Focus Pulling...Necro or Cabalist?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I've spent a few days playing around on Prydwen with a Mana specced Enchanter. it's quite good fun really, and I know that they use that particular class to help with artifact mobs etc.

The Albion equivilent appears to be a full Matter specced Cabalist, but I only ever see Servant specced Necromancers doing artifacts here. Why is that?

On paper at least, the Cabalists 33 DPS Focus beats the pants off the Necromancers 22 DPS Damage Shield. Both pets must have similar absorb, so the only real difference I can see is power consumption, but as the Cabalist's Focus is essentially 50% more damaging then the Necromancers it ought to kill the same mob twice as fast, negating power consumption somewhat. I am sure I must be missing something...;)

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
hehe try killin a necro pet in melee then try killing a cabby one and ull see :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:
hehe try killin a necro pet in melee then try killing a cabby one and ull see :)

In terms of absorb, both ought to be the same...is this wrong? I thought all pets were uncapped as far as buffs went? A Servant specced Necro has no spec absorb as that's in the Sight line (assuming no Sight sub-spec obviously).

Joharran

Fledgling Freddie
My necro is lvl 41 atm and prolly wont ever hit 50...
Since my cabby got ML 9 i really cant bother lvling my necro...

ML 9 cabby rox... :clap:

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Cabby can get agro himself and he has to stand still ect to use DS, and it drains a lot of power. Necro is in shade mode and cant be attacked. His DS is not focus but a 30 sec buff, uses much less power. because of the shademode he often only count as 1, where as cabby counts as 2(Tartaros being a good example) That also means he can spam HoT without fearing agro.
If you use it to PL with(multiple mob pulling) Necro also have a PBaoe and since his DS is not focus he can use both at the same time, still without fearing agro.

Prolly more reasons, but thats what I could just think off. Cabby can be vunerable to adds, necro aint so much since they agro pet and not necro himself.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm...just did a search and read back through some old posts. I wasn't aware that resists don't transfer to the pet.

That makes a massive difference TBH, it's going to be taking 26% more damage then the Abomination :(

Oh, and the Necromancer and Abomination do count as two players, that was 'adjusted' a while ago ;)

I suppose one way to find out easily would just be to roll one /level 20 of each, buff them, and have them attack the same mobs and see what numbers come out...

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Oh, and the Necromancer and Abomination do count as two players, that was 'adjusted' a while ago ;)QUOTE]

Yes, also Con transfer to abo, dont think cabbys does either.

Well afaik if you group 2 ppl, try Tartaros you get sally spam. if necro does alone he does not, hence why I think they count as 1 agrowise. But the neat part is, they cant agro the caster, only the pet even if he gets adds.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
thats what i though baldrian (that having ppl grouped with you would draw aggro from Sally's - but the other week when i did it, i forgot to ungroup the person who needed the arti, and i just did it - they were coming up from the MS spot, and didnt generate aggro - they stood next to my BB - whilst necro did encounter by the pad - no aggro and all over and done with in a couple of mins.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Right, the main advantage of the Necro over the cabby is the transference of stats to the Abom. This allows a necro to have a "Summoning Suit" with +400hits and +101con and a "Fighting Suit" with +101dex/int and capped resists. The HP/con relate directly to the abom's absorb and are transferred at the time the pet is summoned. Dex/Int affect (I think) cast-speed and spell damage and these are done "on the fly".

Secondly, a necro cannot be aggro'd by mobs and can use insta-spells while the pet is in melee (damage shield, HOT, Lifetap, Nuke).

Thirdly, a necro has an insta-AOE STR/CON debuff which is used to pull aggro off bots/PLs. This makes PLing lowbie toons (who would be 1-shotted) much safer.

The cabalist advantages are that they have access to ML9, have access to better CC (root) and have a much higher delve damage shield. In general, for high-level mobs, a necro is probably better than a cabby. For PLing, my experience shows that Cabby and Necro are pretty much equal, unless the cabby has ML9. 50 Cabby with ML9 in Task Instance is probably the best PL in Alb.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
If I'm right (correct me when I'm wrong :p) most servant necro's have 2 set of gears, also known as summon gear and fighting gear, since there are stats ( I don't remember which) that you transfer to your pet at the moment you're casting him, and there are stats that you transfer to him when he's already there.. next to that, every buff the necro pet will get, highers his absorb, don't know if this counts for the cabby pet too.

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
You guys are missing the most obvious reason. DI heals bommy, doesnt heal cabby pet.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
I do agree that I like the chanter too. Hibs also have a lot more than we have matter cabbies, since Mana chanter is viable in RvR(pbaoe, stun ect) whereas a matter cabby is pretty useless in RvR.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Having both an ml10 (ex-matter) cabalist and a ml10 servant necro I can say with absolute certantity that neither are best.

Which is best for farming high level mobs depends entirely on which high level mob your farming.

Cabby has higher focus damage, and access to ml9.
Necro has the advantage of DI, the shade not being attackable and higher absorb on the pet.

For PL'ing, ml9 matter cabby wins hands down!

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
servant necros are better for arties as the necro cant get aggro the pet does, unlike cabbies and di will heal a necro pet but it wont a cabbie pet, servant necros are best to have a summoning suit (capped con and hits) and fighting suit (capped resists, dex and int)

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
1 vitail difference about the DS cabby is focus ie you cant do any thing else necro is a 20sec spell (more with + to duration) and you can cast other spells ie HoT

necro = safer DS pulls and pling
cabby = quicker but riskier (lots quicker with ml9)

if there is a chance of mobs BAFing on you or your grp (ie BB) use a necro (aoe painworking debuff pull)
if its a solo mob that will aggro the cleric for healing use necro (di works on necro pets not on cabby pets)

if its a mob that will not move and is magic resistant use a cabby pet fully buff

ps mythic fix jade sims so there self DS works ot give them something else

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
Rhori said:
If I'm right (correct me when I'm wrong :p) most servant necro's have 2 set of gears, also known as summon gear and fighting gear, since there are stats ( I don't remember which) that you transfer to your pet at the moment you're casting him, and there are stats that you transfer to him when he's already there.. next to that, every buff the necro pet will get, highers his absorb, don't know if this counts for the cabby pet too.

spec AF dosent work on cabby or necro pets afaik there was some test on VN ages ago

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Con and hits transfer at summon. resists effect after summon so summon suit should have 400 hits, 101 con and fighting suit 100 dex, 100 int, capped resists and what ever u can fit in. spec af and int buff on pet dont do shit.

darkho

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Having both an ml10 (ex-matter) cabalist and a ml10 servant necro I can say with absolute certantity that neither are best.

Which is best for farming high level mobs depends entirely on which high level mob your farming.

Cabby has higher focus damage, and access to ml9.
Necro has the advantage of DI, the shade not being attackable and higher absorb on the pet.

For PL'ing, ml9 matter cabby wins hands down!

i have to disagree to this

i have 2 serv necs on my 3 acounts 1 toad for pling uthere well a jumble of this and that but the second nec has 1800 hits nad his dam shield hits for 20 to 40 mo dam each hit than my main pl nec

darkho has 999 hits dus 3 aoe nukes

thepianfulldeath 1800 hits dus 2 aoe nukes

sort of even each uthere out on damage but when it coms down to it thepianfulldeath can take 2 time ( probs more than darkho) thanks to his hits

ppl go for int dex and qui i havent botherd at all with a tem on thepain and not going to bother messing with it as it works out

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
darkho said:
i have to disagree to this

You've not made one reason why you disagree. You wrote a load of jumbled garbage about how you have 2 necro's and can't be arsed to equip them. What's your point?

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
i got a mattercabby shield drains power but u can do all artis even without ml9 :)
but suggest u buy rogs etc.. to get 75% powerpool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom