First Week RvR on Hib Avalon.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ok, im L42, zero RAs, in RoGs, total cost of all my gear : 700g.

Woot, albs have Bolg, & Mids have Behn. Skip down to Nged, carefully get to the bridge facing out to Bolg.

Hmm, about 40 or so hibs camping bridge area - shrooms all over the place, storms a kimbo, battlements ontop of bridge all camped with archers & casters...yer this looks pretty safe, I park myself in the middle of a 100 strong shroom field.

Im like..gawd this is gonna be boring....who is gonna attack 5fg of heavily fortified hibs ?

Probably the 7fg of mids on stick.

Ok at keeps, yer np. But that amount of ppl descending at mach5 on us hibbies - shiteee never seen anything like it. A huge open field crazy fight soon started ( most hibs on the open ground across the bridge). We died, the action happened like that through out the night - and albs came in equally large numbers.

Even with this "zerg" action, you could still find soloers,duos, small grps, full grps - and all over the place too. 4 of us ( at L42) found a solo alb wizard, we all chased him, we got him to 70% with like a dozen nukes but he got away :p, couldnt kill him :p

Few days later at L45, few of us got invited to a grp with a L50 animist, and we camped a tower. We waited about 5 mins, then 2 fg mids turned up. Killed 11 when they charged, 4 realm ranks in 1 fight, woot !

Few days later.. Its 3am gmt, 4 of us still grinding. We see albs have just taken a bolg tower. So, in our rogs of Doom, we get to Bolg. 1st door is down, war ram is being rolled to 2nd door - oh noos ! With only 2 other hibs defending, the super leet defence grp of L45-46 chars take out the fg of albs !! we couldnt believe it either :)

The germans are nice people - had np getting invited to grps in both pve and rvr so far. The English speaking alliance is very helpful, and anything you need translating - well someone is always there to tell you.

People who only have experience on cluster - avalon would be a shock, as it was to me and my m8s.

But believe me - avalon having nearly triple the amount of ppl online primetime than cluster - its just action, action, action - and that at the end of the day is what we all want.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe good to hear. Not really ventured out yet, except to get two mid assasination missions on a beno tower (great!).

Looking to get mostly sorted before hitting the big time, but now the level grind is starting to be mixed with ToA stuff, its more fun (never thought i'd say that about toa!).

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
that pretty much sounds like Devon clustering Well there is alot of hibs and albs there but not that many mids like us... when im on which is mostly after work or in the weekend then there is always something to do. rvr side and pve :D so i love i there... after trying that i couldnt returned to Euro :D

swords

Can't get enough of FH
The close you get to finishing ToA the more annoying it gets though :p
I had Eirines bug so didn't get credit and have been farming those damned idols for days (missing the green one as usual :( )
Still, sounds good when I do get out into RvR :)

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
Ok, im L42, zero RAs, in RoGs, total cost of all my gear : 700g.

Woot, albs have Bolg, & Mids have Behn. Skip down to Nged, carefully get to the bridge facing out to Bolg.

Hmm, about 40 or so hibs camping bridge area - shrooms all over the place, storms a kimbo, battlements ontop of bridge all camped with archers & casters...yer this looks pretty safe, I park myself in the middle of a 100 strong shroom field.

Im like..gawd this is gonna be boring....who is gonna attack 5fg of heavily fortified hibs ?

Probably the 7fg of mids on stick.

Ok at keeps, yer np. But that amount of ppl descending at mach5 on us hibbies - shiteee never seen anything like it. A huge open field crazy fight soon started ( most hibs on the open ground across the bridge). We died, the action happened like that through out the night - and albs came in equally large numbers.

Even with this "zerg" action, you could still find soloers,duos, small grps, full grps - and all over the place too. 4 of us ( at L42) found a solo alb wizard, we all chased him, we got him to 70% with like a dozen nukes but he got away :p, couldnt kill him :p

Few days later at L45, few of us got invited to a grp with a L50 animist, and we camped a tower. We waited about 5 mins, then 2 fg mids turned up. Killed 11 when they charged, 4 realm ranks in 1 fight, woot !

Few days later.. Its 3am gmt, 4 of us still grinding. We see albs have just taken a bolg tower. So, in our rogs of Doom, we get to Bolg. 1st door is down, war ram is being rolled to 2nd door - oh noos ! With only 2 other hibs defending, the super leet defence grp of L45-46 chars take out the fg of albs !! we couldnt believe it either :)

The germans are nice people - had np getting invited to grps in both pve and rvr so far. The English speaking alliance is very helpful, and anything you need translating - well someone is always there to tell you.

People who only have experience on cluster - avalon would be a shock, as it was to me and my m8s.

But believe me - avalon having nearly triple the amount of ppl online primetime than cluster - its just action, action, action - and that at the end of the day is what we all want.
im so gona pwn you on avalon m8!:)

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
The close you get to finishing ToA the more annoying it gets though :p
I had Eirines bug so didn't get credit and have been farming those damned idols for days (missing the green one as usual :( )
Still, sounds good when I do get out into RvR :)

I got the idols on my druid! Could have been yours if you'd rerolled hib!

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Calmin said:

Pff I'll get it yet, no worries.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Nate said:
Nice, wish we could get that action here..

no disrespect but there is a section for avalon now: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=311

this thread was comparing the current RvR on cluster with that on avalon, It is also rvr related. So it's fine here imo.

Avalon is good, finished template on warden now, just waiting for ml raids and im sorted and ready for RvR. I'll be out soloing most of the time during the day checking solo spots etc.

Also, wrong forum has beed said 4 times? 1 is enough.

uron

Loyal Freddie
Calmin said:
get online!!!

avalon is great, for rvr neway.

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes but ...

Ati said:
this thread was comparing the current RvR on cluster with that on avalon, It is also rvr related. So it's fine here imo.

Avalon is good, finished template on warden now, just waiting for ml raids and im sorted and ready for RvR. I'll be out soloing most of the time during the day checking solo spots etc.

Perhaps we don't want to know how good it is on Avalon, kind of sick of it being stuck down our throats! :)

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
RVR is pretty good on Excal/Pryd server atm as well. Strong action from the Mids and there was even 3/4 fgs of hibbies tower farming the Albs at Beno :) Was just like the old days:) Really pleased to hear that you are having fun there too.

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
RR9L4-Guildmaster of LOE and
thoroughly nice chap!!

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry all,

Been offline a couple weeks didnt see we had an other servers section now on FH....thanks for that whoever did it!

Can the Slow Crew lads make sure they talk avalon on that forum plix! :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Ati said:

Been said 4 times but ppl still posting :p
You do know theres a forum for the Avalon server dont you? :touch:

Like Ashgen said:
"Perhaps we don't want to know how good it is on Avalon, kind of sick of it being stuck down our throats!"

Zede

Part of the furniture
the idea of the thread is to show ppl here what its like to go re-reroll and mess about in rvr for a week on an off, with no template, no arties.

It all about the numbers. I thought i had played DaoC until I went to Avalon.

I feel like ive been blinkered for years, the veil now gone.

FAO : CM, Muly and all those citing "how the game should be played" - really you have no idea what your talking about - cluster is just a bad approximation on how the game should be played. Come to Avalon - this is how it should be really - at least its how Mythic designed the to be played.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
the idea of the thread is to show ppl here what its like to go re-reroll and mess about in rvr for a week on an off, with no template, no arties.

and people here are incapable of browsing the avalon forum for this "fascinating" info? :twak:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ati said:

no, its about you boasting how "1337" you are thats able to take down a FG of albs when ur in ROG's and sub 50......

seriously, if THATS the state of rvr on that server i wouldent wanna touch it with a 10 foot pole. if lvl 50's with (presumably) templates gets killed by sub 50's in ROG's its some seriously shite rvr... or rather, seriously shite players.....

the PuG's was bad enough on cluster when i played, but not even THOSE groups would die to sub 50's.......

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Odear, i feel the love slipping away.

Can a mod just move the thread before someone gets hurt?

Nate

FH is my second home
Cromcruaich said:
Odear, i feel the love slipping away.

Can a mod just move the thread before someone gets hurt?
don't make me emote you!! ;p hehehe :D everyone hates emotes!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
thing is, most people on cluster would have far more fun on avalon due to the way different playstyles can (fairly peacefully) co-exist but in a far more active community.

but, they (or well, everyone) would be happiest if this cluster had evolved the same, but then with all the oldies, friends, people they know, played with and against for years, etc.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i would love to play avalon but I aint not pve'ing any toons and the language things puts me off.

wish GOA could give toon transfer or summin though.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
i would love to play avalon but I aint not pve'ing any toons and the language things puts me off.

wish GOA could give toon transfer or summin though.
Germans in genral are wery nice ppl..:) some might even help whit pl etc.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zede said:

It all about the numbers. I thought i had played DaoC until I went to Avalon.

I feel like ive been blinkered for years, the veil now gone.

FAO : CM, Muly and all those citing "how the game should be played" - really you have no idea what your talking about - cluster is just a bad approximation on how the game should be played. Come to Avalon - this is how it should be really - at least its how Mythic designed the to be played.

moved the thread :)

Incidentally, arguments about time of play aside I believe Muylaetrix has been saying "zerg and numbers" is the way to play the game for years... but let's not bicker and argue about who killed who, this is supposed to be a ... happy.. occasion.

Everz

FH is my second home
Well was gonna say how great alb/classic is, cept its not, its like playing with pre-schoolers, noone pans, noone runs decent groups, sc'rs charge 1p for one item (no OC also..), hope mid/hib will be better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom