Focus nerf vs exp groups

A

aldar_

well ehm. was thinking about starting an exp group but there are some things Id like to know first:

Does anyone know how soon the focusnerf is comming and how/ how much it will impact paboe/focus expgroups.

If its a huge nerf what chars do you suggest is needed in a PBAOE group and how would this group work vs the original nontank expgroup even without the nerf

edit: I may be wrong, not sure if thers a nerf but its something I heard

O

old.Emma

there is a nurf and its due within a couple weeks.

the trick is to have any support class (druids/bard/warden) heal from max range after the focus shield has taken ~25% mobs hp. do not pbae until then. better of having a mentalist in the group to HoT the mob as that doesnt generate aggro.

W

wyleia

From what i heard, the focus nerf is next week? end of january they had said...

Pbaoe grps > focus grps really... You need very little downtime... When i leveled my chanter to 50, we didnt focus, we used a real pbaoe grp.. setup was:

Druid
Bard
Shield Tank
3x Pbaoe (mana eld/chanter)
Warden
Mana Mentalist.

We owned the inside of Tur Suil with this group 40-50 and it was superfast xp with barely any downtime.. Hero and warden take all the aggro spamming taunt, and the pbaoers pbaoe and mentalist dots.

Didnt use focus until i started to powerlevel my alts.. Doing the massive pulls outside of TS in a focus grp is about the same xp you get in a pbaoe group described above inside the dungeon at the higher levels.. but of course this works at any level :)

X

Xray

From what i understand the main thing about the nerf that will make focus groups impossible, is that when the pet pulls a baf mob agro is spread across the entire group. Atm all mobs go to the pet. This means that the running pulls outside formor will no longer be possible.

If you want to pull baf mobs you need tanks to taunt them.

Users who are viewing this thread