Floods

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
There are people canoeing down my street and my county has been declared a diaster zone or nuclear fallout zone or something mad.

Yorkshire eh? tsk.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Wot no pics?

Random neighbours in a canoe are fine: bonus points for a postman :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Aye, some grave news here im afraid. The locals have been mourning ever since it happened, and a majority of the people around Northampton are wearing black armbands to show their grief.

One of the largest local pubs lost *130* barrels of Draught Bitter as within 5 minutes of rain, the cellar was under 4 feet of water :(

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Aye, some grave news here im afraid. The locals have been mourning ever since it happened, and a majority of the people around Northampton are wearing black armbands to show their grief.

One of the largest local pubs lost *130* barrels of Draught Bitter as within 5 minutes of rain, the cellar was under 4 feet of water :(

what u didnt dive in to the celler to save the barrals tsk. :p

had some in hudds as well tunnals and stuff all out

mank!

Part of the furniture
we've hardly had any rain here, bloody northerners.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Had to be a fuckign blonde women really. A brummy one, too.

Christ too many people think they are invincible in their little rustbuckets.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
god obviusly decided that all you northerners needed your anual bath.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It amazes me how many people drive blindley into deep water thinking they will get through to the otherside.

It amazes me even more when people are shocked that their houses get washed away when they build them on a river's flood plain...

Build on a hill its safer!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
heh, most people just don't understand how engines work. The stupid thing is that if she'd gone a little faster and kept her momentum, she'd probably have got through it.

Daft bint.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
heh, most people just don't understand how engines work. The stupid thing is that if she'd gone a little faster and kept her momentum, she'd probably have got through it.

Daft bint.

I'm not sure she would have, there looked to be more than 100m to go and surely the momentum would be lost pretty quickly as you create a bow wave going forward (although that would keep the engine drier)

THat said, a few years back we were driving across the moors when they flooded more than that and we managed to get through all the floods by driving benind trucks and keeping in the split in the water behind them. (that and driving a diesel helped.....)

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Daft bint.

Well yes...she seemed to be making good progress but stopped and put the car in reverse which was her 2nd mistake

Chilly

Balls of steel
why didnt she just fuckin get out and push it back? she wasnt floating and it was only a foot or so where she was

Clown

Part of the furniture
She wanted her arse out on the helicopter cam, innit.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's like a distress signal maybe? Anyone in the locality with an asbo would have homed in on the dangling chav arse to rescue her, or maybe it's easier to leave the car on bricks if it's under a foot of water...

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I feel your pain Xtro... my folks place flooded back in 2001, or rather, our entire village did. Council in Guildford didn't want their posh area to potentially suffer flood damage so they opened their flood gates totally screwing over anyone further down the canal.... and since we have the river Wey on the other side of the village, we got wet :mad:

Building houses on the flood plain is what caused it... and people from my village are being called NIMBY's for not wanting another 2000 houses built on the last bit of flood plain left.

Hope you got beers.... if I was stuck in a house cos of flooding again, I'd get very drunk. It's the sensible thing to do.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Dunno if anyone is catching the national news chans but Sheffield is blitzed over all of them. 5-6ft of water covering half the city, people being airlifted off the roofs of houses 10 minutes away from where I live.

Mental, this city is built on 7 HILLS for fucks sake! One poor kid has been swept away :( The place is completely fucked.

It took me 5 and a half hours to get home, normally it takes me 40 mins.

Gr8 m8.

mank!

Part of the furniture
are you typing this from the roof of your mudhut? bloody northerners never stop whinging.

not that much rain here.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Dunno if anyone is catching the national news chans but Sheffield is blitzed over all of them. 5-6ft of water covering half the city, people being airlifted off the roofs of houses 10 minutes away from where I live.

Mental, this city is built on 7 HILLS for fucks sake! One poor kid has been swept away :( The place is completely fucked.

It took me 5 and a half hours to get home, normally it takes me 40 mins.

Gr8 m8.

Pity it didn't rain like this a week ago, Gatecrasher might never of caught fire...

Birmingham has missed most of the heavy stuff this time around (Aston and Sutton Coldfield got it pretty bad a few weeks ago) but it's not going to let up anytime soon I don't think - yay english summer. :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
are you typing this from the roof of your mudhut? bloody northerners never stop whinging.

not that much rain here.

Hah. You'll be the first to start moaning once the hosepipe bans come in, and the first to start asking for NORTHERNER'S WATER to be piped down!

:D

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Callous, last week me and a mate were sat in a pub not far from Gatecrasher. We noticed a burning smell, I thought it was the chef burning the pub food.

We only twigged last night that it was Gatecrasher burning down...oops.

Police think it's arson, so does 99% of everyone else here. Tsk tsk.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I work for Gatecrasher elsewhere and most who know the company think it was an insurance job - it went up far too quickly. I thought they'd ruled out arson, but that's only what we've been told by company management (electrical fire emanating from the dj box) - the conspiracy theories were flying the day after the fire... :)

But yeah, people need to get the hell out from under that dam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom