil. Add in ze sliced garlic and mushrooms, cook for around 3-4 mins (ze chicken should be slightly golden and have no pink bits) add the wine and bring to the boil.

Stir in the creme fraiche and add a table spoon or two of chopped fresh or dried tarragon. (if you don't like tarragon use chives, oregan, thyme or parsley - or nothing if you really hate anything that is green)

turn the heat down low and simmer whilst the pasta cooks.

Use wholemeal pasta - it tastes better and it's GOOD FOR YOU!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another quicky for you

You need some finely sliced (not chopped) smoked bacon and a chicken breast + leeks, thyme, garlic and a little wine and olive oil.

preheat oven to gas mark 7

Chop the leeks into 3cm blocks. and toss with olive oil, salt & pepper then stand the blocks on their end in an oven proof dish. Pour in a small half glass of white wine (75ml tops) and add some fresh thyme (leave it out or chuck in some dried and mix it around if you don't have fresh)

Wrap the chicken breast in the finely sliced bacon and place it on top of the leeks.

Whack it in the over and ignore it for 25-30 minutes.

Take it out, eat it. Job done.

M

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
nigella mongoose strikes again!

and if your having scrambled eggs, you have to melt some cheese into
cheesy scrambled eggs > *

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Greek salad (easy on the olive oil and not an incredibly large amount of feta).

Basically, if you want to eat really healthily get used to eating vegetable matter without any condiments...

...after about 3 years you even look forward to a handful of spinach!

00dave

Garlic cheese on toast today, lots of garlic because I can feel a bout of man flu coming on.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you eat healthily you might live a few extra years when you wish you were dead. Stick with the unhealthy stuff!

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Salads great.. An omelette is very healthy and good. Different kind of fruitsallads is nice aswell.

I tend to eat kind of "meaty" sallad with some ham ( slices of turkey to make it extra healthy ) or tuna, some beans and other salady stuff.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
My fave quick lunches is chicken salad in a brown baguette, or if I got 20 mins, chilli con carne and lettuce in a wrap.

Pasta + sauce is also easy and healthy.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I'm about to have cheese on toast. Its all I can make without setting fire to something. In fact, Im not even making it this time :)

00dave

you're cheese on toast is pretty good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom