Focus Nerf

C

cercela

for those of you who DONT know let me set this straight about whats happening durring the focus nerf.

BTW: dad has account on US servers so I've seen first hand the changes in focus pulling.

Basically if one healer throws more then 2 weak heals they get agro. In order for focus pulling to be sucessful you have to pull a max or 1 red/ 2 oranges.

the pet must get to half life before you heal or you will get agro. PBing also takes agro very quickly off pet now.

so basically farm whist you can cause the days are limited :(

btw also last patch notes they were giving stuff back to sauvages because they nerfed them too much...

C

cercela

whatever one the us server is using atm :p

cba to walk downstairs and check

W

Whandall

Very good news after all - xcept the denerf of sauvages :rolleyes:

O

old.SOSAGES

and it also seems mages are crap rvr in that patch ..so everyone tanks it

W

Whandall

Originally posted by old.SOSAGES
and it also seems mages are crap rvr in that patch ..so everyone tanks it

So wheres the change then? :m00:

F

finbahr

sad in my opinion that hibernia has nerfed its own realm what do you want we are the magic realm. magic should be the main stay of hib instead your just turning us into a watered down version of mid

D

Demolay

Back to learning how to play in groups then fellow Hibbies finally :)

W

wuntvor

Basically if one healer throws more then 2 weak heals they get agro. In order for focus pulling to be sucessful you have to pull a max or 1 red/ 2 oranges.

the pet must get to half life before you heal or you will get agro. PBing also takes agro very quickly off pet now.

so basically farm whist you can cause the days are limited

eeerrrmmm not sure how to put this....................

errrrmmm..........................

ooohh yeah.....................

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z

zoia

Originally posted by cercela
btw also last patch notes they were giving stuff back to sauvages
They are sending albs into Forest Sauvage again? GREAT!!! :D

O

old.Nol

I actually don't think this is a bad thing, I've got quite sick of seeing people camping group levelling spots with a chanter and their alt, while other players are relegated to begging or hoping they know someone in the PL group. Proper fg's get forced to go somewhere else to level because some arsehole has been camping the decent spots for 3 days.

If it had been like this from the start, then we would have been saved from a thousand and one threads about afk guilds at Fins, while chanter PL's all.

It's grand that we are forced to remember this is a team game.

O

old.Nol

btw also last patch notes they were giving stuff back to sauvages because they nerfed them too much...

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1130.shtml - No mention of gaiving anything back to savages, in fact more savage nerfs are expecte based on mackey's response to the "savage question" on VN boards.

I have 3 lvl 50's chars in the US, focus nerf is good imo.

E

Event

Why this move to tank only hib grps - crazy imo

bard
drood nat/reg
drood reg/nat
BM
BM
s/s hero
mana eld
mana eld

buffs by bots

V

vintervargen

grats for whining enuf to get us double play time when we hit 50 :rolleyes:

R

rytme

But is it possible to farm with a mentalist and chanter then? HoT wont draw aggro... right? :)
And how about DF? Is it impossible to focus pull a nightmare for example, using mentalist HoT?

Chanter, pet with buffs, mentalist... good combo?

X

Xeanor

use mana mentalist, doesn't take aggro ^^

and verdant animist for absorb ^^

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by rytme
But is it possible to farm with a mentalist and chanter then? HoT wont draw aggro... right? :)
And how about DF? Is it impossible to focus pull a nightmare for example, using mentalist HoT?

Chanter, pet with buffs, mentalist... good combo?

yep ;)

also aggro generated is proportional to range, so you can still heal if your healer is standing at maximum range.

You can pull conservator + trash in galla with just a mentalist HoTing, you might not be able to focus GSC anymore, or the other larger bosses but its still gonna be viable I think.

Focus pulling will still be there I recon, but its gonna need people with some small skills to do it, not just a bunch of random muppets spamming heal like theres no tomorrow.

S

Sichama

I guess there will allways be ways to speed up leveling for those that don't want to go through it again and that is good.

Focus pull though has gone too wild it needed toning down as players don't seem to be able to use the system without abusing it.

I have seen a few chanters refuse to focus in prime time houres or/and highly soughted out spots. If only everyone would do that and not these few only.

And yes it is allways bad to see a realm nerf itself but this was brought by the ones overusing it themselves.

I only hope that tanks have learned a lesson, beeing on the undesired classes list for a while and don't have the attidute they had before anymore.

Ofcourse now that the nerf is anticipated i expect to see focus groups everywhere, 24/7.

C

cercela

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid

also aggro generated is proportional to range, so you can still heal if your healer is standing at maximum range.

not true... in testing it was like that.... now its different

i was standing at max range threw 3 minor heals (to fully heal pet) and got agro

hot i think doesnt draw agro but pbing will, so if you are pulling mobs in DF you will need buff bot and ment bot and hope that hot can keep pet alive the whole fight

B

boni_ofdavoid

not true... in testing it was like that.... now its different

i was standing at max range threw 3 minor heals (to fully heal pet) and got agro

(Im purely speculating btw, havent played any US / test versions).

isnt it about timing?

You say you threw 3 minor heals (to fully heal pet). I know mobs that would kill you right now for doing that. Can you wait for the pet to get down to 25% health then just throw minor heals to keep it in the range 25-50%?

Also, what master of the arcane does your chanter have? Did you use base dmg shield as well? Was the healer grouped with the chanter? Oh and was the pet well buffed (yellow+ druid specs)?

I would be dead interested to know :D Cheers.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by vintervargen
grats for whining enuf to get us double play time when we hit 50 :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that nothing excal, or EU players for that matter, did or said changed the fact that a focus nerf was coming, so take it to vnboards imo.

C

Cloak_

Isnt this also the patch where Enchantments line gives pet a self heal proc negating the need for massive amounts of healing? :rolleyes:

O

old.Reno

That enchantment buff is already among us, as are the other changes to the enchantments spec line.

Danita

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Reno
That enchantment buff is already among us, as are the other changes to the enchantments spec line.

Danita

Is there anything of use there? I havent exactly seen floods of chantment spec chanters being leveld?

R

Ravenbourne

Focus is boring, focus is tedious. mana elds >>>> mana chanters

J

jaapi

Originally posted by Cloak_
Isnt this also the patch where Enchantments line gives pet a self heal proc negating the need for massive amounts of healing? :rolleyes:
I started to play enchantment specced chanter a while back and got it to 41... it has that proc allready. :)

C

cercela

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
(Im purely speculating btw, havent played any US / test versions).

isnt it about timing?

You say you threw 3 minor heals (to fully heal pet). I know mobs that would kill you right now for doing that. Can you wait for the pet to get down to 25% health then just throw minor heals to keep it in the range 25-50%?

Also, what master of the arcane does your chanter have? Did you use base dmg shield as well? Was the healer grouped with the chanter? Oh and was the pet well buffed (yellow+ druid specs)?

I would be dead interested to know :D Cheers.

lvl 25 chanter and 25 druid, no ra's, reg druid. All mana in chanter, druid 11 in nurt. Grouped etc. Pulled 1 red plated fiend. Pet was knocked down to half life and i threw three of the smallest heals I could bringing pet up to 90% or so but taking agro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom