First Week RvR on Hib Avalon.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
i would love to play avalon but I aint not pve'ing any toons and the language things puts me off.

wish GOA could give toon transfer or summin though.

Would say if you did decide to give avalon a go theres now loads of ex cluster guilds on all 3 realms with PL toons and crafters or atleast contacts to german crafters that speak english....so right now making a toon couldnt be easier....due to high server population ML raids are weekly too if you wanted to get those done.

Cant help you with the language thing, its really not hard to get used to and theres always people to translate from cluster if you really need it (which you wont after a week)

That being said is there much of a solo scene on Avalon....my druids been 50 and templated awhile now but i've only run grouped or occassionally in the zerg zone.....i heard theres a solo zone like the group zone / zerg zones they run...is that right? Might PL me a solo toon for the times Slow Crew arent running.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
i would love to play avalon but I aint not pve'ing any toons and the language things puts me off.

The language thing isnt too bad. There is an SC tool and a character tool that allows easy translation from german to uk (and vica versa). Also you quickly get to know the important bits (ie stats and stuff on items in german). Also as you can see there is quite a community over on avalon now, so you wont be alone, and will get loads of support.

Additionally, TD's make levelling acceptable, and particularly at the moment there is a bandwagon to jump on and take advantage of for xp'in, sorting artis and mls.

I wont pretend it isnt annoying at times, and that the grind is a bit of a pain, but in comparison to playing on cluster its a complete breath of fresh air - its lke a cloud has been lifted.

Biggest pain ive found, is the double whammy of the language barrier, and me not being used to mid (so basic stuff like horse routes are a complete unknown to me), but you won't at least have that hurdle to jump.

Finally, this avalon move isnt a flash in the pan, things are only going to get worse and worse on cluster, so if you want to keep playing DAOC then I see it as the only option. Though it may well be that you only see yourself sticking with it for a few months before quiting entirely, as the stealther wars still look acceptable, provided you dont want late night action.

Anyhow, sorry for killing you lastnight on cluster, looked like a random stealther add fight, didnt spot you amoung the others.

/wave

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
It helps to have a German player with you :p

Or have Jacob who pretends hes fluent in German although i reckon hes guessing most of the time.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:

What Crom and the others said. You have a lot of options - NFD Guild have 20-30 online most nights and there are a lot of others in the alliance.

I am a complete language phobe and even I have managed to do the first 5 steps of the epic by simply browsing Alakazam walkthroughs at the time I am doing them. Other than that the German speakers are really helpful.

The crucial thing though Censi is that the longer you leave it the harder it will get to find people willing to level with you. So think hard about it and amybe pop over and have a look sometime.

Sharkith

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno if they will bring mythic respec and double xp over to the Euro sevrers but its not exactly hard to level in classic or Si with the double xp bonus (commander quests are also effected by double xp).

Spec your charecter for solo PvE .. then use free mythic full skill respec at 50..

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Penlid said:
We have mythic respec already :D

Cool commander quests should be fairly doable aswell since most are listed on alack now.

Think I must have done about 5 TD's in total on US rest has been leveling in mini groups in DF/frontiers/SI

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah Avalon is really nice though shame it's pointless to solo there but for FG and zerg fights it's great even for small groups.
Once they cluster it with Stonehenge it will be well zergy I bet because at the current rate you can have FG after FG just piling in and with the cluster it will be almost double the amount of people.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
They're clustering it with Lyonesse now =o They announced on german news at the bottom.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Penlid said:
They're clustering it with Lyonesse now =o They announced on german news at the bottom.

Hmm last news from GOA is this:

The first cluster operations will take place next Wednesday for Salisbury et Glastonbury and since these changes are quite complex, a long maintenance period is to be expected, starting early in the morning and ending by the end of the afternoon. French and German servers will undergo a short linguistic maintenance on the same day, but the Brocéliande-Ys, Avalon-Stonehenge and Lyonesse-Logres-Dartmoor clusters will not appear until the beginning of january. The modification of the common zones for the Excalibur-Prydwen and Orcanie-Carnac clusters will also take place by the beginning of january.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe ofc mate but!:)

swords said:
It helps to have a German player with you :p

Hehe ofc it would help, but weve manged quite fine with my and Vains random noob basica school bad grade german!:)

To be honest its rediculously easy to get by, by just using some common sence and bable fish + standard realm quest webpages in english!:)

We are almost finished with ToA, lvling and templated and badically nothing has proved to be any real problem except for the cl quest, that required me to actually read an english walktrough!:)

/Charmangle

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
The language thing isnt too bad. There is an SC tool and a character tool that allows easy translation from german to uk (and vica versa). Also you quickly get to know the important bits (ie stats and stuff on items in german). Also as you can see there is quite a community over on avalon now, so you wont be alone, and will get loads of support.
/wave

For those who dont know where to get the tool there is a much easier solution. Just go to craft the item you want with no ingrediants in your pack and then you will get the error message saying what ingrediants you are missing in german.

The only thing that i have found hard is the translation of scrolls. Everything else is easy to work out one way or another.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Bah theyre clustering wrong servers :/ Gifv Dartmoor => Avalon so can play there again :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom