Food for thought

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zede said:
your never quite the same after that, and sorry to say you realise how much better it can be ( in my opinion).

running in an opted group is kinda fun for a bit - did some good old "old school emain" 8v8 back in OF with my oh so uber merc, was fun for an hour or two, thought "hrm nice RP but damn I'd be bored if I did that again tomorrow" :)

Opinions are like arseholes though ;)

I'd not have any problems with the people who want to play 8v8 if they didn't insist on trying to force their playstyle in me all the time (with the don't add etc.)

I'm sure I'd get some colourful /sends back if I demanded some 8v8 came and defended a keep...

Pride in your realm is one thing that makes daoc that much better than other games - the fact that Albion as a whole has just defended its frontier or whatever. Unfortunately the "RPs over all" mentality tends to kill the fun of it sometimes.

I agree in particular with the "more in common with the other realms" but it's not just the 8v8 lot - I have a lot more respect for the mids/hibs I see posting on the RvR section about defending realms and taking keeps and the like than the albs whining about adds ;) however I don't talk to them on IRC, whereas I think the 8v8 lot tend to communicate with each other a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom