flood pics

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Was near Oxford failing in getting to the Cotswolds on Friday, will upload pics later

Gray

FH is my second home
Some guys car, he kinda forgot to stop showing off with his convertible and put the roof back up it seems.

Not a real flood pic, but im sure he had a wet arse. Since it was left like that for about 2hrs in the pissing down rain :p

ImageShack - Hosting :: roofuj7.jpg

Chilly

Balls of steel
iv just been doing some hardcore cycling thru Oxford. Water above my wheels, only my handlebars/saddle didnt get properly submerged at one point.

I have many, many excellent photos il upload tomorrow/later. As for now, Im off out again to watch the thames pop its banks at osney and cause a billion pounds worth of damage. tara.

Chilly

Balls of steel
nah, had a tin of wd40 on me all day, been giving every important part of the bike a good soaking every now and then, used half of a large tin today!

Hopefully itl be ok. More pics: Dolmo Gallery - Home > Various

Chilly

Balls of steel
and its only now I realise that putting wd40 on a wet bike is actually one of the worst things you can do! Luckily I've just soaked it in proper bike lube. hope I didnt dry out the bearings with the wd40.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
god obviusly decided that all you northerners needed your anual bath.

Taken from the Floods thread I started not long back when we got hit.

Oh the irony.

Hope you have a canoe my Mekon like friend.

Chilly

Balls of steel
got an inflatable boat and no fear of water so il be fine!

Tilda

The pics of around my area on the BBC website are pretty funny.

Our water will go off tonight as the resevior runs out of clean water because the pumping station is flooded. They also think if the Severn goes up 25cm(which puts it over the defences) it'll flood the local power transformer and knock out 500,000 peoples power! Fun!

*is glad his house is on a hill*

Tilda

No water this morning, its still pissing it down here.
Luckily we have access to a hooge water butt and our roof tank is full. We'll have drinking water for a bit, but then may have to resort to boiling the butt water.
One substation went down in the night so 43,000 are without power, luckly we still have power. Who knows if we will tonight!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
indeed :)

I feel for you guys in the wet areas. Some of the pics on telly were nasty, and there was a feature where sea-king helis were winching people to safety o0

G

is Oxford underwater, good, fkin freaks who live there need a bath.....

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
finally, living in a shit hole is paying off for me!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

That was near Morton on Marsh nearish to Oxford, left our house in Northampton at 11ish, didnt get home until gone 5 never made it to our hotel
We stopped at a pub on the way to grab some late lunch, there was a slight puddle in the car park when we got there. by the time we had both popped to the toilet before we ordered some food the water was coming in under the door so we legged it out. we just made it out of the car park before it flooded, we should have turned back then :p

Bloody stupid weather, had the heating on yesterday

Edit, not sure why the sky looks so blue, it was dark grey

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think Brooky's new trend is to go around attacking all things Oxford... Can't think why.

*cough*lecter*cough*

Chilly

Balls of steel
it smells a lot worse than that atm. give it a couple of weeks and wel be back to smelling of PURE FUCKING SUCCESS.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
is Oxford underwater, good, fkin freaks who live there need a bath.....

Says Elland Road boy.

Fuck's sake Brooky Leeds is a hive of chav villainy and filth. And to save you the effort - I think Sheffield is full of poo poo kaka too.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Just commenting on the flood covereage, its seems that as it starts flooding South, there is more info and stuff on the news where in places like Hull and Sheffield, there is very little.

I guess thats where all the tv execs live though ;)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
BBC news attacking the defences lol.

The defences for Upton-upon-Severn were stored in my home town of Kidderminster, I had to look on a map to work out where upton was (I'd heard of it but wasn't sure where exactly it was), it's over 20 miles away the other side of Worcester. Why the defences were stored in Kidderminster is the main question, it isn't even on the river Severn, and when they called for the defences it was on a friday at 2pm and thus it got caught up in traffic.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
By the way, I run a boatyard. Just thought I'd throw that in there, you know, for information sake and stuff.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Plenty of business opportunity's for those living on flood planes. You'd make a fortune stocking up on sandbags, dehumidifiers and pumps. Oh, and boats like Gumbo.

Chilly

Balls of steel
ch3tan - yes and I'm sure there are people who will do that. however, most people have consciences and wont rip off people who are already in need.

Sand bags are free to the public here, drinking water is free to those who need it, accomodation is free for those that need it also. We are pretty well off in Oxford - average council tax here is about 50 million quid so there is enough money to keep people dry I think.

oh and gumbo - where is your yard? And if its anywhere near brum/oxford, wanna sell me a perm mooring (60 foot narrow) for cheap? :D

also, more pics of the worsening floods: Facebook | David Prime's Photos – flooded botley #2

Gumbo

FH is my second home
My yard is on the Norfolk Broads, and we've had no business opportunities, ahem, flood problems here at all. I do feel for the narrowboat yards out there, I can imagine it is impacting their seasons pretty desperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom