Flaming tips :o

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Thought this was kinda nice, specially since some reminded me of people on here... :p Got it from Torrentspy ~

1. Tell your opponent that the argument is over, because it's degenerated into pointlessness.... doing so at the end of your post giving you the lengthy last word in it.

2. Predict the imminent death of the Internet.

3. Call your opponent a Nazi.

4. Change the subject by pointing out all of your opponent's grammar and spelling mistakes.

5. Post some horribly vicious and insulting note about your opponent.... several minutes later, post a profuse apology, claiming that you'd intended to send the message privately to a friend.

6. a: Refer frequently to pretend hordes of lurking supporters, who have mailed you privately to express their agreement and gratitude.... but aren't willing to come out publicly and say anything. (See also here.)

6b: Accuse your opponent of trying to intimidate your hordes of supporters.... add indignantly that you "will not be silenced".

7. Attempt to impress/silence your opponent by discussing your professional credentials and experience related to the topic at hand, which clearly make your opinions better and more correct than anyone else's.... be vague about details if your credentials and experience aren't actually all that impressive. (Also known as "dueling resumes".)

8. Accuse your opponent of being overly sensitive, or suggest in a patronizing tone that they "must be having a bad day".

9. Claim that an insult or other rudeness was "just a joke", and suggest that your opponent has no sense of humor.

10. Claim that *everything* is a matter of opinion, that there are no such things as facts or truth.

11. a: Claim that facts are absolute.... that there's never any such thing as dispute or disagreement about a fact.

11b: Assume that everything you learned in college, no matter how many years ago nor how much a field has advanced in the meantime, is completely unchanged.

12. Redefine words to mean whatever you want them to mean. (Also known as the "Humpty Dumpty" defense.)

13. Refuse to look something up, if challenged to do so.... no need, surely your memory is perfect.

14. Ask your opponent to supply lengthy and detailed references for their every statement.

15. Claim that if something works for you/your spouse/your kid/your parent/your best friend/your boss/your hairdresser's first cousin's dog's veterinarian, it will always work for everyone.... and if it doesn't, it's because they're not doing it right.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
bleh thought by the title this was going to be a clicky with some sort of firework crossed with nipple clamp arrangement, straef me old china i am thoroughly dissapionted in you.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
bleh thought by the title this was going to be a clicky with some sort of firework crossed with nipple clamp arrangement, straef me old china i am thoroughly dissapionted in you.
Sowwy :( I'll go look for some nice nipple clam stuff for ye in a minute! :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
hehe i've used loads of those lol
Without looking at that list :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Bubble said:
Well thats only your Opinion Nazi!

it's been discussed over and over, and every time i had to break it apart with my knowledge of idiocy and nazism, Straef already mailed me telling me how much he agrees that bubble is both.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
it's been discussed over and over, and every time i had to break it apart with my knowledge of idiocy and nazism, Straef already mailed me telling me how much he agrees that bubble is both.
Yes, and I'm fairly sure after looking it up, even tho I didn't need to :eek:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Ezteq said:

can i see your flaming nipples please?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tris- said:
can i see your flaming nipples please?

:eek6: :eek2:
Tris!!!! shocked and appauled!..............

you want to see the supurflous third one too or just the normal ones?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
sorry my mistake was a 15 year old nicotine patch damn thought i was special for a while there but turns out im just a filthy skank :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
just the normal ones. and i dont even care if they arnt on fire either.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
16. Use really really difficult and advanced words so None-English enemies will have a hard time following up and eventually look stupid

17. Should you be loosing, use phrases like
'Dont argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.' and stop replying

Mey

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Yes, and I'm fairly sure after looking it up, even tho I didn't need to :eek:

Well my Great Granddad was a Nazi. I have also studied world war two history for ten years, achieving a Master Degree in modern world history and gaining a Dr. of History, so that obviously makes me an expert in this field, and I can whole heartily concur that you sir are a Nazi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom