folder problems

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
every time i go in to c drive all the hidden folder are showin, i have clicked do not show hidden folder but it shows them again. there are to thing running in the background that are not supost to be running IEXPLORE.EXE and lsass.exe why are they running could this be the couse of my problem?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
IEXPLORE.EXE should be your internet explorer - if it's still running when IE isn't open, then that could be cause for concern. lsass.exe is nothing to be worried about.

Type msconfig under start>run and click the startup tab - look through the list and see if anything dodgy looking is in the list.

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
thx guy fixed lsass thing, but i cant stop iexplorer running i stoped using it coz its shite and loads of pop ups keep appering so i use firefox now, how do i stop it running there is nothing in msconfig and when i stop the prosses it just apperes again?? why is this?

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
nope lsass thing is still there wont go away and now my winamp player wont play? wtf is going on? a thumbs icon is now on the desktop help plz

Chilly

Balls of steel
Mut68 said:
nope lsass thing is still there wont go away and now my winamp player wont play? wtf is going on? a thumbs icon is now on the desktop help plz
spyware/virus

download some e-condoms dude.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Like I said and like maz said - lsass is fine. If IEXPLORE.EXE keeps coming back it sounds like it could be spyware. Get yourself some spyware software - www.lavasoft.de for ad-aware. I'm sure these fine gents will tell you of some other good ones.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Microsoft AntiSpyware is good, along with some others. I would personally reccomend Spyware Doctor 3.2 One of the best spyware apps I've ever used but you have to pay for it.

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
yip dun all that every thing is up to date, im using the ad-ware 6 se somthing like that, any way lsass has never been there before why has it coem up now? and the damn hidden folders are still shown :(

ps, ty for replying :D

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
got it ALL fixed now :D got norton now other 1 was shite lsass was a virus and it no longer runs now :d all my stuff is now fixed thx for help :D

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
well its not now :D lsass is never gona run angin :D Fuck lsass :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom