Confused Flickering screen?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Got a weird one here. When a mates PC has been on for a while, the screen starting flickering off and back on. The USB device disconnect sounds also plays at this time. I've updated the graphics drivers and I've run a Windows update. Hasn't done the trick. Not seeing anything in the Event Logs and as far as I can tell the temps are fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Access Denied

Well the other techie I know reckons it's either overheating or there's a crack in the board which is separating when it gets hot. I'm going for the former since I've now seen how much air there ISN'T around the case.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Long shot but some of the monitors in our office flicker occasionally when there's a mobile phone near them, as if the mobile communicating with the nearest mast causes a moment's interference.

Access Denied

I thought it might be a problem with Flash, Shockwave, AIR or DirectX as it only seems to happen when we're watching something online or when someone is on Google Earth. Updated all and same problem. Ordered a graphics card which should arrive tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'll try a format and reinstall and see how that goes.

Access Denied

Update! Graphics card arrived, installed and the problem seems to have vanished. Seems @Scouse was right about the onboard card being on the blink. Cheers for the advice guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom