Flavour of the month Runie=Supp/Dark/RC?

M

mid_Efour

Im nealry LvL 40 and im cnsidering using that respec. At the moment im pure sup, which has worked out pretty well for LvLing up both solo and grouped, for obvious reasons.

Now im thinking RvR. Do i stay SUPP? It seems that all the previous Flavour of the month Dark runies are saying now, oh geeee whiizzzz i wish i was a sup runie, boo hoo.

Am i missing something here id much rather be dealing out damage than walking arround NSing people or Running a Power draining 6 sec Bubble.

Ive only played BG1 runie, to get my MCL, and i was PURE 24 RC and i mean not even Bladeturn (2sup) boy did scouts and rangers have a laff at my expense, but i was dropping enemy casters all the time in one or 2 shots.

Anyway im quite sure you are going to say "well fool, it all depends on your playing style!" but could a few runies post here and tell me your current spec, How you would like to be specced given a respec tommorow, and why u want to spec out of your current class and into the new one.

Is Snare/nuke really that good? is 6sec pbt really that worth it in RvR at the cost of offensive power?

is 47RC-26sup still not the best spec? for versatility?

your advice is lovingly appreciated as ever!

Efour-LvLing charcters until SI comes out !! ! !

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

T

thorungla

Ok heres my opinion of my full supp rune:

1. Groups do love having that 6 sec PBT in RvR.

2. It is hard work trying to stay alive long enough to make you feel the PBT was of any use (base HP:910 and cloth armour - enough said).

3. Keep taking is great with 6sec PBT and NS. I can personally just wander about and take out all the bowman defenders.

4. Keep defence and 6sec PBT is ok for group members on the battlements, meanwhile I hide on a bomb, away from incoming assasins whilst I repair the doors.

5. NS is possibly the only offensive spell I cast in open rvr. Try to nullify a couple casters then start the running about trying to survive tactic.

6. Sometimes I think "wish i could just kill 1 or 2 of the enemy with nukes before I die, maybe that would be more productive"

7. 1v1 you stand an excellent chance against all classes, Ashame this almost never happens.

8. The DD+snare damage. I would guestimate the average dmg I do with this is 250-350 a pop, not exactly a killer since most unspecced healers can heal for same amount. The snare does help my running about like a headless chicken whilst I try and provide PBT.

9. Overall I would say probabaly all casters feel a little underclassed now unless they are within a very good group.

10. I would avoid the flavour of the month as a rule, Id expect a midgard group would rather 1 PBT rune and 1 nuking rune.

If I can think of anything else I'll add it laters.

A

Ardrias_Mid

I'm full dark. It's worked nicely so far, but after a little duel with Melgar last night, I'm considering a respec to 47RC24Dark11Supp.

First, Dark is all about damage, and nuking for ~380 on level 50's is decent enough.
But with Spellcrafting in the picture, EVERYONE has cap cold + racial, meaning I have to use the debuffnuke first, which does ~230 damage + 5% colddebuff. After this, the regular DD perhaps do those 380 again.

You get the best damage-add, which is nice, but doesnt really aid yourself.
You get a AE DD which hits for... ~250 on main target with some luck, and gives a 5% debuff to cold.

You got group bladeturn, not pulsing tho, and second nearsight.

I was happy with this spec before spellcrafting, but now I cant do what it's designed to do, damage. So I'm seriously considering a respec.

A

AzuratMinimus

Well spellcrafting haven´t affected supp runies that much, mostly since the specc never been about doing uber damage. Got lots of other tricks in the pocket.

M

mid_Efour

thnx guys some good advice keeep it coming as many opinions as possible plz ! :)

i would have thought now since everyone has at least 26%+ cold+energy resist now (at LEAST) you would be expecting this decline in nukeage damage? hmmmmm :p

anyway more ! plz !

U

ulukin

made my Supp spec runie a while back @49 in malmo atm, made him because of the lack of supp spec runemasters as i dont like to be "flavour of the month" however seems everyone is rolling supp RM now or respeccing.

advice on viable RM specs in RvR? dunno I have 131 rp atm :p

will tell you that supp spec got me G1 in malmo at 43 and should hit 50 in about 9 days 12 hours /played

/em waits at lair for a rez after going afk to write this and being killed by dragon, make that 9 days 12 hours and 15 mins now then ;)

T

thorungla

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the general talk/atmosphere on US DAoC concerning casters in general.

Basically their complaints are that the 'caster' is meant to be the heavy damage dealing classes of each realm at range given they have no melee skills and no suvivability in close quarters. This is no longer true.

Since the boosts to pure melee classes damage, as well as all the resists available in game via SC and new resist chants/buffs. Most casters claim they now do less damage than they are being hit for by almost all melee classes they face. And since their are no crush/thrust/slash resist chants or buffs this makes sense.

Also since their traditional targets the incoming charge of enemy tanks all have insta heals as well as the new 'spread heals' and 'batteries', very few nukers have any chance of killing a melee class before they start being hit. And with all the reduction to CC effectiveness both w.r.t timers and RA's such as determination it is becoming increasingly difficult to stop them being hit.

Of course this is all just what I have perceived to be the state of game currently across the Atlantic.

Oh yeas and one more thing pertaining to my Supp spec and the AE DD. I only ever cast this just to annoy a few ppl by slowing them. The drop off for DMG on an already weak DD is so extreme that those in the surrounding vicinity may as well have been hit by my spec lvl 19 GTAOE for a similar 40-50 dmg :)

M

mid_Efour

confused as me

heheh hmm interesting and true i guess, hmm

RUNE CARVING? where u rune carving runies? i know your a dying breed.

Suppression then is 6 SEc PBT really now the way for it to go?
lets be honest, my warrior has all the realm abilities he needs but i still get nuked off the face of the earth in fights, i dont think determination-purge makes a great lot of difference in ZERG style fighting which is all our server has nowdays...

still Bolts come on these are insane, u can 1 shot any other caster on the field, with a crit hmmm RC runies speek to me !!!

Dark spec runies that respec from RC speek to me!

Flavour flavour, people going suppression already...

A

AzuratMinimus

Bolts do very bad damage on tank since AF is in the damage calculation and shieldusers takes half damage. It´s very nice to bolt casters. My baseline bolt instakills bluecon casters.

R

rynnor

I've just started a full supp runey to complete my set of handy support chars.

Obviously PvE everyone loves a pulser - I have known many PBT runeys being asked to remain in group when they said they had to go afk for a while - nice :)

I think all casters should look at more utility type spells rather than damage for the future.

Lets face it - Tanks are the wave of the future as far as Mythic is concerned - all casters will eventually be pushed into support roles - only healer types will escape this fate...

Beware the Dark Age of Tankalot!!!

M

mid_Efour

Azurat, u r the best advert for supp runies u r very good at what u do :)

Alot of darkness runies, too many to name i see alot of death spam i suspect dark runie

RC--??? where are u hiding? :p i bet theres only like 3 left in mid

O

old.ViscountCharles

I'm 47RC, 26Supp - but I haven't RvR'd much yet.

So far what I've been doing in keep defences/raids is enemy caster suppression - nearsight from the supp line to negate their range, then a few bolts at max range to kill them. Seems a fair way to use what I've got (and because the enemy mage is just one body in a big zerg, I'm much less likely to suffer from "bolt blocked because enemy is in combat" nonsense that makes bolts pretty useless in PvE. I have no idea if it is "better" or "worse" than dark, supp or some of the more exotic combinations, but it works for me.

J

Jenna.

Im RC and it r0xx0rs!

1. I got uber DD, I almost outdamage a shaman's DD, with worse castingtime. (176, 3 sec castingtime)

2. I got uberbolts, they are good when they hit if they hit, and the target cannot be wearing epic and/or shield ofcourse.
The castingtime is uber also, 4 sec.

3. I got 10 sec crappy pbt.

4. I got 45% crappy NS

5. I got 50% colddebuff so darkrunies loves me.

6. got gtaoe which actually can be fun regarding keeps.

(Im 47/26 btw)

what you can do as a rc-runie with mine spec:

1. Spam NS on blaen, give team pbt, colddebuff for other runies.

2. Kill solo casters with crappy resistance and low RR. That requires me to get to NS them ofcourse, at maximum range.

3. Annoy people bashing doors.

what I cannot do:

1. Pharm rpz

2. kill people

3. hit with bolts

4. do damage with bolts

M

mid_Efour

Originally posted by Jenna.
Im RC and it r0xx0rs!

what I cannot do:

2. kill people

3. hit with bolts

4. do damage with bolts

This seems like a slight probelm to me

A

Ardrias_Mid

I respecced as mentioned. It rocks :)

Only downside may be an increased powerdrain.... Otherwise, I feel much more useful than as full dark.

M

Makwaerk

well I don't even have a runie, so guess this is not worth much .. but I would go 47rc 11 sup 24 dark if I had one due to the heavy resist....start with dubuff and nuke away, I bet you will nuke more then darkness runies did before SC + you get gtaoe and bolt to PLAY with

L

Lanfaer

started as a fullsupp runie, did ok in most situations and you can take just about anything 1on1 (cept assassins who land PA, unless they land PA they're toast) this due to the fact that you got a snare on your dd, just dd until they're almost in range, run off a bit and start over ... was actually able to take out redcon mobs this way (heavy power outage tho since you gotta nuke one or two times ;)).

then traded the 6sec pbt for 47darkness and some rc for the first GTAE, did awesome damage in very short time, had 250+ dex and the castingtime was nonexistant, gtae was also handy in keepdefence/attacks.

currently an rc with 47rc and 26supp for the first pbt, the dd is weaker and slower than the darkness equivalent, but them spears when ae'in sure look nice ;), and the bolts are very hand for picking off casters and archers, if the last the first bolt they sure wont the second.

so to sum it up,

if you want very good nearsight and pbt capabilities you go for 44supp and then go for rc for the debuffs and gtae, will also give you a decent baseline bolt since you'll get 45+ in rc with items and rr's

if you want to deal massive dmg in least amount of time go 48 darkness and the rest supp so you can get gbt

if you want a caster that hits from a range and is very handy in keepdefs (big gtae) rc47+supp/dark is the deal.

B

Biermann

47rc 24dark 11supp

Best rm-spec for dmg and fun, imo.

You get all the nice spells rc got, bolts, ae, gtae and colddebuff. You have some dark to make it possible to nuke decent with the lvl43 darkness baseline nuke. with max +darkness you can get closer to 40dark(i got 41dark with rr and items) and you have the first nearsight, which get resisted alot, but is still usable.

Debuff with cold from rc line, then nuke with the lvl43 155basedmg darkness nuke. You do more dmg than a full darkcarver could do with his nuke on the same target without cold debuff.

Im doing around 400-500dmg(mom3) on everyone (no hit under 380, if the colddebuff hits).

E

evincar

nukesmurf..

I respecced to 37 RC / Dark 11 Supp

For Soloing / Farming, RC works great (love the range)

For RvR I use my 30% Cold debuff, then procede to nuke with my 37 spec Dark DD. which delves @ 173.
With mom3 It caps @ 567 methinks..

When my debuff stick's I nuke for about 450 avg. on 50's
Pow drain is low using a lower spec DD.

Other points..
I got 2 Bolts, next best AE, next best GTAE, lowest NS, and bubble on target.

Do I miss pbt?

For soloing / farming?
No.
For Zerg's / Open RvR?
No, Im usually mezzed or slammed (which is why I respecced away MoC )
For Keep taking / Defence / Epic hunts?
Pbt is the RoXXor.. /cry!

Other then that, im happy :)

Oh yeah, and I have both RC & Dark to lvl 51 with RR's etc..

Nukesmurf of Onslaught

Users who are viewing this thread