Fomor City & Bosses

Avrot

Fledgling Freddie
Guys anyone here ever defeated the end bosses to Fomor city?

Ive been searching the webb for info on the drops the end cons give and how easy/hard they actually are to defeat.

If anyone has any links or info about the Bosses can they let me know, would be grateful.

Its one of the few places ive left to see the end bosses for.

If I can get a enough info and have time I will consider running a raid there for anyone who would be interested in a trip down memory lane/look at something not seen in some time or never seen before.

So anyone give me some decent links etc? :touch:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I think it was XFear who did a couple of Fomor raids years and years ago.

a). No drops worth anything down there. Fomor is strickly in the 'fun' section, nothing comparable with TOA quests, artis or even galla.

b). Its buggy. Both the end encounter with the hydra and the zones in general suffer from lag and a tendancy to collapse for no good reason resulting in a lot of unhappy raiders and a despawned hydra.

c). Its very pretty, especialy the bits you wont ever see unless you raid it in numbers.

I think you needed to bring some tictacs and siege to kill the hydra safely though the bits leading there arent very hard for a few groups.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
lol aye i remember the xfear raid there and the dungeon exploded. we wasnt happy hibs hehe

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
we killed hydra and as soon as he died the zone crashed so we didnt get any drops at all :)

Avrot

Fledgling Freddie
LOL

OMG, I knew it was a little buggy, but bloody hell!

That would explain why I can find no real decent information on what drops or what your up against in there.

I still want to see what this looks like (even if its just b4 I get blown appart by the hydras stash of ruck sacks).

When you say it exploded was there graphics to show a massive explosion or just the game crashed?

Ill see if I can find out if the bugs have been fixed (Very big long Shot!). If so ill see about actioning a raid. Or dose anyone know an in game GM I could check this with?

Cheers for your help guys.

popocatepetl

Fledgling Freddie
If you just want to see the Hydra, that's not very hard. In our (failed) attempt to get that rare trophy with our guild we've been to the Hydra twice or thrice.

We got there with like 2 fg's (ani grp and tank grp, might have been mixed up moving there) but of course failed to kill the hydra. In those days there were a good number of sites (one good one in french providing help and tips on how to get the Hydra down). I remember it involved 5/6 grps (pre-toa) and siege weaponry. If you really intend on getting him killed I can try and see if I can trace up the links...

As said above the only time it's been done on Hib Exc I remember the zone crashing too. We were severely less in number, but didn't suffer any of the zone's performance problems.

Myrdraxxis (that's the hydra) has an aoe attack that killed the shrooms quite regurarly iirc, only way I can imagine to get it without a zerg these days should be chanters with ML9 pets. Can explain a bit more if you want.

Here's a map:
Fomor

Twist

Fledgling Freddie
Found these old screen shots, we killed Myrddraxis and then the zone crashed, same story for every raid afaik :(

Easy to zerg, nice looking place, crap loot

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
weee, you can just make me out on the left side of the pic with the purple shield :)

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
noo don't remind me on on that Xfear raid ! my connection fooked up at last stairways to Hyrda and when I logged back there were plenty fomorians waiting :( so never saw hyrda but so close.. so close.. *snif* (expect ss)

Avrot

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh Cheers Guys.

I tried the link and its where I went before, but seem to have hardtime getting pages to load. Got through in end this timearound.

Looks like a right ballache for poor items. But a really nice change from what is currently run though.

I will see if I can get find out if the bugs are fixed.

I may give this a go after all if they are.

If I dont ill go the easy way and do a TS raid instead.

thanx for info guys, ill keep digging.. ;)

Bluevixen

Fledgling Freddie
There is that level 49? TS quest that requires killing some of the TS bosses. Always wanted to complete it and it might encourage people to attend.
IMO who cares about the crap drops. Its just fun to see mobs/dungeons etc that you might never have seen.

Avrot

Fledgling Freddie
Totally agreed bud, it was initally what I was conisdering running with guild, then decided to ask in freddies becuase information was lacking on one of the few spots I haven't seen the end con too. If I can get some info on bug fixing ill see about running one on Freddies.

There alot of raids already running over the next couple of weeks which I will be attending. Once these out of the way ill look at running Nostalgic raids like TS and Fomor City. Will most likley be a Sat raid, for ref.

For TS there is a quest starts in another town on SI (I know it on map but cannot remeber name, at work not on game heh). If I run the raid to TS it will include that quest, have a few guildies in the past wanting the same quest too. :touch:

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I remember killing it with a load of people and the drops were pretty crap from what I remember :( That was like 2 years ago though, maybe its changed now

Lexxus

Fledgling Freddie
Killed Balor with 6 ppl on Camlann about 1 month ago, he dropped remains and 2 99% qua items only

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom