FOA: Jenniiie

Toffie

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know who she/he is on fh so posted it here.

Great fights m8 your one tough cookie, found it funny that almost evertime I had you on 10% you mostly got a block or a parry lol and then ofc HOT:mad: and ofc damn those powerpots! :) You won 2 out of 2, but then again I saw you lose vs a rog vamp. Valkry the new kryptonite for my paladin? Who has to rely on his turtle like shell to outlive the opponent wish is not the case with valkrys:mad:

Anyways, in thid it seems Valkry's are quite strong if in good equipment and played decent.

will some one enlighten me about how the valkrys heal-over-time works? and what about that insta like heal?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
No offense, but giving praise to a Valk now is like giving it to a Bonedancer for strafing u. Fotm stupid op needs to be nerfed at least in thid , Friars are a bit op too. I used to love Valkyries, allways a nice fight, now i just sit down if i meet one. Whats the point vs that hoT.

And ofc its another Midgard class with Healing thats fun to play. Meaning theyre allways gonna have the advantage.

:(

God i never thought id say this, but bring back tons of Bainshess and Vamps to thid lol.

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
No offense, but giving praise to a Valk now is like giving it to a Bonedancer for strafing u. Fotm stupid op needs to be nerfed at least in thid , Friars are a bit op too. I used to love Valkyries, allways a nice fight, now i just sit down if i meet one. Whats the point vs that hoT.

And ofc its another Midgard class with Healing thats fun to play. Meaning theyre allways gonna have the advantage.

:(

God i never thought id say this, but bring back tons of Bainshess and Vamps to thid lol.

Have to agree that HoT is too good in thid it needs a little tweak (I didnt say the N word).
Mid has 3 classes now that are a little too lollerskates in thid for my liking, still Im going to keep on trying to make this tic of mine work.

Toffie

Fledgling Freddie
I remember cleary beating yours dori:fluffle:
If you are Zantera with the shiny sword

Toema

Fledgling Freddie
Killing a Valk solo now is virually impossible even when they are just in aurulite kit. The inst Heal and HoT are OP.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'd like to get a fight vs. Jamiiie, but everytime I met him, I got added on or other albs came and chased him away :(

Give my reaver more 1vs1s :D

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Toema said:
Killing a Valk solo now is virually impossible even when they are just in aurulite kit. The inst Heal and HoT are OP.
I agree, usually try and steer clear of them unless im in a group lol. too op by a long shot now :(

oh and <3 toema :)

Toffie

Fledgling Freddie
But still can someone from mid side explain how the heals work? And also they heal other mids group only or range cast?etc

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
@Toffie
As for the heals.

The two heals that offend you that much are a insta PBAOE heal and a insta cast HoT.

So for a solo it's like a Valky has single insta heals (like a Druid would have or healer or cleric) and HoT's. HoT ticks 4 times every 2 seconds and starts 2 secs after being cast.

Both spells eats lot of power, for me it burned like 3 bubbs of power each with 17 mending in Thid. You can lookup the spells at camelotherald if you need more specific data.

The problem is with a s/s Valky (I play one) that you specc sword, shield, parry, Odins Will (OW) and Mending with 2.0 specc points per level.

What I want to say is... either high OW or high/medium mending... both is not good because you are nearly oop after 1 insta DD, 1 cone DD, 1 debuff, 1 root, 1 insta PBAOE, 1 HoT.

To my mind if a Valky speccs 20 mending for Thid... the HoT is damn powerful. But - you have to select yourself to HoT you. So it's break the combat, don't hit any1, select yourself, wait a moment till the game client recognises that, HoT, select target to attack.

So lot's of time where the Valky can't hit you :)

Stealthers gave me good fights in Thid. Backstab (stun - no heal possible!!!), desease, dot and dual wielding... chainmail weak to pierce --> OUCH.

In most cases I had to burn 1 PBAOE and 1 HoT and still was not at full HP all the while the other guy was meleeing me! (and had still 100% HP) With the assasin switching weapons and reapplying DoTs it became really nasty.

Ok - maybe it was me. I am not used to tanks/hybrids. And I had no special gear, just your average Aurulite bought set and a player crafted sword. And I was unbuffed. I felt I had a fair chance to actually play that char, rather than insta-dieing to everybody and his grandma.

If you got other questions regarding Valks - let me know. Am only lvl39 and will move to Leirvik soon, but if I able to answer I'll do so.

/bow

P.S. at higher levels the effiency of the HoT and the insta PBAOE lessens, at lvl39 I can heal myself for like 225 HP with the insta PBAOE heal... and I got >1000HP...

Here's a part of chat.log when I fought a Mincer in Molvik:

[20:38:41] You enter combat mode and target [Heif-Prydwen]
[20:38:41] Heif is too far away to attack!
[20:38:41] The timber cat hits your torso for 60 (-8) damage!
[20:38:41] The timber cat hits your torso for 71 (-10) damage!
[20:38:41] Heif attacks you with his sword!
[20:38:41] Heif hits you for 52 damage.
[20:38:42] You prepare to perform a Reinforcement!
[20:38:42] You are now preparing to perform a Polar Rift style as a backup for Reinforcement!
[20:38:42] You perform your Polar Rift perfectly. (+38)
[20:38:42] You attack Heif with your sword and hit for 81 (-10) damage!
[20:38:42] You hit Heif for 106 (-2) damage!
[20:38:43] You prepare to perform a Reinforcement!
[20:38:43] You are now preparing to perform a Polar Rift style as a backup for Reinforcement!
[20:38:43] You target Jorykia.
[20:38:44] This spell only works on members of your realm!
[20:38:44] Heif attacks you with his sword!
[20:38:44] Heif hits you for 56 damage.
[20:38:44] The timber cat attacks you and misses!
[20:38:45] You cast a Odin's Elixir Spell!
[20:38:45] You feel calm and healthy.
[20:38:45] Heif casts a spell!
[20:38:45] Heif hits you for 99 damage.
[20:38:46] You can't attack yourself!
[20:38:46] Heif casts a spell!
[20:38:46] Heif hits you for 73 damage.

==> well... thats 355dmg a mincer did on me in 5sec (pierce/shield), can decide if I fight back (187dmg) or HoT. If I PBAOE heal I can regen like 225HP, leaves me with 130dmg still and next PBAOE heal in 15secs.

So I am not an insta kill with my Valky for everyone else... ok. But overpowered and god-like? Get real. But again - I am not used to tanks or hybrids... maybe it's just me thinking that way. Maybe a really good player can really cause havoc with a Valky. But then... a good player can do this on almost every other toon too.

As for your Paladin - outlast the Valky (yes - will take some time) and it will be a very nice fight with both having the chance to win.

/salute

Toffie

Fledgling Freddie
Jor said:
@Toffie
As for the heals.

The two heals that offend you that much are a insta PBAOE heal and a insta cast HoT.

not offended by them curious how they work so I might know how to counter them :fluffle:

thx for the info

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
Jor u said you unbuffed and untemplated, perhaps the difference.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Toffie said:
not offended by them curious how they work so I might know how to counter them :fluffle:

thx for the info

Sorry... most people seem to be offended... that's why I wrote that. No offense meant. :worthy:

Well... as I said... outdamage the Valky or outlast her. If you have a 1-hit-monster char you might be disappointed when fighting a Valky.

For practising... in Molvik there are quite some gravewoods - they root/DoT and selfheal. So you get some melee+magic damage from them and they heal infight. Be careful as they sometimes BAF and it ain't funny having 3 angry orange con trees chasing you :\

/wave

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Bladze said:
Jor u said you unbuffed and untemplated, perhaps the difference.

Can't say if he was fully buffed... iirc I saw a STR buff dropping when I killed him, not more. But he had a yellow con to me pet... which did quite some damage. What I wanted to show is that you can outdamage a Valky or be on par even when she self-heals. It really comes down to how often I hit/parry/block and vice versa.

And yes - I am in drop gear and most likely unbuffed. Never had a BB and don't consider a buffbotted char as a single enemy, so I guess there aren't many fair 1o1 out there for me :( :(

For me it is always something special when I am in a grp and can get some buffs... that's the way how it should be.

As for the template... hm. My armor is half blue/green half yellow at 39 and so are my weapons... so I guess have to get me some orange con stuff soon, maybe with some resists for Leirvik... I don't think I'll do a real template... do you guys template your BG toons? I mean... here and there a quest, doing Epic and stuff, getting some jewelry etc. - good. But things like artifacts, player crafted armor, SCed with proccs and stuff? For a BG?

I guess I'll get spanked hard in Leirvik then :(

Oh well. But I will try at least. :m00:

/salute

Golgh

Fledgling Freddie
Toffie said:
Don't know who she/he is on fh so posted it here.

Great fights m8 your one tough cookie, found it funny that almost evertime I had you on 10% you mostly got a block or a parry lol and then ofc HOT:mad: and ofc damn those powerpots! :) You won 2 out of 2, but then again I saw you lose vs a rog vamp. Valkry the new kryptonite for my paladin? Who has to rely on his turtle like shell to outlive the opponent wish is not the case with valkrys:mad:

Anyways, in thid it seems Valkry's are quite strong if in good equipment and played decent.

will some one enlighten me about how the valkrys heal-over-time works? and what about that insta like heal?

Yea was great fun fighting u 1vs1 and valks are really powerful whit insta heal and that HoT but u gave me some problem with that evul pala of urs =)

Golgh

Fledgling Freddie
and that vamp did like insane dmg whit his claw and i was to slow on my HoT, will not happen again =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom