fix your bloody game

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I don't get it - If I didn't know better I'd say you're all making this up (But of course that's not the case). In total I'm sure I've not had more than 5CTD's. I haven't suffered from any lag, at all, apart from some spikes which were on my end. Graphic-wise I've not had any trouble either. :confused:

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
i dunno whatsetup ppl are running, i too had loads of ctd's until recently. I allmost gave up on the game due to the factor only.

I tried to getter a bet gfx card for my laptop since i suspected that to be the issue.... unfortunately my lappy is one of these "lets make a cheap laptop in china and solder the shit out of it so nothing can be changed".

so i was really gutted first... then i started to look at it, and found out that it couldnt lead the heat away properly.... i clean up fans etc reguarly so was sure that couldnt be the problem but to some extend it was.... i ended up drilling a few more air holes in the bottom and havent had a SINGLE ctd ever since.

I know this wont work for all ofc, but those of like me not running a highend machine.... check your fans... it can make the difference.... all it takes its a little higher temp and you will have ctd/bsod all over the place.

hope it will help someone to get thier problem fixed

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah I'm running a low end machine but I do occasionally clean the fan and have done it very recently so I dunno if that's the problem.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
i dunno whatsetup ppl are running, i too had loads of ctd's until recently. I allmost gave up on the game due to the factor only.

I tried to getter a bet gfx card for my laptop since i suspected that to be the issue.... unfortunately my lappy is one of these "lets make a cheap laptop in china and solder the shit out of it so nothing can be changed".

so i was really gutted first... then i started to look at it, and found out that it couldnt lead the heat away properly.... i clean up fans etc reguarly so was sure that couldnt be the problem but to some extend it was.... i ended up drilling a few more air holes in the bottom and havent had a SINGLE ctd ever since.

I know this wont work for all ofc, but those of like me not running a highend machine.... check your fans... it can make the difference.... all it takes its a little higher temp and you will have ctd/bsod all over the place.

hope it will help someone to get thier problem fixed

I can garantee you it aint the fans (heat).

It's bad programming. For... sure!

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

If it was the programming, near everyone would have it.
I've ran WAR already on three different PC's.
I've had no CTD at all

And please, if the game bothers you so much, stop trolling these forums and go play another MMO. I hear there was a big release for another game yesterday anyway...

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I had 2 CTDs yesterday in the RvR areas during the zergfest. Maybe the server side stress caused these?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie

Why don't you shut up?

Interestingly though, an anagram of CowledScout is: Cut slow code. Which would be a helpful suggestion if you ever gave one.

However, it also an anagram for: Code cow slut.

I know which one I think of every time I see your name here....

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Why don't you shut up?

Interestingly though, an anagram of CowledScout is: Cut slow code. Which would be a helpful suggestion if you ever gave one.

However, it also an anagram for: Code cow slut.

I know which one I think of every time I see your name here....

Scrabble much? ;)

On topic: In our guildgroup, there are numerous occasions of CTDs. Seems to be completely random tho. Some poor sobs get it as soon as they take a flyer. Some only get it once in a blue moon. So far I couldnt find any trace of a pattern here. .myp files, beta or retail client, patchlevel of game, graphics driver and OS, xp or vista, 32bit or 64bit, amount of RAM...

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
If it was the programming, near everyone would have it.
I've ran WAR already on three different PC's.
I've had no CTD at all

And please, if the game bothers you so much, stop trolling these forums and go play another MMO. I hear there was a big release for another game yesterday anyway...

:cheers:

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
3 keep takes/3 crashes as the lord dies. 1.5 hours wasted. Subs going on hold till they fix the ctd or make it so u log in whee u crash and extend the loot timer.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
3 keep takes/3 crashes as the lord dies. 1.5 hours wasted. Subs going on hold till they fix the ctd or make it so u log in whee u crash and extend the loot timer.

The loot isn't that great, the contribution thing is bugged and you only get 1k renown, which you can get from 2 solo kills.

Seems a bit melodramatic to cancel your subs just for the reason you gave.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
The loot isn't that great, the contribution thing is bugged and you only get 1k renown, which you can get from 2 solo kills.

Seems a bit melodramatic to cancel your subs just for the reason you gave.

What else is there to do? Take keeps or erm. A spot of pve in a instance maybe. But thats the same, crash and its over. About all there is to do is run scenarios. After the first 100 they get kinda yawn.

Unless I'm missing something?

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
I've had 2 CTD's total since WARs release

I have a mid range PC

Playing WoW I used to crash a couple of times per week on average. Charging through cracks in floor and dropping out of the world was common too. Oh and the loot bug, where you walk around permanently crouched over.

B

Balaus

Hmm got me an updated pc infact a new build top end spec. Have at least a dozen ctd's per day (8 hours play approx):(

I am also playing Fallout 3 maxed out at ultra without a single ctd.:D

Now when I try to log into warhammer I get an incorrect password error at the point of selecting the server to play on, which incidently is past the point of the password entry and if I had not put the correct password in I wouldn't be at this point in the game..

I love the gameplay on warhammer but the negatives are starting to outweigh the enjoyment of playing:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom