fix your bloody game

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
It's been over a month and CTD are still common. This is unaceptable for any modern game.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of threads about this and always some are having problems, some are having none.

Personally I have only had 1 CTD since open beta ended. I have a great PC and a crappy ADSL ISP, when i had a crappy PC in open beta i would CTD all the time (unplayable springs to mind). Not saying this is the cause of your problem, but thats what was doing it for me.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
The game is beta, cant even run a assist macro.

50% of the times you hit assist "game lockup"

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
It's been over a month and CTD are still common. This is unaceptable for any modern game.

hehe dude ive just spent the last week fighthing with Fallout 3, yes i even went out and purchased the retail, still dont work

infact out of the box the game dont run

its the worst release ive ever seen, the bethusda forums are full of folks with all sorts of problems, the few who it at leasts starts a new game for get all sorts of ctds n stuff.

AOC is rock compared to fallout :) even AOC IS ROCK compared to fallout3

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I rarely crash. Have you made sure you only log on when the moon and sun are in a favourable configuration? Perhaps Uranus is out of alignment. All kinds of shit can happen then.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
hehe dude ive just spent the last week fighthing with Fallout 3, yes i even went out and purchased the retail, still dont work

its the worst release ive ever seen, the bethusda forums are full of folks with all sorts of problems, the few who it at leasts starts a new game for get all sorts of ctds n stuff.

AOC is rock compared to fallout :) even AOC IS ROCK compared to
fallout3

Odd mine works with no hassle

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't even realise CTDs were still a problem. Not had one myself or heard anyone in guild complain about it in a long time!

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Not having as many ctd anymore but it still pisses me off that it takes so long to log out. Switching between characters takes so long it's just not worth it.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved

Spot who just crashed out for the 4th time tonight when he wrote this;)

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Haven't had a CTD in ages, then again it's never really been much of a problem for me. Checked the data.myp file by the way? If it's at more than 47.1megs try deleting it and run the perform full file check or whatever it's called when login in.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
i ctd 20-30 times each day mostly, my com is twice as good as min specs so that shouldnt be the problem.

sometimes it uns for a week without ctds, and then like this week with ctd all over.
I never have any lag or whatso ever, just freeze and then hard reboot and login again. starting to get very frustrating..

GReaper

Part of the furniture
CTDs aren't much of an issue here anymore, but I seriously wish they'd do something about the client performance.

Fix the bloody game! :(

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

See, now that's Bullshit...I've mostly set aside WAR for Fallout 3 at this time, and I encounter no problems. None at all. No stuttering, no crashes.
When you look at bethsoft forums, most people who are having problems have probably a) a crap PC or b) a badly installed PC

Fallout 3's release is many times better than that of AoC.

Also, I never encountered a single CTD in WAR...

EDIT: this Fallout 3 post made me remember Titan Quest. Many people complained about the game's poor stability too and their frequent CTD's...Afterwards, it was found out that at certain points in the game (every time you take a quest), the game checked if it was a legal copy...if not, you were ejected back to the desktop. Two/thirds of the CTD problems were caused by illegal copies. And let's face it, the whinefefst on Bethesda forums is probably something similar. (I'm not saying your copy is illegal, Herculespluto: there's always unlucky people)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Never ctd here and I run a crappy PC. On another note I justr upgraded my sound card from some crappy sounblaster live to a soundblaster audigy 5.1 or whatever and it improved the games performance massively and I mean MASSIVELY.

I could barely move around much in Sp before but now it runs like a dream and only stutters when people first come onto my screen for a few seconds. Fucking ace! Who knew a new Souncard would have such an impact!

Gonna buy a new chip when I get paid and then the game should run like a dream!!

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I get the odd CTD. Got a decent pc spec but I have noticed I only CTD after I have been on for a few hours.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
I only get CTD in open RVR. After, say, 4 keeps taken im almost certain to get a CTD :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
The game is beta, cant even run a assist macro.

50% of the times you hit assist "game lockup"

post in other thread aswll!:p

anyway solution for that = delete all macros.. and make new 1:)

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
I rarely crash. Have you made sure you only log on when the moon and sun are in a favourable configuration? Perhaps Uranus is out of alignment. All kinds of shit can happen then.

When the moon is in the 7th sky and Jupiter aligns with Mars...

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I've had 2 CTDs since launch, I think.

Surely this pattern of some getting them, some not, must be traceable to some platform config issue? A post from Mythic would be nice, if there are specific components or drivers that are a problem. In fact a post from Mythic saying they'd ruled that out would also be nice if that's the case.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
right now i`m having at least 1 ctd an hour. it`s frustrating.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
right now i`m having at least 1 ctd an hour. it`s frustrating.

Just out of interest, what do you think of the support you are getting when you report the crashes? Are GOA helping at all or just going through the motions?

Best stability support I saw was in Pirates of the Burning Seas. People would use the MS bug reporting function, and the game was patched very quickly to address whatever was causing the CTD.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Just out of interest, what do you think of the support you are getting when you report the crashes? Are GOA helping at all or just going through the motions?

Best stability support I saw was in Pirates of the Burning Seas. People would use the MS bug reporting function, and the game was patched very quickly to address whatever was causing the CTD.

unfortunately i don`t think GOA can adress problems like client stability. i think that is mythics domain.

so, i can`t complain about GOA suport over things that are beyond their scope.

also it seems like the issue of the ctds is a very complex one and can not be pinpointed to just one issue that can easely be solved.

imho, fixing the CTD issue should be mythics biggest priority. way more important than adding new content and class balancing.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I had one CTD yesterday. Seems to happen totally randomly, as it was 5 minutes after i started the game. Then i played ~ 3 hourhs without any problems.
So no, the problem aint completely solved, and tbh its not good enough for a game this long into launch. Afterall, this is 2008 - not 1998.

My system is:
E8400 @ 3.45Ghz
Nvidia 780I chip
2Gb DDR2 @ 1022Mhz
Zotac GTX260 AMP2 Edition

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Don't have CTDs anymore. Only time recently they came back with a vengance, was when I switch on EAX in game, and thats was more to do with lockups and not CTDs.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

mine has worked a treat :)

WaR on the otherhand, still guaranteed a few crashes per knight (atleast before my subs finished). Nothing to do with my PC specs, it smokes any other game on the market.....

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
3 keep takes today and as the inner door went down CTD on each one:(. If it isnt fixed i'm gonna end up with a bunch of lvl 31 chars. T4 is a no go zone fro me as it stands.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.080917-1612)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: Rampage Extreme
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/11/08 20:08:20 Ver: 08.00.14
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 2537MB used, 4289MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Description: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438334&REV_1003
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys
Driver Version: 6.10.0001.6480 (English)

DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

if it helps:(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I've started getting CTDs when She Who Must Be Adored decides I've been playing too long. And when I say crash I mean it. Nothing convinces you to stop playing more than your head bouncing off the desk.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Bah I'm starting to regret my re subscription now. I have played for less than 2 hours today and have had 4 CTDs in that time :( Sure my computer's specs aren't all that great, but this kinda thing doesn't happen on other games :S (except cod5 beta, which made me blue screen of death a few times 0_0). When I first log onto a character I get massive lag and can't do anything for minutes, usually things calm down after a while, although today I haven't had such luck.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Another CTD. Another wasted hour. Why cant we login where we crash. This is the shitiest system ive ever come across in a mmorpg.

If the goal is to drive me back to WoW then its working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom