[SUGGESTION] Fix it so Engineer sentry guns DONT fecking fire through walls!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
tbh, its not ust the guns that needs a fix.... pets bolting thru walls ?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
engy turrets do it, so do magus pets
and not to mention white lion pets (and squigs?) having no vertical vector, yay for them going from keep door to oil points...

its like bad flashback to daoc 4 years ago :\

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Pbaoe through walls 2.0.
I wonder sometimes if they really don't learn anything.
It's more or less ANYTHING that passes through ...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Please for the love of god, fix this bug.

That will not happen.

Warhammer has broken network code (target right in front of you but not in range), broken collision detection (bad bouding boxes, people simply teleporting out of body blocks or going right through you) , broken line of sight (turrets, pets firing through solid objects).

Most of the problems were in DAoC, same game engine, same developers, same shit.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
One thing I love to do, while my pet is firing through keep doors is to wait for a few people to run up too the keep doors and then use my Chaotic Rift to pull them through the door to keep pwned ... hoping that the ram controller gets pulled in :D

Of course this is a bug and will be fixed soon I imagine, but still fun to use and imagine what the that person is saying on their other side of the screen.

Mabs

Of course this is a bug and will be fixed soon I imagine, but still fun to use and imagine what the that person is saying on their other side of the screen.

probably reporting you for bug abuse i wouldnt wonder

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
My pet's ability to fire through walls is the only thing that makes it useful, the dps from it is appallingly bad. That said, I agree in that I'd rather see it fixed and have decent dps than it rely on poor game code to be useful.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
So mutch is repeating it self from the daoc misstakes, remember theurg pet's,cabba,sm pet,animist all blow the crap out of you past walls/doors.

I wonder if this is also one of the things mythic learned from daoc, Considering they state they learned so mutch from the misstakes they did in Daoc still there are so many bugs in WaR that are so simple to find etc...

Fixes comes on US and not EU just like patches for Daoc US to EU ? cool
already starting to get more and more like the old Daoc support US get the cheese things first EU ppl 1-2 months after.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
probably reporting you for bug abuse i wouldnt wonder

Nah they can't really do anything about this bug as it falls into the same catagory as the pets firing through the walls or the white lions running through keep doors etc.

All people can do is report the bug and wait for it to be fixed, but I've never laughed so hard the first time this happened. In Tier 4 and never mentioned to use the spell as I didn't know it would pull someone through a door, but in popped a level 31 WH, who just stood there while 10x people give him a love slap :D

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
My pet's ability to fire through walls is the only thing that makes it useful, the dps from it is appallingly bad. That said, I agree in that I'd rather see it fixed and have decent dps than it rely on poor game code to be useful.

Agreed. It is fun to play but is increasingly only good for interefence and in a 6 player group I am not sure it warrants a place. A thorough review to get it all nice a sparkly would be nice.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Nah they can't really do anything about this bug as it falls into the same catagory as the pets firing through the walls or the white lions running through keep doors etc.

All people can do is report the bug and wait for it to be fixed, but I've never laughed so hard the first time this happened. In Tier 4 and never mentioned to use the spell as I didn't know it would pull someone through a door, but in popped a level 31 WH, who just stood there while 10x people give him a love slap :D

Perhaps "they" can't do anything about it - but reporting will still happen and I do hope something will be done about it.
You do not control the turrent/pet directly, but you do control your character directly.

Pulling somebody through a door does sound like exploiting a bug to me, and I for one will report it each time I see it happen, in the hope that something will happen regarding it - if nothing else a fast fix to this problem.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
One thing I love to do, while my pet is firing through keep doors is to wait for a few people to run up too the keep doors and then use my Chaotic Rift to pull them through the door to keep pwned ... hoping that the ram controller gets pulled in :D

I'll report it everytime i see it dude, in the hope that Mythic will declare it as a bug (pretty much as it was declared the Necro Pet nuking untargettable cause inside walls etc) and be a bannable exploit as fas as possible.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Well obviously it's a bug, but considering we've seen this since DAoC it's also rather obvious that it's not an easy fix. Doesn't bother me all that much really. Wish they'd say something about it though. :-/

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind if people report it, but it won't stop me from using all the spells I have to use on my class. I reported this myself as a problem because it is a serious issue. This can be used the other way around, having an Engineer on the other side of the door to pull people outside ... I think i did that as well sometime during the weekend, but only because there were people trying to get pushed us into the door, so those aoeing the door from the inside got pulled out.

If Mythic find this to be an exploit, then they should disable the ability on both the magus and engineer until it's fixed; however like I said I'm not going to stop using this spell in rvr/keep taking :flame:

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
its like bad flashback to daoc 4 years ago :\

Hehe
Was thinking that last night
10 secs before the door goes down in a T2 keep and I was watching 3 BW's PBAOE'ing at/through the door and engineers are collecting RP's from their shrooms.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Well obviously it's a bug, but considering we've seen this since DAoC it's also rather obvious that it's not an easy fix. Doesn't bother me all that much really. Wish they'd say something about it though. :-/

It should be easy to fix it, it's EA, they most likely have source code level access to the Gamebryo game engine used in Warhammer and DAoC, so they can change it themself if they don't, they have enough power and money to ask for custom changes.

Rigid bodies and LOS is game programming 101.

It's just a matter of priorities and listening to the community, a chance for Mythic. Let's see if the make a good use of it, though looking at the history with DAoC and the same problems there I share your doubts.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Hehe
Was thinking that last night
10 secs before the door goes down in a T2 keep and I was watching 3 BW's PBAOE'ing at/through the door and engineers are collecting RP's from their shrooms.

i was one of them after being magnus pulled out of the keep through a solid wall for the 3rd time i got annoyed and got into the " if they bug abuse, so will i" mentality

Sorry :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
i was one of them after being magnus pulled out of the keep through a solid wall for the 3rd time i got annoyed and got into the " if they bug abuse, so will i" mentality

Sorry :(

Basically - that is the risk.
We see others abuse and "win" and then wonder why we should take the high road. It is a viscous spiral but alas, when fair is a four letter word, it is the only route which seems to be taken.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
only time i'll use it if people camp their spawn in scenario's

and in rare cases to counter-exploit, as if my turret will kill u ....

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Talking about pulling through walls. My witch elf can climb walls. Just mount up and jump just before you're hitting the keep wall and you'll boost yourself right ontop of the wall.

Works well for killing those annoying ranged classes with their seemingly high enough initiative to unstealth you from cliprange.

:m00:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is i can put my pet behind the door but the only way to not have it attack someone behind said door is to put it on passive which means when the door eventually goes down it will sit there and do nothing.

as for killing someone i very much doubt it unless your afk and dont realise it, or you dont realise the range and stand there running around in circles dying.

but to be honest my pet is a extra dot and its not a very effective one, i much prefer to grenade folks from the walls than rely on my pet doing maybe 100 points of damage (if im incredibly lucky)

as for fixing i very much doubt mythic is considering turrets to be broken. Im sure if you had a keep full of engineers with an assist macro it might make a difference but generally i only ever see maybe 5 engineers at a defence.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It makes the difference because even one turret interrupts the long spells.

Nothing more annoying than a turret in a bush but that's at least well placed, but when it's firing through concrete/solid/rigid bodies/objects then

it is

SHIT CODE.

No matter how much you wrap up shit, it will be always shit.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Talking about pulling through walls. My witch elf can climb walls. Just mount up and jump just before you're hitting the keep wall and you'll boost yourself right ontop of the wall.

Works well for killing those annoying ranged classes with their seemingly high enough initiative to unstealth you from cliprange.

:m00:

you do realise thats an exploit :p, i.e. you can be suspended for it
Although i just thouight WE had a ability to climb up as there were a few regularly getting in

rynnor

Rockhound
you do realise thats an exploit :p, i.e. you can be suspended for it
Although i just thouight WE had a ability to climb up as there were a few regularly getting in

Probably but this is a feature of the dodgy textures - I have sometimes walked over a rock and been thrown high in the air like I have been knockbacked - thats a new bug that wasnt in daoc's engine as far as I recall.

Redflower

Fledgling Freddie
That will not happen.

Warhammer has broken network code (target right in front of you but not in range), broken collision detection (bad bouding boxes, people simply teleporting out of body blocks or going right through you) , broken line of sight (turrets, pets firing through solid objects).

Most of the problems were in DAoC, same game engine, same developers, same shit.

I was actually wondering if it was just me, the targetting seems weird at times, I most often notice in Mourkain Temple that I just can't target anyone who's is slightly off center of the screen, I have to actually turn into the direction of my target in order to be able to target and heal them.

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
Id rather them sort out the constant rapid fire from a turret that has just died.

My ears are falling off from the constant gun fire :(

Mabs

Id rather them sort out the constant rapid fire from a turret that has just died.

My ears are falling off from the constant gun fire :(

the last patch fixed the nurglings repetative noise post-death, so it may be fixed if its same thing, or at least is fixable, which is a blessing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom