Food you like for Christmas

Nate

FH is my second home
What do you like having for Christmas? Doesn't necessarily have to be your main.

We tend to get Smoked Turkey

1186-boneless-smoked-turkey-breast-XL.jpg

and Honey Roast Ham

168623_MEDIUM.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A giant plate of pigs in jackets please.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I usually get 2 for one at pizza hut on Christmas eve, and hey presto, free Christmas dinner

You think I'm joking, it's been done on more than one occasion over the years

*so alone*

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Stollen = 100% pure win
We normally do beef and chicken for xmas dinner round the 'rents.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i like something different on christmas thinking mebbe duck or venison this year or mebbe a 3 bird roast goose duck pheasant could be interesting!

love a bottle of wine on chrimbo its prob the only time of year ill drink it

lots and lots of mince pies! and chocolate log (not the kind no doubt a couple of you will think about straight away)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So now the santamas threads invade freddy like santamas lights the streets and songs the shops? Oh dear.

that being said... :D

Ham, santamasstars(would have to look up name, can't be arsed, dough stuff), pretty much the usual stuff. Cinnamon covered marzipan though, yummy.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
duck, loads of stuffing, roast potatoes....

yummy, love all the food you get to nosh over Christmas.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
I think some form of beef is on the menu for Xmas day round the parent's and Hainan Chicken for the Boxing Day return leg at ours. Hopefully we'll get pigs in blankets regardless!!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
cranberry sausage meat; sainsburys, £3.20 for a pack. With pancakes on christmas morning.

Boom.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
After the Xmas Dinner and a few looses of the belt, them my favourite is Stilton and an obscene amount of Port.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
We have Kulebiak......which I've made the past few years. Its a puff pastry roll filled with sliced and sauteed white cabbage, onions and mushrooms and lots of seasoning. Doesn't sound amazing, but I love it, and its what means Christmas to me :)
Being polish, we also have clear beetroot soup (urgh), raw herring on rye bread (urgh), fish, new potatoes and lots of vodka!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
We have Kulebiak......which I've made the past few years. Its a puff pastry roll filled with sliced and sauteed white cabbage, onions and mushrooms and lots of seasoning. Doesn't sound amazing, but I love it, and its what means Christmas to me :)
Being polish, we also have clear beetroot soup (urgh), raw herring on rye bread (urgh), fish, new potatoes and lots of vodka!

thought you buggers ate carp on chrimbo! polish kid at work does and raw mince with an egg 0.o

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
All the baked goods:

Klejner
hot-klejner.jpg

Jødekager
joeddekager1.JPG

Pebbernødder
pebernoedder.JPG

Vaniljekranse
vanillekranse.jpg

And of course the main course on Christmas Eve with roast pork, duck, caramelized potatoes, regular potatoes, red cabbage, prunes, apples and of course the brown gravy that has been nursed around for an entire day.

As dessert who can forget the Ris a la mande with the hot cherry sauce.. Mmm

The next five weeks better pass fucking fast!!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Stuffed Loin of pork at my Ma's on Christmas Eve. (A Norweigan thing to do). Christmas Day will be a Roast Turkey I would imagine.

Just about to go and prepare some Road Kill Pheasant I picked up on Friday, yummy!

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Traditionally we ARE supposed to have carp...but its a hassle to prepare and none of my family actually like it...so we have M&S fishcakes instead :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Don't much like chrimbo food mostly but will agree with the pigs in blankets yumminess. Why they have to be served with turkey stuffing and veg is beyond me.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Cant wait for this either. Haven't had herring in three months now! Give curry herring NOW!
Garlic, mustard, sherry, whiskey, onion herring, and the red onion you have in the traditional herring is so yummy... :D A herring i dont want ever again is the blueberry one i tried last year was just way to wierd..

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Stuffing.

Thankfully, because Americans celebrate some silly holiday where they say thanks or something, I basically get 2 Christmas dinners!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Traditionally we ARE supposed to have carp...but its a hassle to prepare and none of my family actually like it...so we have M&S fishcakes instead :)

is that a family thing or something else if u dont mind me asking ?

this year apparently were having a goose with the full works

rynnor

Rockhound
Roast Chestnuts are pretty nice - Really nicely cooked crispy roast potatoes rubbed with a little salt, cooked in goose fat with lots of fresh rosemary - all the carbs really - its a yuletide carbfest!

Vae

Resident Freddy
is that a family thing or something else if u dont mind me asking ?

this year apparently were having a goose with the full works

Family thing. Her family is half Polish so that side of the family celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve (Wigilia). Means we get 2 Christmas's - Wigilia then normal British Christmas Day.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Stella and crisps tbh
You can keep your trampy woman but you better give me those crisps

*steals Walkers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom