Food

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I like food. alot!

I dont know why, its kinda strange, but when I was younger I was really, really fussy about my food, I wouldnt eat tomato, wouldnt eat fried eggs if they had crunchy bits on them, wouldnt eat beans on toast if the toast was soggy, sea food? forget it! So yea, I was realllly fussy.

I dont know when it happened, but I changed, now I eat most things, I'm a little fussy about my deserts still, but main course I can eat more or less whatever I'm given, and like it!

I have a set of favorite foods though, that I could eat any day, every day, all day. I mean, I could eat them until I was ill, and on a couple of occasions(when dared) I have done! I crave them 24/7, I mean my stomachs rumbling just thinking about it!! arrggh.

Anyway, to the point! favorite foods! what are yours? and why ? dont just say "BACON COZ IT AER NICE", you have to state what it is about the taste you like :)

Here are a couple of mine to start off with:

Chilidogs
Its like, omg. Frankfurter(sp?) sausages taste great, always reminds me of summer for some reason, in a nice soft bun you could happily eat on its own, buttered on the inside to give it a bit of taste - I really like that melted butter taste, especially with the frankfurter - and then chili sauce on top. Perfection! the chili just gives it a really nice taste I always assosciate with sunlight and having fun. I dont know why but eating chilidawgs always puts me in a good mood.

They're sonics favorite food too!! :D

Fajitas
Ohhh! You've got the chicken cooked in the 'mexican' flavour spice, a decent dollop of mayo, a bit of salad and ofcourse the salsa! Again for me this taste just reminds me of summer, the contrast of the mayo and the salsa, with the chicken and wrap adding substance to it, everything just goes together to taste really really nice, I normally eat these things until I run out, I cant remember having finished eating them for any other reason than I had physcially run out :( teh shame!

I'll add more in a few(have to do work for once)! these two are my absolute favorites though!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Mince Pies without Onions, damn, like an orgasm in the mouth.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
mashed potatoe with the skin on and herbs mixed in cos its total comfort food, serve it with pie or saussages or chicken and really thick gravey you can cut with a knife, bloody yum!

pizza (also cheese on toast) theres just something sooo evilly delicious about melted cheese when it goes a bit golden brown aww baby!! and i love pizza cos you can have loads of other stuff under the melted cheese ooooooomg!!

tesco giant cookie, made with giant choccy chunks and golden syrup really evil cookie tbh sooo tasty!

scrambled egg on toast, B2 makes the best scrambled egg its all light and fluffy and with about half a ton of cheese in it *dribbles*

shit tbh i just love food its my fave hobby and i plan meals waay in advance and look foward to them (for example ive already planned my birthday food, halloween meal and christmas eve food). tbh im amazed in not 30 stone lol

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
blue berry crumble pie cos its healthier than a pizza.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
pizza with pepperoni and cajun chicken with garlic sauce to dip it in...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mey

Part of the furniture
Chicken cooked in soy sauce (don't forget the cornflour) served with rice and veg. Can't get enough of it. Very simple dish, quite bland actually, but fantasticly filling and so quick and easy.

Fried bacon, to the point where it is crunchy and the fat on the bacon has curled, in white bread (untoasted) with butter. The best thing ever!

Duck with hosin sauce is also a firm favorite.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
wouldnt mind some more of that £50 beef wellington i had in wisconsin.

fucking best meal ive ever had.

other than that my mum makes the best lasagne ever. ever.

also she does chicken in peppercorn sauce and roast potatoes, which is also one of the best things ive ever tasted.

recently had a real craving for school dinner Chocolate pudding and chocolate sauce, or a sweet variation on that theme, Chocolate chip pudding and choccie sauce.

all brilliant. i love food!

eksdee

FH is my second home
i used to be real fussy about food as a kid also.

two things changed my eating habits - going on tour with my band, meaning i had to eat what i was cooked for us by the promoters at shows or go hungry. my bandmates are pretty fussy and i saw them go hungry a lot. couldn't play like that so i just started trying new things. got to experience a lot of weird and wonderfull things food-wise in europe!

secondly was becoming a vegetarian, really made me begin to love food and specifically cooking. i try as far as possible to eat vegan where possible too (it's really not hard at all, though i do love a nice cheesy pizza and a milky cuppa so i don't think i could really go full on vegan) and that really encourages you to make things from scratch (for obvious reasons). i try to cook at least one thing each week that is at least a recipe i haven't tried, ideally an ingredient or entire style of food i haven't tried.

all in all, yeah - food = good!

made a cider and (vege) sausage caserole tonight, was real good!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
wouldnt mind some more of that £50 beef wellington i had in wisconsin.

fucking best meal ive ever had.

other than that my mum makes the best lasagne ever. ever.

also she does chicken in peppercorn sauce and roast potatoes, which is also one of the best things ive ever tasted.

recently had a real craving for school dinner Chocolate pudding and chocolate sauce, or a sweet variation on that theme, Chocolate chip pudding and choccie sauce.

all brilliant. i love food!

Ohhh yea Beef wellingtons are great! I love them with real nice creamy mashed potato and swede, plus all the veg, ohh thats a nice meal!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Wagamama - ebi gyoza, chicken yakitori, chili chicken ramen

/major drool

Ramen.jpg

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ohhh yea Beef wellingtons are great! I love them with real nice creamy mashed potato and swede, plus all the veg, ohh thats a nice meal!

the one i got was about the size of my head. seriously the fattest juiciest steak ive ever seen, perfect garlic sauce...
oh my good god.

i cant even remember having anything else on the plate, i was transfixed!

gone and made myself all hungry now. ill just tuck into a nice can of tuna!

georgie

FH is my second home

/major drool

That looks like noodles with some shredded lettuce in some gravy with a slice of ham and a melted After Eight mint on the side. :confused:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

/major drool

Ramen.jpg

That looks like a big fat piece of pork in the middle of your.. WagObama?

Looks nothing like chicken to me, sorry :x

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I was very picky about food as well, it changed after I went to army.. after I just basically eat everything now :) and yeah I like food a lot, luckily I enjoy cooking as well, so can fullfil all my needs :):)

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
As you get older you will find that your body needs more than just calcium:D your body will have a strange way to tell your brain what you need to eat, It's not rocket science, most kids don't like veg, and there probably will read this and say yak but as you get older you will eat it;)

G

lamb shank with butter mash and roasted vegetables

nuff said

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
My best list from 1

1.Roast dinner
2.Cowboy pork & Beans
3.Texas stew
4.Chicken peri-peri
5.Mexicana chicken
6.Chilli con carni
7.Sausage in cider sauce
8.Home-made lasagne with spinach
9.Steak Casserole
10. Beans on toast

2.3 Highly recommended ;)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Oh oh oh I'm having chilidogs when I get home from work today :D :D :D

I've stocked up on the rolls and hotdogs, think I have something like 5 tins of the frankfurter sausages in the cupboard now, only 18 rolls though :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There's too much really, and even if i hate some food, i eat it and try to find the "good thing" about it so i can. But the top has to be what i make myself, kind of, sausage rolls with Choux pastry(for lack of word).

They can make a purring kitten out of any beast.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Was up the pub yesterday, had a sudden craving for chips, ordered three portions and sat there with some mates playing pool and scoffing these chips, love 'em, salt and vinegar and ketchup to give them a bit of variety, pint of smiths to help them go down, perfect. :D

Thats something I like though, just chips on thier own, if they're nicely done and theres condiments to spice things up a bit I could eat those things forever and a day :D

I'm getting a taste for macdonalds snack-wraps lately too, they're like mini fajita's without the salsa, the BBQ ones are nice also, not exactly a 5-star resturant quality or anything but it has its own charm at times I think :)

While we're on snacks etc - Ham salad sammiches! That being, Ham, lettuce, tomato mainly for me, then a bit of salt & pepper on the inside of it, lots of butter, nice thick bread... Love the taste of the ham with the tomato, and the buttery taste to contrast with the salt & pepper, and the lettuce and bread just adding to it all, ohh I love ham salad samwiches!! These also remind me of summer, mainly because I only really get to have them in the summer, so now the taste of it reminds me of sunny days and summer holidays from college :D

Its funny how food can be assosciated with memories though, does anyone else find this? I used to live on pot noodles when I used to go to LAN parties, horrible I know, but now whenever I have one (very rarely) it always reminds me of the LAN's, sleeping on the floor, sitting at the PC for stupid amounts of hours, hearing that BF1942 music looping over and over lol, really really vivid memories brought on by the taste. Does anyone else get this?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
1. Full on roast lunch with lashings of thick gravey and all the trimmings. Its just all the differnt flavours combined that make it great. From bread sauce, roast potatoes, sausage and herb stuffing......

2. Thai green prawn curry - home made. Easy to make and the creamy taste with the chili is just fantastic.

3. Peking Duck with cucumber, spring onion, plum or hoi sin sauce and the pancakes. Still my favourite starter.

4. loaded Jacket potato skins with the cheese, bacon and sour cream.

5. Cod in parsley sauce with onion mash potato and green peas. Combination of tastes is just right together.

6. Chicken Labarahda (sp ?) as made by the India Palace Restaurent and take away in Garhoud, Dubai - just dreamy.

7. Bang Bang Chicken - Jimmy's Kitchen, Kowloon, Hong Kong is just amazing. Zingy, zesty and succulent.

8. Confit de canard - thinly slice duck breast (still pink) with a cassise (blackcurrent) sauce. One of the very few things I like about France.

9. Cassoulet - meaty stew served in the South West of France. Amazing tastes but a very heavy meal.

10. Juicy tender steak with a Roquefort sauce.

Damn this is making me hungry.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
thought id throw in the humble eggs and bacon on toast, which i eat everyday :D

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Oh oh oh I'm having chilidogs when I get home from work today :D :D :D

I've stocked up on the rolls and hotdogs, think I have something like 5 tins of the frankfurter sausages in the cupboard now, only 18 rolls though :(

You fat bastard, You fat bastard,
Who ate all the..... oh done this already sorry.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Was up the pub yesterday, had a sudden craving for chips, ordered three portions and sat there with some mates playing pool and scoffing these chips, love 'em, salt and vinegar and ketchup to give them a bit of variety, pint of smiths to help them go down, perfect.

Thats something I like though, just chips on thier own, if they're nicely done and theres condiments to spice things up a bit I could eat those things forever and a day

I'm getting a taste for macdonalds snack-wraps lately too, they're like mini fajita's without the salsa, the BBQ ones are nice also, not exactly a 5-star resturant quality or anything but it has its own charm at times I think :)

While we're on snacks etc - Ham salad sammiches! That being, Ham, lettuce, tomato mainly for me, then a bit of salt & pepper on the inside of it, lots of butter, nice thick bread... Love the taste of the ham with the tomato, and the buttery taste to contrast with the salt & pepper, and the lettuce and bread just adding to it all, ohh I love ham salad samwiches!! These also remind me of summer, mainly because I only really get to have them in the summer, so now the taste of it reminds me of sunny days and summer holidays from college :D

Its funny how food can be assosciated with memories though, does anyone else find this? I used to live on pot noodles when I used to go to LAN parties, horrible I know, but now whenever I have one (very rarely) it always reminds me of the LAN's, sleeping on the floor, sitting at the PC for stupid amounts of hours, hearing that BF1942 music looping over and over lol, really really vivid memories brought on by the taste. Does anyone else get this?

You fat Basta........ you get the picture :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
You fat Basta........ you get the picture :)

Ahh, but is it me thats too fat, or everyone else who is too thin? :D

Ohh! Not long until chilidog o-clock! :D Rest day for me today so no gym or running, so I can eat until I literally cant move anymore without worrying about repercussions later!

Seriously though that butter on the inside of the hotdog rolls just makes it perfect, and the chili... omg! its just superb :D

Helme

Resident Freddy
Looking at what I can cook, the top 3 is:

1: Ravioli, from a can - ofcourse.
2: TV dinners.
3: Frozen lasagna my mother made.

Looking at overall.

1: Fried pork fillets with potato gratin and a nice salad.
2: Again, the Lasagna - awesome meal, just awesome.
3: A family recipe where you use mashed potatoes, the ham you can buy on can(rhyming pro = me) and chantarelle's in milk/cream mixture(not sure what it's called in English - but in Swedish it's stuvning).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom