Food Flavoured vodka's

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Had an amazing caramel vodka tonight, can honestly say it is one of the nicest things I have ever had to drink. Last year I had Polish rose vodka as well and that too was amazing. Speaking to a friend while drinking tonight he recommended I try Krupnik, either chilled or served as a hot shot but he said it is one of the best alcohol drinks around. So of course I am going to order some online and some caramel vodka too, have also put a few sticks of cinnamon into a half decent bottle of triple distilled vodka which in 6 weeks should taste great. Then after a little more reading I found a really interesting forum post that said dissolving a packet of Wurthers Original sweets into a litre of vodka, then drinking with fresh apple juice made an stunning cocktail.

All in all a good night, going to look into making more flavoured vodka's of my own and experimenting a bit. Does anyone have any good tips or combinations to pass along?

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-5117.aspx

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Very easy to do, I've done skittles 3 times, fantastic stuff, made my own Chilli vodka, and have the chase Farm Marmalade stuff. Lovely versatile drink, but you do need good vodka, it's not great with the cheap shit.

If you are using sweets or anything that leaves a residue, then make sure you filter it through coffee filters or thick kitchen towel to leave you without bits of crap and e-numbers floating around. I'd also avoid mixing flavours too much, it doesn't work in my experience.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nice idea with the skittles, that could be fun for a female friends 28th bash in November! :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The skittles vodka is very very sweet. Make sure you separate the colours and follow the volumes used in the guide huntingtons posted, they are spot on. Makes a great gift as it looks very bold in clear glass bottles. Drink ice cold, mix with soda water if you don't want it straight.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Skittles or gummy bears. All ends up the same, need to filter them both. Unless ofc you like gunk n bits.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gonna try the Wurthers Original one this weekend if I can sort the bottles and filters out.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Happy days, Lidl have German week on from today and they have a nice apple Schnapps on for £5.99! Time to stock up for the holiday season!

LIDL

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Skittles or gummy bears. All ends up the same, need to filter them both. Unless ofc you like gunk n bits.

Gummy bears work better if you soak them in alcohol and eat them. They don't give as good a vodka as skittles, because they don't dissolve as well.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Wine+Cola = famous street drink in Spain (Kalimocho) also add a bit of blackberry licquor and if you don't find it sweet enuff then 2 sugar small spoon amount (for 0.75l)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Looking at that kurpnik vodka has inspired me to try a cinnamon and nutmeg vodka.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looking at that kurpnik vodka has inspired me to try a cinnamon and nutmeg vodka.

lol! Last night I emailed Revolution (chain of vodka bars) with cinnamon and nutmeg as flavour suggestion for their homemade selection of flavoured vodka.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not sure how much nutmeg and cinnamon to use, might just shove a couple of sticks in a small bottle and see how well it takes the flavour over a few days.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Wine+Cola = famous street drink in Spain (Kalimocho) also add a bit of blackberry licquor and if you don't find it sweet enuff then 2 sugar small spoon amount (for 0.75l)

aw forgot to say its 2/3 wine and 1/3 cola

Laddey

FH is my second home
Megan has a collection of them.

Rasberry, Skittles...all sorts!

Although she doesn't drink them. Lol. For show maybe?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If they aren't home made, then she's not got a collection :) Some of the shite that is sold as flavoured vodka is criminal.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not sure how much nutmeg and cinnamon to use, might just shove a couple of sticks in a small bottle and see how well it takes the flavour over a few days.

Weeks bud, cinnamon takes a minimum of 4 weeks to infuse properly. It colours the vodka in about a week but the flavour is very very weak at that point. No idea on nutmeg, will have to look into that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There is a bar in town called Bar Soviet that sells all sorts but you have to be careful, there are so many you want to try that you can be shit faced in half an hour. They have anything from refreshers flavour to after eight mints flavour.

I make my own, currently enjoying my home grown strawberry vodka and I plan on making some vanilla this weekend.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Revolution do 6 shots from 50 flavours for £7 so I will be giving that a go soon.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I make my own, currently enjoying my home grown strawberry vodka and I plan on making some vanilla this weekend.

How about you post some recipes? Strawberry vodka would be immense. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ok :)

Stawberry vodka
You need 2 1 litre glass bottles
1 litre of vodka
enough stawberrys to fill a litre bottle
caster sugar
Put half the vodka in each bottle and top up with strawberrys (cut them into bits)
Add sugar, as much as you want, the more the sweeter etc
Leave for 4 days and then seive out the strawberrys, it will end up being a little more than a litre

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I drank vodka....

:twak: you sunnyjim are flipping banned from drinking vodka after almost getting your guts burned out that last time!!

...am rarther partial to blue wkd, i think thats vodka but am not sure, usually end up wearing it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's allegedly made with a vodka, or vodka substitute of some sort. I'd go with it being made out of E numbers and not much else.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
:twak: you sunnyjim are flipping banned from drinking vodka after almost getting your guts burned out that last time!!

...am rarther partial to blue wkd, i think thats vodka but am not sure, usually end up wearing it.

If I make my own I can be sure it is the good stuff and no burny-burny for me! :D

Going out in a min to Rockyoke! Jagerbombs for me tonight, no work tomorrow! :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Seems the youngins' say that Eristoff Red is the new black of the flavz!

it's basicly just a sloe-vodka

Personally i'd prefer a good sloe gin, but meh

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
If I make my own I can be sure it is the good stuff and no burny-burny for me! :D

Going out in a min to Rockyoke! Jagerbombs for me tonight, no work tomorrow! :D

jagerbombs are teh win indeed.

With redbull ofc :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
In an Austrian bar we had "Kangaroo Ass" flavoured vodka, although there was no taste of Kangaroo ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom